What a difference a day (or 6 months) make.  

Brilliant story antonin and it will get even better.

About your childhood and your difficulties growing up, I feel for you as I had a troubled one. I actually wished my parents got divorced, My father, well let's not go there. It was only really later on in life that it recommended that I see a psychiatrist. I had no idea how badly my childhood had affected me and made me wish I spoke to someone earlier in my life. 

Guys don't talk about their issues, it's not the manly thing to do, it's only now the mental health is starting to get notice. It's good to talk, and sometimes better to a stranger who is qualified.  I would recommend to anyone who had a troubled childhood to do so, even for a few sessions.

Everything you said was spot on mate about escapism from the real world, gambling does that, but it's running away from the problem rather than facing it. You are now facing it and overcoming it, many men have died  never having overcome it, so well done and keep it up.

You are now working on other areas of your life, with a positive attitude, a beautiful thing to see.

May God bless you

• Puke! 2

I knew it was coming since I left my job last saturday, I'm currently on holiday

At the moment, I'm feeling alone and sad. I'm not perfect, I'm only a human with a gambling addiction

Tonight, I've had a one off, 40 euros gone

I've made a mistake and I knew deep down it's was so stupid afterward

I will always be honest. I will never lie.

I know my triggers. Boredom and loneliness.

Moving on, After 185 days off gambling, I'm back to day 1! 

Edited by Antonin
  • Agree 3
  • Chaching! 2

Dont beat yourself up about it mate, youve done amazing so far and as long as you dont carry on then it was only a minor slip up.

Take the positive from it that you didnt carry on, you didnt go balls deep, you did have the will power to stop and understand your triggers.

Its very easy to slip up when a goal has been achieved but just remember that giving up any addiction is a permanent goal. Youve shown you can smash 6 months so now go for permanently stopping.

Enjoy your holiday.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

Your a lovely person young man, ur just a kid with your whole life in front of you. This is just a minor setback, no big deal. Stand up tall and take a deep breath and start again. We were all here for you for the 185 days and we’re ready to start again.

Enjoy ur holiday, go out and bag urself a young Mademoiselle ?? 

P.s. thank fuck for spellcheck I was  going to say young bird ???

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 3

Guest centipede
7 hours ago, Antonin said:

I knew it was coming since I left my job last saturday, I'm currently on holiday

At the moment, I'm feeling alone and sad. I'm not perfect, I'm only a human with a gambling addiction

Tonight, I've had a one off, 40 euros gone

I've made a mistake and I knew deep down it's was so stupid afterward

I will always be honest. I will never lie.

I know my triggers. Boredom and loneliness.

Moving on, After 185 days off gambling, I'm back to day 1! 

Sorry to read this mate, I know sometimes it just creeps up in you like it did my lapses. 

Get back on the horse mate. We are all behind you!

Minor set back mate. It's what makes us human your not a robot. We all understand that and personally to go 185 days in the first place is a major achievement. If you can do that once you can do it again. You said you weren't going to post everyday anymore when you reached six months. Do you think it would be better to post everyday. We're all behind you as always. Stay strong it could of been worse. It was 40 euros not 400 or 4000. I know that's probably little consolation but one session of 40 euros in 185 for someone with a gambling addiction and bearing in mind first attempt is still remarkable. Well it is in my eyes anyway.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 3

7 hours ago, Antonin said:

Needless to say I'm as determined as before to beat this

Don't have much to say about it but I'm very ashamed

Just seen this mate. Can't say I'm not gutted for you but these things happen 

I know you will be so angry with yourself.

Don't see it as a fail, but as a minor setback. You've proven over the last 6 months you have the strength so move on as you did before.

Whatever you do dont go back to that spiral of misery, you knows it's not a good place to be.

Start again with your thread and we'll continue to support you for as long as it takes

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

I'm just woke up and obviously I didn't slept very well, it was just terrible to be honest

I know that's not a big deal but I couldn't resist once I had made that deposit. The good thing is that I've closed the account straight away after it was gone

I'm trying to be positive today, I'll keep myself busy and it will be fine

Gutted to be back to 1 but here I am

Thanks for the support once again

• Keeemon 4

1 minute ago, Antonin said:

I'm just woke up and obviously I didn't slept very well, it was just terrible to be honest

I know that's not a big deal but I couldn't resist once I had made that deposit. The good thing is that I've closed the account straight away after it was gone

I'm trying to be positive today, I'll keep myself busy and it will be fine

Gutted to be back to 1 but here I am

Thanks for the support once again

It's not even about the money anymore. I know it will be just a feeling of disappointment, but don't be to hard on yourself.

You are battling a terrible addiction and although a minor blip, you are winning.

Enjoy your day and the rest of your holiday

• Keeemon 2

11 hours ago, Antonin said:

Needless to say I'm as determined as before to beat this

Don't have much to say about it but I'm very ashamed

Do not be ashamed.... God has given you mistakes to make so that you can see more clearly the value of money. You have made the mistake , now learn and move forward , regret is backward motion and causes depression --- so be proud you are at day 1 again , and be prepared for more mistakes so that you can do more and be more self aware and resilient to the evil that is around you.    The world  is full of people , make them the currency of your life and you will prosper in all respects . 

NEVEN NEVER NEVER APPLY REGRET --- IT IS POISON !!

Edited by Solario333
  • Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

Don’t let yourself believe it was a minor blip and not a big deal else that will only provide justification to yourself which may lead to you doing it again. Be harsh with yourself, no matter how minor the monetary value a slip is a slip and that’s the lesson that will stop you doing it again. 

As others have said mistakes will happen and you must take each of these as they come but the more respect you show each mistake the less likely you are to keep making them. The most dangerous thing you can do now is to try and justify it to yourself as okay. 

Start fresh from day 1 and smash it back past 185 and onto a even brighter future. I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you. 

• Puke! 2
  • Keeemon 1

Thank you for your advices, your observations, your stories, your love and your commitment

Wonderful to see what words can make to me

I moving forward to not let this happen again, I know I can 

Much love

Antonin

Edited by Antonin
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 3