Can You beat The Bookies

philinvicta

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

On BBC1  tonight at 10 35  a documentary with Lloyd Griffith  trying to uncover  the secrets of gambling success!   Surprise surprise it does not look like the bookies come across too well in this.

Ill watch that. I tried to beat the bookies for over 30 years and failed miserably.

27 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Ill watch that. I tried to beat the bookies for over 30 years and failed miserably.

Ive seen the programme...... its quite good.  Of course the bookies are shown to be really corrupt and manipulative ...... but then we all know that ..... its sad though that people who have a decent win are blocked ,or have their  account restricted . Thats really wrong !!!

• Keeemon 2

1 minute ago, Solario333 said:

Ive seen the programme...... its quite good.  Of course the bookies are shown to be really corrupt and manipulative ...... but then we all know that ..... its sad though that people who have a decent win are blocked ,or have their  account restricted . Thats really wrong !!!

They are no longer bookmakers but business's who do not welcome winners. All about profits for the shareholders now I'm afraid as you know

• Keeemon 1

Tennis betting can change very quickly so for instance people go to the Australian open and send the info through and guy on the other end of the phone can bet before sites are updated .  I believe they have made moves to stop people doing this and of course bookies will block accounts  but the exchanges just leave to the market to sort itself out.  It would be the same with golf and knowing if someone has a birdie or drops shots   especially as the tv coverage seems to be well behind in some cases.   I noticed recently that the online pga website was updated before the "live" tv coverage  even went to the player about to make his shot.

15 minutes ago, david1111 said:

They are no longer bookmakers but business's who do not welcome winners. All about profits for the shareholders now I'm afraid as you know

Totally agree David, I know you will remember proper bookies, small independent two shop jobs, poor owner nearly having a heart attack when a punters first three on his Yankee all win. But they where run by betting people. Now your just a statistic, a cash machine for the corporation. Good help you if you have the cheek to win a few Bob, suddenly you need more proof than 'Who do you think you are' to get your cash. BAHH HUMBUG!! ( apologizes for the language) 

• Keeemon 2

Just watching this as I recorded it and a lot of it does not make sense . He meets that guy Jordan first call is obviously set up and the second one he gets a call from another professional who tells him to back a horse called Jack Star and there is no horse called Jack Star listed on ATR ?  but it wins at 5/6 Then he goes to the dogs at Crayford and they are betting a few which lose and then they go for the one the "information is on"  Trap 4 and he  has 200 and the pro 700 on  and they are cheering Trap 4 and the race they show only has 5 runners and no Trap 4 amongst them ?  .   Surely a pro punter would not be betting that many dogs on the cards at Crayford.

Also never heard of the Horse that ran in the 3 00 at Redcar they showed called something like Rey Loopey  now that one I did find on ATR and it was beaten a nose on April 8th.   Now he said that he had taken advice and was going to be make smarter choices  on how he was going to bet but he gave  no reason why he picked that horse  other than it had great form at Newcastle . Nearly all its form was at Newcastle and it had run at Redcar once before  a year earlier and was 11th of 15 runners.Nothing shown regards the bet size or even showing of the  betting slip.

He goes to meet Rory at C and N Sporting risk which collects sporting Data  says he makes money but the company has long term liabilities which does not make sense  and also big short term liabilities .  and the company is basically insolvent with negative "reserves" of 191k   at the end of 2018  and it was only set up in 2016 .  

Why is this guy who is a tennis courtsider shaking  so much ?.     Also if he is the courtsider  he would not be placing bets himself.    Also surely it would be asian bookmakers if they are betting points .   and if the accounts are in these "girl students " accounts how do they put money on and get it out with money laundering laws. He also said he lost 20k on those accounts ?  and they did not bat an eyelid.   We all know you can lose what you like it is only when you want it back they take any notice.

