Classic Fruit MacHines (80's and 90's) Guess the Fruit

Slotsofun

Excalibur fruitie was easily my favourite, even if I just seen it pay out I would still play it ha!! If anyone comes across a working order £5 Jackpot one please let me know!! I also watched that crap film dragon something with Sean Connery in it and realised all the sayings on the Excalibur fruit were taken from that film!

Guest centipede

must be about 15-20 years ago, I cant remember what fruity it was called, but there was a wheel in the middle of the feature with some viking character above it, and the hair used to come down either side of the wheel, one side was obviously features, the other side was cash.

We knew how to win it down here, if you got a feature and got extra nudges you would nudge in so the blue 7s would be the nearest win, then collect any old feature and if the machine was going to pay, it would just let you gamble the features either all the way to the top, or I think the 3rd feature down from the top where the reels went round slowly (maybe reel nudger?or something like that) and you could just hold the jackpot symbols

Guest centipede

Crazy fruits!! that was another one, used to be in my mates dads club, £250 jackpot about 15-20 years ago. winning that used to set you up for a whole week on the beers...

Just now, centipede said:

Crazy fruits!! that was another one, used to be in my mates dads club, £250 jackpot about 15-20 years ago. winning that used to set you up for a whole week on the beers...

The good old days when playing fruit machines were fun...... all they seem to do now is take the piss :crywithlaughter:

• Keeemon 1

24 minutes ago, centipede said:

must be about 15-20 years ago, I cant remember what fruity it was called, but there was a wheel in the middle of the feature with some viking character above it, and the hair used to come down either side of the wheel, one side was obviously features, the other side was cash.

We knew how to win it down here, if you got a feature and got extra nudges you would nudge in so the blue 7s would be the nearest win, then collect any old feature and if the machine was going to pay, it would just let you gamble the features either all the way to the top, or I think the 3rd feature down from the top where the reels went round slowly (maybe reel nudger?or something like that) and you could just hold the jackpot symbols

Battle axe is the name barcrest early 90's top machine

50 minutes ago, MLG_1988 said:

I was literally obsessed with this!  Not a 80s machine but definitely a classic in my eyes :smile: still have a few of them around too

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.8d3bbd36f7e82858452302261d4a605c.jpg

Mad for it crazy fruits the £8 version of this machine used to go on an invincible board run for almost the whole hopper I think my biggest run was 11 mad for it boards great machine ?

1 hour ago, MLG_1988 said:

I was literally obsessed with this!  Not a 80s machine but definitely a classic in my eyes :smile: still have a few of them around too

crazy fruits ahh... used to linger around this watching people fill it up because it used to go on runs after it had a bit in it!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 13:23, MLG_1988 said:

Thats Crazy Fruits! Classic! I remember being like 12 or 13 and it paying out £18 which was like a weeks paperound money then! The guy working in the amusement knew it was gona pay out and actually helped me get it ha!

• 1 month later...

I was lucky/unlucky enough to grow up in a seaside town with a funfair and a massive amount of arcades with slot machines. Not strictly 80's more 90's really but i liked the barcrest ones like Psycho cash beast, Spice is Right and Dracula. 5 squid jackpot so must have been a while ago. Too many hours spent playing those and the 2p pushers.....

I like features but hated when slots got super complicated....for me anyway.

23 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

I was lucky/unlucky enough to grow up in a seaside town with a funfair and a massive amount of arcades with slot machines. Not strictly 80's more 90's really but i liked the barcrest ones like Psycho cash beast, Spice is Right and Dracula. 5 squid jackpot so must have been a while ago. Too many hours spent playing those and the 2p pushers.....

I like features but hated when slots got super complicated....for me anyway.

Same as that, I'm on the coast myself. Had an arcade in my town, and the beach was 15minutes on the train, with about a dozen different amusement arcades!

Used to love the eachway nudge machines, and the silver shuffles, lol.

One I remember was the old £4.80? Bullseye, where you could repeaters on the feature.

Used to have 2 machines in a snooker club  I spent most of my teenage years in, I can’t find them anywhere nor can I find pictures online. I’m pretty sure one was called Royal flush and had boombastic on the board, always used to pay!

The other one was a proper old fruity, each time you’d collect, it would pump out each coin and sound like a bullet from a gun ? it had the classic 3 reels of fruits and when you’d get a win, you went up top on the reels and could do 20p, 40p or quid spins, 3 bells was jackpot and quite often if you got up again you would quid it and a full house of oranges would come in. Anyone with any info on these would be greatly appreciated ??