Groundhog Day - Round & Round In Circles

bradurrrrz

I’m wondering if anyone gambling thinks they’re making the same mistakes again and again and it’s doing their head in. Stuck in a cycle. 

You know fully well that you won’t keep on winning, or you won’t win 9 times out of 10. And you know that all this even when you’re about to gamble all your money. And still you can’t stop yourself. 

The odds are sitting infront of you black and white. You probably won’t win. I’ve been gamble free for a while now, but remember thinking to myself “I’ve been here a dozen times what am I doing!!!” I used to hate myself for repeating the same mistakes. I knew my demons I just couldn’t accept them. 

It took time, but now I know the person I am. My dad asked me once, if I had a choice  “£20k and walk away, or heads or tails for 100k”. 

Im flipping that coin even now. And for me, that’s in your DNA. You either see the best outcome, or the worst outcome. You’re a Gambler or you’re not.

• Keeemon 5

I used to make the same mistake on roulette. After a good slots session, I would find myself losing money chasing a section.

Since e-mailing VideoSlots and asking them to ban all live games on my account with a 30-day cool-off, I have never lost my slot winnings!

Well done on been gambling free for a while. I've attempted to stop many times over the last 30 years myself but I'm currently stopped over 2 months without slots roulette and betting. I know what you mean about the cycle though I'd graft hard as i could in the week so i could gamble all weekend. It's not easy to break the cycle and i wish i could of gambled in moderation and sensibly like many do on this forum but like yourself i couldn't. I was a very much all or nothing person. Good luck for the future and btw a 50/50 toss of a coin for 5 times your money would even get me going lol. 

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Nicola said:

I used to make the same mistake on roulette. After a good slots session, I would find myself losing money chasing a section.

Since e-mailing VideoSlots and asking them to ban all live games on my account with a 30-day cool-off, I have never lost my slot winnings!

You have slot winnings ?. I didn't know people actually won playing slots lol.