I am watching the tennis courtsider bets and it shows the william hill site and then seems to switch to bet365 graphics  and it showed game betting  not point

Not sure how that would work because in Snooker Cricket etc you can only bet the next frame or over  and I think in tennis it is the next game.

Also they are talking about letting someone else bet on an account .  He says that he has handed over control of his account to the football guy who said the account was closed   after  the second bet  and then says that in future it would be restricted  in bet size .

With the massive help of professional  football bettor and the tennis courtsider  he is  up  .   He is leaving football betting til the last minute after the bookies will have adjusted prices once they have got same information he is using to decide whether to have a bet.    All the football lose  once he goes big including the two from the football guy .   Then he admits the 7500 betting stake comes from the BBC  and is not his own money   which shows how fake everything was.

• Keeemon 2

@philinvicta I watched it last night. 

It was quite hard to keep track of what they were doing and i was totally lost on the courtsiding thing whatever that was.

Im sure i saw trap 4 in that race, didnt it come second. Could be wrong though!

Not the best documentary in the world, but im looking forward to the Ross Kemp one on itv. Not certain when its on, next couple of weeks i think.

• Keeemon 1

@philinvicta Agreed! For me it was terrible!

I was kind of enjoying it especially hearing about the courtsiding but then became clear there was no point to the title or the programme as it was staged! Even if by some super small chance those final bets were actually real and they had won, would the bbc show you can win 15k from gambling and as the title says beat the bookies?! His little speech in the car at the end, what would of he had said if he won instead?!

• Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

@philinvicta Agreed! For me it was terrible!

I was kind of enjoying it especially hearing about the courtsiding but then became clear there was no point to the title or the programme as it was staged! Even if by some super small chance those final bets were actually real and they had won, would the bbc show you can win 15k from gambling and as the title says beat the bookies?! His little speech in the car at the end, what would of he had said if he won instead?!

You can just imagine it cant you. He doubles his money showing how it can be done which encourages gambling and bbc get sued.

BBC not the best channel for this type of documentary 

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

You can just imagine it cant you. He doubles his money showing how it can be done which encourages gambling and bbc get sued.

BBC not the best channel for this type of documentary 

I think the BBC should give one of the TGC crew ( I suggest Miller ?) 7500  and we could show them how to gamble it ?    I mean what sort of gambler has over 9k of the BBCs money  which he is able to lose as "expenses"  and does not use it all up when it is the last day 

• Love 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

I think the BBC should give one of the TGC crew ( I suggest Miller ?) 7500  and we could show them how to gamble it ?    I mean what sort of gambler has over 9k of the BBCs money  which he is able to lose as "expenses"  and does not use it all up when it is the last day 

Miller would be priceless, comedy gold

25 minutes ago, david1111 said:

@philinvicta I watched it last night. 

It was quite hard to keep track of what they were doing and i was totally lost on the courtsiding thing whatever that was.

Im sure i saw trap 4 in that race, didnt it come second. Could be wrong though!

Not the best documentary in the world, but im looking forward to the Ross Kemp one on itv. Not certain when its on, next couple of weeks i think.

I would imagine that the Ross Kemp one  it least have people punting like they do everyday and so be more real.   

I watched the race again Trap 6 was  second and no sign of a 4 dog until they went over the line and a 4 dog was in last place .Only thing was it was a fawn coloured dog  that left the boxes and a dark  brindle that went over the line ?

Also the guy saying every click is  a tenner on the horse and then says he had 550 on it  after about 15 clicks lol.   Also what sort of site have you ever used where you keep pushing mouse pad  to make the bet increase.  Also why would he ask the other guy what to put on it if he is a pro punter as the other guy would not neccesaerily know his bet sizing  ,   also pros bet in points or percentages of bankroll  as far as I know   and yet he says have a monkey   to which he says I have had a monkey and 50   for luck ! 

11 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I would imagine that the Ross Kemp one  it least have people punting like they do everyday and so be more real.   

