Is this true??

Kinkerbells

3 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

More as they are only going to pay him as singles  so they stake is split  to 50 on each  so they would only get back  1300  + 450  which is 1750 as against 23400

Are you a bookmaker or just very knowledgeable?? Tell me too piss of nosey if you like no offense taken. But your somewhat very knowledgeable in certain things. So maybe not a bookmaker but I'm thinking your somewhat involved in the gambling industry.

Sorry I'm very bored and now playing miss Marple...wait didn't she solve murders. 

You know what I bloody mean. X

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

Are you a bookmaker or just very knowledgeable?? Tell me too piss of nosey if you like no offense taken. But your somewhat very knowledgeable in certain things. So maybe not a bookmaker but I'm thinking your somewhat involved in the gambling industry.

Sorry I'm very bored and now playing miss Marple...wait didn't she solve murders. 

You know what I bloody mean. X

35 years of gambling.    Never worked in a betting shop but feel it is best to know as much as I can

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

Years ago i had a telephone betting account with hills and trying to put a bet on which was a double of a player scoring first and a correct score. This as we all know is a scorecast but been naive i thought if a player is 8/1 and the correct score i want is 7/1 why is the scorecast only 35/1 and i tried to get the better odds. Obviously hills wouldn't take the bet as they explained both bets are related and offered the scorecast only. In this instance though i think these guys will get paid out. Hills took the bet so they should honour the bet. Whether it's against their rules or not having both outcomes related it's still their mistake. I'm sure if people looked hard enough with the thousands of bets on offer and the special requested bets available there must be a double treble or acca available where one is more likely if another part of the bet is successful. 

• Keeemon 1

Imagine turning round and saying oh I was half asleep when I put that bet on, can I have my stake back please? You’d get a firm no and be told that bets placed are final and binding once you have the slip. Seems ironic that it wouldn’t work the other way, especially when an employee wrote it out. 

I doubt they’ll get it because they never normally do, there is always some kind of loophole for bookies to use and cite some bullshit so they can con someone else again. 

Scum of the earth, plain and simple. 

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

I wonder if hills would accept a £1 double of a darts player to win tonight and score the most 180's. One is certainly more likely if the other comes in.

I'm so glad I'm not involved anymore. Long gone have the days of a gentleman's agreement. Bookies may have moaned if they lost, but they did pay you.

Everything nowadays seems to be about trying to pull a flanker and trying to find loopholes. Nobody wants to take ownership of mistakes that do happen.

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

I'm so glad I'm not involved anymore. Long gone have the days of a gentleman's agreement. Bookies may have moaned if they lost, but they did pay you.

Everything nowadays seems to be about trying to pull a flanker and trying to find loopholes. Nobody wants to take ownership of mistakes that do happen.

What got me was trying to put a £40 bet on a 9/4 at betfred and the guy saying i have to get any single bets over £25 authorized yet at the time there was a bloke battering a fobt at £50 a spin. You and me both certainly glad not involved anymore.

• Keeemon 2

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

What got me was trying to put a £40 bet on a 9/4 at betfred and the guy saying i have to get any single bets over £25 authorized yet at the time there was a bloke battering a fobt at £50 a spin. You and me both certainly glad not involved anymore.

thats weird.

Think its a shame. When i sign a contract for something here its final, should be the same with bets in bookies. Once accepted and both are agreed, it should stand no matter what

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

3 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

It's ridiculous. 40 bet is nothing

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, TheBingoKingx said:

thats weird.

Think its a shame. When i sign a contract for something here its final, should be the same with bets in bookies. Once accepted and both are agreed, it should stand no matter what

Agree completely. My bet was on Australia to win Eurovision of all things. I lost anyway and Ukraine won.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Agree completely. My beit was on Australia  a refundovision of all things.here's I lost anyway and Ukraine won.

HaHa eurovision = 2 flies running up a wall , take It the racing was finished lol

I always remember when they went computerised and trying to collect on a winning single horse bet .

Bet rejected, only money back /placed  2 seconds late bcoz of queue , but still accepted . Was 1m4f ffs

This used to happen regulaly pre computer ,and bet would have been settled unless there had been 1/ 2 furlongs gone , or maybe a sprint ,NEVER EVER seen a  cashier telling a punter post race , your losing bet was never placed here's a refund .

