The true cost of gambling

Miller26

Hi guys I thought I owed it to a lot of you just to explain why I had a break and why I can not be on here anymore. 

A little over a month ago I did my complete bollocks in which left me completely broke. I know it's not exactly bread line but I basically had about £5  to last me for a week. I ended up in a very dark place and almost lost my job of over 20 years. 

I haven't gambled since and never want to gamble again. Going forward I want to warn and help people with the dangers of gambling in anyway I can. I no longer agree with affiliation / advertising in the gambling industry as I've seen first hand  the damage it has and is causing. 

I wish everyone of you all the best apart from you affiliates/ content makers. 

Ps I'll be around for a few hours 

• Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 5

Guest centipede

Sorry to hear that mate. Many of us here have been pretty much in that exact situation before, I know I have. 

Welcome back, even if it is only for a few hours+

@Miller26 Firstly, it's good to hear from you.

I think it's been obvious to most of us on here that this was coming. It takes a certain event for you to realise yourself and that time has happened.

Fully understand if you don't feel you can be on here anymore.

Maybe you could put your experience to good use somewhere else where you're not surrounded by gambling.

Whatever you decide to do I really do wish you the very best for your gamble free future.

• Keeemon 1

Very sad to hear you've been in such a dark space Miller :(

If you can keep some distance and your blocks in place then overtime you can rebuild your life.

The offer still stands of a drink if you want any help or a chat. If you need any money to get by then let me know on pm.

Keep strong x

3 minutes ago, centipede said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Many of us here have been pretty much in that exact situation before, I know I have. 

Welcome back, even if it is only for a few hours+

I know mate it's just I can't be part of this damaging scene anymore. I've just seen your post as well tut tut ?

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

@Miller26 Firstly, it's good to hear from you.

I think it's been obvious to most of us on here that this was coming. It takes a certain event for you to realise yourself and that time has happened.

Fully understand if you don't feel you can be on here anymore.

Maybe you could put your experience to good use somewhere else where you're not surrounded by gambling.

Whatever you decide to do I really do wish you the very best for your gamble free future.

I'm already doing it mate 

I've packed in smoking ( unbelievable) and started running 

• Keeemon 2

3 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

Very sad to hear you've been in such a dark space Miller ?

If you can keep some distance and your blocks in place then overtime you can rebuild your life.

The offer still stands of a drink if you want any help or a chat. If you need any money to get by then let me know on pm.

Keep strong x

Cheers Cheryl I may take you up on that 

Hello buddy.

I have seen you post a few comments on videos so I knew you were around still, personally I think it would be a shame if you left here completely, as I feel your in a very strong position to help others, and surely that would be a great thing to do.

Obviously the choice is yours and if you do decide to go, I wish you every success in the World in staying Gambling free and having a productive and happy life.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

Just now, adamuk said:

Hello buddy.

I have seen you post a few comments on videos so I knew you were around still, personally I think it would be a shame if you left here completely, as I feel your in a very strong position to help others, and surely that would be a great thing to do.

Obviously the choice is yours and if you do decide to go, I wish you every success in the World in staying Gambling free and having a productive and happy life.

Cheers Adam but I'd be two faced using what is essentially a site funded by affiliation. I know your going away soon so all the best with that champ

• Keeemon 1

Morning, sorry to hear that mate, in a way it’s bitter sweet us problem gamblers need to hit rock bottom before we can start to help ourselves.

Good to see you’ve taken up new hobbies but just a bit of advice while out running it is not ok to Chuck your mud around whilst out I feel Paula Radcliffe set a bad example there, unless your running past a bookies shop and then it’s totally acceptable ?

Did you buy that book ???

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

It's not a hate on you personally hackz or Paul so don't take it that away. And the best to you as well

Maybe when you feel stronger you will return as you have people here who do care and you could offer help to others.

Or you could stay which we would love and you could start your diary in the overcoming problem gambling. Either way you do whats best for you x

Just now, Cheryl T said:

Maybe when you feel stronger you will return as you have people here who do care and you could offer help to others.

Or you could stay which we would love and you could start your diary in the overcoming problem gambling. Either way you do whats best for you x

Like I said I'd be two faced staying but I will miss the great people on here including yourself 

• Ha Haa 1

Given your situation I can completely get where you're coming from. Remember even anti affiliates, anti content creators etc are always welcome here and can be a good for going forward.

You've been here from the start, always on hand to offer advice and empathy, you're a top guy and always do what you feel is right for you mate, all the best!

• Puke! 6
  • Keeemon 2