I watched the race again Trap 6 was  second and no sign of a 4 dog until they went over the line and a 4 dog was in last place .Only thing was it was a fawn coloured dog  that left the boxes and a dark  brindle that went over the line ?

Also the guy saying every click is  a tenner on the horse and then says he had 550 on it  after about 15 clicks lol.   Also what sort of site have you ever used where you keep pushing mouse pad  to make the bet increase.  Also why would he ask the other guy what to put on it if he is a pro punter as the other guy would not neccesaerily know his bet sizing  ,   also pros bet in points or percentages of bankroll  as far as I know   and yet he says have a monkey   to which he says I have had a monkey and 50   for luck ! 

They didnt come across as pro punters at all. More like a bunch of chancers.

Like you said that guy who did the courtsiding thing looked like he was ready for his next fix.

I was only interested in courtsiding if Sharapova was playing

Edited by david1111

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

They didnt come across as pro punters at all. More like a bunch of chancers.

Like you said that guy who did the courtsiding thing looked like he was ready for his next fix.

I was only interested in courtsiding if Sharapova was playing

Did a bit when Gabriela Sabbatini was playing

42 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

The Gambler with Johnathon Rendall series channel 4 did back in 2001 was a million times better!

Yes this was a great series. Bit of a random one but I watched this a few years ago and was sad to find out he had since died. The amazing coincidence for me was that the address he was found and last lived was litererally a 10 minute walk away from where I was when I was googling about it. Couldnt believe it!

I've tried to beat them probably most of my life and in my opinion the high street bookmakers are all scum, anything remotely above the mug punter is simply not desired or welcomed and let me explain why.

I always try and visit my local Ladbrokes because from all the many shops in the town i have always found the staff in Ladbrokes really decent and I even have a few friends who work for Ladbrokes that i became friends with, good people who enjoy a laugh etc.

Now going back a few years I kept getting offered a Grid card but my mind works different to most and from day 1 i was offered the grid card i turned it down for this one reason, a grid card starts to record data, anyway a good few weeks ago 1 of the staff kept banging on about the grid card and I said Yes ok give me one, she does her thing and the card is in my hand within seconds, even when i get home i have email from Ladbrokes with all their good wishes and all the usual bollocks i have no time for, and if anyone cares to read the grid card small print ''ALL BETS ARE CAPPED at £200 for BOG, it was once £2000 in store then £1000 then down to £500 and now it's £200 

Sure this year I've lost many times and had my fingers burnt a few times but I'm nearly 50 and so i know the risks and will always do my own thing, but I've also had some really good wins and over the last few weeks have gradually upped things YIPP sometimes in chase mode but again when I've gone in heavy it's from many hours of my own research and the odd bit of good info from someone else.

My online account with Ladbrokes was verified a long time ago but i still prefer doing large bets in a shop, I'm old school and prefer having that slip in my hand that i can either fling n the bin or hand over in exchange for my cash, So since I've had the grid card I've pushed the boundaries a few times with the odd staff member by placing the odd large bet by getting them to put through the same horse lets say three times so i can still get the BOG with the grid card, this staff member is also leaving and I always repay the the favor, the way i see it is I'm just attempting to play the system - Example - 3 separate bets of £200 but all on the same horse, should the price drift I'm good and I'm also guessing No problem if the horse loses BUT CARDS leave DATA! and over the last few weeks some wins have been getting noticed and the other staff members I've hinted about doing this have just said No, I understand that and don't want to see anyone get fired.

Anyway i do a few online bets Yesterday and day before as well as the same horses in the Shop but not massive stake but still tasty and tonight I got restricted.

I'll still visit the shop but I think as of today I'll stop using the grid card and just take my chances with the odds, or split my stake in half and have one bet on with the price and one at SP

It's a cat and mouse game but one thing is certain ......................You won't incur a single problem IF YOU ARE LOSING!

Hope everyone is doing well and this is just a pit-stop visit so take care 

Cheers

Lads Lads.PNG