The true cost of gambling

Miller26

5 hours ago, Miller26 said:

Hi guys I thought I owed it to a lot of you just to explain why I had a break and why I can not be on here anymore. 

A little over a month ago I did my complete bollocks in which left me completely broke. I know it's not exactly bread line but I basically had about £5  to last me for a week. I ended up in a very dark place and almost lost my job of over 20 years. 

I haven't gambled since and never want to gamble again. Going forward I want to warn and help people with the dangers of gambling in anyway I can. I no longer agree with affiliation / advertising in the gambling industry as I've seen first hand  the damage it has and is causing. 

I wish everyone of you all the best apart from you affiliates/ content makers. 

Ps I'll be around for a few hours 

We could all be the same person literally the only difference is our post count but I'll be catching you eventually

In all seriousness though I relate to you on this and wish you well and hope the struggle ends soon

• Keeemon 1

An Ode to Miller.

There once was a forum member called Miller,

Allegedly, so I heard, a serial killer,

Miller certainly is rather very naughty,

He's left a trail of dead ho's down the M40,

When not out killing the dirty whores,

Miller was known to back a few horses and correct scores,

He'd back them all night long from Wolverhampton to Mountaineer Park

Baby Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo Baby Shark

Edited by Guest

@Miller26 It is commendable  That you wish to help others ---and no place more suitable than here on the Forum, where many a desperate youngster has 

come to seek help and advice.  So Lick your wounds , put your pride in a box and float it away. Stay with us --- for we have all been there too!!  

I once lived on Jacobs great crackers for a week .....having lost all after a big win--- chasing to win it back . 

However it s your life ,your choice and your time ,and we will always be glad to hear form you regardless --- so stay in touch -- 

• Keeemon 2

It’s always people who refuse to take any responsibility for there own actions.

Take is as a learning lesson and move on. Hope it works out for you plonka ?

good luck moving on from gambling, but not entirely sure why your blame lies on affiliation I presume you gambled before you saw streamers play?  noticed you mention high stakes i'm guessing your blaming your increasing stake on them... but to me its a natural progression a lot of people gradually increase there stake.

I guess we all like to blame others. all the best with not gambling 

3 hours ago, fergj24 said:

good luck moving on from gambling, but not entirely sure why your blame lies on affiliation I presume you gambled before you saw streamers play?  noticed you mention high stakes i'm guessing your blaming your increasing stake on them... but to me its a natural progression a lot of people gradually increase there stake.

I guess we all like to blame others. all the best with not gambling 

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t comment without knowing the whole story, but it does appear to just be a cop out, the affiliates deposited his bank balance into his William Hill account...

36 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t comment without knowing the whole story, but it does appear to just be a cop out, the affiliates deposited his bank balance into his William Hill account...

Just to clarify, miller wasn't blaming affiliation etc for his gambling problem 

It was purely his opinion of affiliation and advertising. It was just his way of warning people not to get lured in by affiliation/advertising incentives.

• Keeemon 1

Late to the party but all the best @Miller26

I’m on my own attempt to stop gambling for good which is why I’m never on the site anymore or in the competitions, this way works for me as I avoid anything that might lure me in or tempt me to put a bet on.  

I don’t hold anything against affiliates of other people who like to gamble, I’m just not lucky or smart enough to win. I’ve closed all my online accounts and that’s done me the world of good. 

Wish you all the best and hope this is the beginning of a long period for you where you’re not wasting money of gambling ❤️ 

• Puke! 1
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

18 minutes ago, Sirbetsalot said:

Late to the party but all the best @Miller26

I’m on my own attempt to stop gambling for good which is why I’m never on the site anymore or in the competitions, this way works for me as I avoid anything that might lure me in or tempt me to put a bet on.  

I don’t hold anything against affiliates of other people who like to gamble, I’m just not lucky or smart enough to win. I’ve closed all my online accounts and that’s done me the world of good. 

Wish you all the best and hope this is the beginning of a long period for you where you’re not wasting money of gambling ❤️ 

Best of luck mate. I don't get involved in any of the horse racing comps. In fact I've not even looked at a horse race since I stopped back in May.

Hope you feel you can stick around as plenty of non gambling relating stuff to chat about.

And we help each other in our quest to quit

Edited by david1111
  • Puke! 1

5 hours ago, david1111 said:

Best of luck mate. I don't get involved in any of the horse racing comps. In fact I've not even looked at a horse race since I stopped back in May.

Hope you feel you can stick around as plenty of non gambling relating stuff to chat about.

And we help each other in our quest to quit

Will do mate, I’ll pop in from time to time ?

I still watch Paul’s streams which are always a lot of fun

• Keeemon 1

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 15:26, david1111 said:

Just to clarify, miller wasn't blaming affiliation etc for his gambling problem 

It was purely his opinion of affiliation and advertising. It was just his way of warning people not to get lured in by affiliation/advertising incentives.

it would appear he was he did say he has seen first hand the damage affiliation causes 

4 minutes ago, fergj24 said:

it would appear he was he did say he has seen first hand the damage affiliation causes 

Possibly, but I've known miller for long enough to know that  he doesn't blame anyone else for his own actions.

I genuinely think it was just a warning to others. Maybe if he does return at some point he can clarify his comments

• Keeemon 1

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:56, david1111 said:

Possibly, but I've known miller for long enough to know that  he doesn't blame anyone else for his own actions.

I genuinely think it was just a warning to others. Maybe if he does return at some point he can clarify his comments

fair enough.. and tbh I don't know him from you so I guess his emotions where probably quite high at the time of posting If hes just been through a rough patch 

• Keeemon 1