Work? Isit all worth it?

Brownman24

I can relate here a bit I gave up a job that I'd for long time loved it for years good pay on a 1/3 of the pay now I miss the money but for my mental health it was the best I didn't like the direction the company was going miss the new vehicle the most used to make me fell like some but I was living to work no time for anything only a fue charity cycles, but I had ultimately gave. It up at the worst time and wasn't prepared to eg living expenses n all, I was very wrong to rush my thoughts then, I ended up moving and life been much harder now but mentally it was best I just rushed it too soon, 

• Keeemon 3

If it was me I would try and do your career or find a different one outside of London, I personally hated it every time I have ever been after the attraction of the big city and you have done most of the attractions wares of. 

A family member of mine is paying an extortionate of money for a small rented place, everything is more expensive and they are stressed in the job that they are in.

When all is worked out after tax and expenses they are probably better of renting somewhere else in the country on a lower wage job and actually not wake up stressed every morning. 

But the brainwashing of the human race is strong and they would rather have a 'nice looking cv job' then work as less hours as possible and do the things you actually want to do in the day instead of getting home at 8pm and after you finish dinner the day starts over again like groundhog day. 

I have known people who refuse to retire as they claim they are bored, im sorry but you need your head testing if your only happiness in life is working until you drop dead. 

To make matters more depressing those bone idles mp's in government who couldn't do a manual days labour or even implement democracy (cough brexit) if their life depended on it earn 80k a year without expenses and they can retire on mad amounts of money without a scratch on their body. 

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, 4houghts said:

If it was me I would try and do your career or find a different one outside of London, I personally hated it every time I have ever been after the attraction of the big city and you have done most of the attractions wares of. 

A family member of mine is paying an extortionate of money for a small rented place, everything is more expensive and they are stressed in the job that they are in.

When all is worked out after tax and expenses they are probably better of renting somewhere else in the country on a lower wage job and actually not wake up stressed every morning. 

But the brainwashing of the human race is strong and they would rather have a 'nice looking cv job' then work as less hours as possible and do the things you actually want to do in the day instead of getting home at 8pm and after you finish dinner the day starts over again like groundhog day. 

I have known people who refuse to retire as they claim they are bored, im sorry but you need your head testing if your only happiness in life is working until you drop dead. 

To make matters more depressing those bone idles mp's in government who couldn't do a manual days labour or even implement democracy (cough brexit) if their life depended on it earn 80k a year without expenses and they can retire on mad amounts of money without a scratch on their body. 

Great little note that^ cheers mate 

23 hours ago, Brownman24 said:

I don’t know if it’s due to recent events but I am strongly considering my job, I work in London and have to commute in from Essex. I work in internal recruitment for a high st Bank as I’ve mentioned before and I am currently doing a CIPD qualification which is the only thing keeping me around but I just think I’d rather work at the Tesco down the road waking up at 9 and just doing a few hours. I take my work home with me and I have a team that need depend on me to feed them data etc and if I worked out the hourly rate im probably not doing as well as I think I am.

I was pumped about my career not so long ago so I don’t want to do anything hasty but fuck work life balance is important 

Mate, I am currently in a similar position at the moment in terms of the work life balance. I dont mind my job however it is becoming more demanding and basically my employers aren't willing to reward my additional responsibility. Ive had the last two days off and have been having a good think about my future. I decided yesterday to send my CV to a rival company who are recruiting - and less than 24 hours later I have an interview next week! I'm not going to do anything hastly but no harm in trying to better myself, especially for my family.

• Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

If you sow pearls you reap wisdom .....Love is always the answer and the question !!

I'm not in love not important too me at the moment caring for people is one thing but love Love is blind if you love some one or thing they can do 10 bad things and one good thing and the person in love can only see the one good thing, 

31 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Mate, I am currently in a similar position at the moment in terms of the work life balance. I dont mind my job however it is becoming more demanding and basically my employers aren't willing to reward my additional responsibility. Ive had the last two days off and have been having a good think about my future. I decided yesterday to send my CV to a rival company who are recruiting - and less than 24 hours later I have an interview next week! I'm not going to do anything hastly but no harm in trying to better myself, especially for my family.

Do need to be a turn coat ether bud ( to  a rival company) you no go be happy thier also with that attitude, were you wronged by your employer, loyalty is key for me and I'd like for my employer/, employee to be trustworthy and loyal that if problems arise we can chat about it, 

1 hour ago, zdesperadosz said:

I'm not in love not important too me at the moment caring for people is one thing but love Love is blind if you love some one or thing they can do 10 bad things and one good thing and the person in love can only see the one good thing, 

Love is about value , not possession. Real love gives and keeps giving , expresses true respect and cannot divide you --- Real love provides clarity and Peace  not aggression and demands . 

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1