Not blam8ng the staff as they probs simply didn'thave the time , to notice or the bet just got flagged as a loser .

wonder how much was lost by this .

Feckers

• Keeemon 4

5 minutes ago, Peter clark said:

HaHa eurovision = 2 flies running up a wall , take It the racing was finished lol

I always remember when they went computerised and trying to collect on a winning single horse bet .

Bet rejected, only money back /placed  2 seconds late bcoz of queue , but still accepted . Was 1m4f ffs

This used to happen regulaly pre computer ,and bet would have been settled unless there had been 1/ 2 furlongs gone , or maybe a sprint ,NEVER EVER seen a  cashier telling a punter post race , your losing bet was never placed here's a refund .

Not blam8ng the staff as they probs simply didn'thave the time , to notice or the bet just got flagged as a loser .

Feckers

I was in hills probably couple of years ago now. Placed a £50 bet on a South African race. Got my betting slip and sat down to watch the race. Shortly after got a tap on my shoulder and the cashier handed my £50 back to me and said sorry bet not placed in time, they were not even off.

Of course, the horse went and won. Wtf

Edited by david1111
  • Agree 2
  • Keeemon 1

16 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I was in hills probably couple of years ago now. Placed a £50 bet on a South African race. Got my betting slip and sat down to watch the race. Shortly after got a tap on my shoulder and the cashier handed my £50 back to me and said sorry bet not placed in time, they were not even off.

Of course, the horse went and won. Wtf

Aye sometimes it would take foreva to update  the screens with foreign races .cartoon racing was the same if i remember . Problem was they had to much content on yhe screens to keep it updated (greedy fkrs )Glad to hear i wasn't the unluckiest gambler in the world david . 

We cant even win when winning ffs

Still we win every day now .

Only way to do it 

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

Guest centipede

this actually happens most years when people put those 'will it snow in plymouth?' type bets on, and put loads more towns on as an accumulator

was an error taking the bet as they clearly affect each other.

Its funny, because if the bookies just pay out this bet straight away there is actually nothing in it for them, whereas if they refuse to pay out and it ends up in the newspaper like this bet, then they pay out in the end and everyone says well done to them for seeing sense and paying out, its a lot of free publicity. If they just pay it out straight away there is none of that.

the fact they sat on it for 9 months though pisses me off, as for instance what if one half of the bet did come in? there is no way the customers would have gone back to WH and collected the £50 win part for half the bet, as they still didnt know!!

thousands of pounds of peoples money is sitting with bookmakers like this, with people not knowing they wasnt going to get paid out anyway...

3 hours ago, Peter clark said:

Feckers

I once had a ruck with the manager in a Ladcrooks shop who refused to pay out a guy because his bet was late and he had the winner.  My bet was taken after his and mine was a loser and if they were refusing to pay him I was adamant they should give me my money back.

they just point blank refused and basically told me to get lost.

I never bet there again.

Another guy in the same shop was on about taking them to court after he got a tricast up on the virtuals  for around 7k  and they said it was late by 2 seconds and so he was on the next race not that one !

Another friend of a friend told me once he went into a shop and had 500 on a greyhound  which lost.   A few seconds later the manager approached him and gave him his money back and said "we do not need your kind of business"   he could not believe his luck in getting his money back and said fair enough and left.

On the other extreme you used to see small bookmaker shops where the boss worked  take bets half way round in a chase as they knew it could all change in an instance, A bit like the old on course bookies shouting out prices in running on some races

• Keeemon 2

18 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

IBAS tend to look at the rules and Rules say you lose sorry

I would say though if I was on that committee  I would be demanding very clear independent details on why they consider that particular bet to be related and maybe then try and work out what the true odds are so that those guys could be paid on a double at some sort of price.  Because in reality if they were totally related  eg backing a guy to get two goals and a hatrick in a double where if the guy gets a hatrick the two goal part has to come in and so the odds would just be for the Hatrick .The minimum would be 25/1 so if instead the true odds of the second part were cut to 4/1 if the first part came up then I would expect they would get 100 at 4/1 x 25/1   which would be 13k.  If the rules say the bet should not be taken at all then you are stuck with the two singles.