CENTIPEDE'S NFL LUCKY DIP COMP

42 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

did you say @Markymark the 49'ers looked good?....they were shite last season.  3 weeks tomorrow season starts......  keeeeeeeeemon!

betting will be tricky early doors tho, with no form. You know how i love my stats, gonna have to base it all on history and keep it small.

They have got some good young players, only problem with 49ers is there injury list still seems to be as bad as ever and are lacking covering numbers. Still I think they will be far better this season, they looked good in parts against the Cowboy's, but need to brush up on silly handing errors. Maybe pushing for wild card this year and if the young players keep improving, the next few years could be good for them. 

58 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

did you say @Markymark the 49'ers looked good?....they were shite last season.  3 weeks tomorrow season starts......  keeeeeeeeemon!

betting will be tricky early doors tho, with no form. You know how i love my stats, gonna have to base it all on history and keep it small.

Not a lot of players move teams, so you can sort of just carry on from last season, teams don't really come from nowhere (it does happen) generally, I look at teams that where nearly there last season, see who they've brought in to improve them. Expect to see the same teams challenging for the big prize again, with maybe one or two others sneaking into contention.  

6 minutes ago, Douvan said:

I don’t think they’ve looked good since Kap was there. They have film on Jimmy G now so we’ll see how he gets on. 

Totally agree, but I do think they have the makings of a good team, they won't be anywhere near the Superbowl this year, but maybe in 2/3 years. It would be good to see them back challenging, got a soft spot for the 49ers.

Just now, Markymark said:

Totally agree, but I do think they have the makings of a good team, they won't be anywhere near the Superbowl this year, but maybe in 2/3 years. It would be good to see them back challenging, got a soft spot for the 49ers.

Yeah, they’ve got the makings of one. I still find it odd that Kaepernick can’t get work. 

7 minutes ago, Douvan said:

Yeah, they’ve got the makings of one. I still find it odd that Kaepernick can’t get work. 

Politics mate, which is sad. I did read a bit on ESPN website that there maybe some news in the next week regarding him. Don't know if you or anyone else has heard anything?

Edited by Markymark

Just now, Markymark said:

Politics mate, which is sad. I did read a bit on ESPN website that there maybe some news in the next week regarding him.

He deserves a crack. I know he put workout videos lately and I know his court case is still pending for the blocking by the owners. What happened to him is absolute irony. America prides itself on free speech and he exercised his 5th amendment rights and it cost him millions and his job. 

1 minute ago, Douvan said:

He deserves a crack. I know he put workout videos lately and I know his court case is still pending for the blocking by the owners. What happened to him is absolute irony. America prides itself on free speech and he exercised his 5th amendment rights and it cost him millions and his job. 

He did get a settlement from NFL, think that was just about his existing contract ( am not 100% on this). But agree, seems to me if your not a wealthy white bloke your expected to shut the fuck up ?

17 minutes ago, Markymark said:

He did get a settlement from NFL, think that was just about his existing contract ( am not 100% on this). But agree, seems to me if your not a wealthy white bloke your expected to shut the fuck up ?

Or basically if you’re not Robert Kraft ...

• Keeemon 1

Guest centipede

the problem with Kaepernick, as well as other sports stars, is they are paid to win football games. As soon as you start making political statements and the media is all over your teams business then its a problem imo.

Hes a good player, but if I was a owner of a team I wouldnt sign him because of the circus that comes with him. He bought that on himself, and is a reaction of his own actions. Yes you have the right of free speech, but at the same time others have a right to take what you are saying into account when deciding whether or not to buy you into their team.

This isnt a race thing, if a half decent white QB did the same thing I wouldnt sign him because all the shit surrounding it affecting the team. Especially if they can be replaced easily.

Even as employees like we all are, we are all told that our actions outside of work matter to the company's name, and to not bring the company into disrepute or we get reprimanded

4 minutes ago, centipede said:

the problem with Kaepernick, as well as other sports stars, is they are paid to win football games. As soon as you start making political statements and the media is all over your teams business then its a problem imo.

Hes a good player, but if I was a owner of a team I wouldnt sign him because of the circus that comes with him. He bought that on himself, and is a reaction of his own actions. Yes you have the right of free speech, but at the same time others have a right to take what you are saying into account when deciding whether or not to buy you into their team.

This isnt a race thing, if a half decent white QB did the same thing I wouldnt sign him because all the shit surrounding it affecting the team. Especially if they can be replaced easily.

Even as employees like we all are, we are all told that our actions outside of work matter to the company's name, and to not bring the company into disrepute or we get reprimanded

Agree up to a point, but as am not a young black American, think you have to see the world through there eyes to totally understand what it's all about. But agree with you that your workplace is not a place to make political statements. Then again, am a white male. 

Guest centipede
9 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Agree up to a point, but as am not a young black American, think you have to see the world through there eyes to totally understand what it's all about. But agree with you that your workplace is not a place to make political statements. Then again, am a white male. 

I said its not a race issue for me.

so lets imagine Andy Dalton made a huge political statement and had the media following his every move and had people arguing around him about what hes done. 

now lets say he got released from his team, and you had a choice of signing him, or Marcus Mariota who is a decent QB that doesnt attract all this attention and just gets on with the job of playing football with the team, who would you choose?

I know id sign Mariota every day of the week. Its not about looking at it through Daltons eyes, thats irrelevant to my team and winning football matches.I want whats best for my team

Edited by centipede

13 minutes ago, centipede said:

I said its not a race issue for me.

so lets imagine Andy Dalton made a huge political statement and had the media following his every move and had people arguing around him about what hes done. 

now lets say he got released from his team, and you had a choice of signing him, or Marcus Mariota who is a decent QB that doesnt attract all this attention and just gets on with the job of playing football with the team, who would you choose?

I know id sign Mariota every day of the week. Its not about looking at it through Daltons eyes, thats irrelevant to my team and winning football matches.I want whats best for my team

Politics not really my thing, hopefully he can get a team and we can all move on to the more important things. Like it's only 3ish weeks till we're back in business. Go Bills!!! More realistic Go Saints!! Wheeeeyyyy

Guest centipede
1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Politics not really my thing, hopefully he can get a team and we can all move on to the more important things. Like it's only 3ish weeks till we're back in business. Go Bills!!! More realistic Go Saints!! Wheeeeyyyy

I hate politics, id have them all out if i had my way lol.

As a Steelers fan, I dunno whats going on in Antonio Browns head right now, such a good player had issues all last year for the Steelers, and is causing a bit of a stir in Oakland now too. Id hate to see him flush his career down the pan

Edited by centipede

16 minutes ago, centipede said:

I hate politics, id have them all out if i had my way lol.

As a Steelers fan, I dunno whats going on in Antonio Browns head right now, such a good player but sat out all last year for the Steelers, and is causing a bit of a stir in Oakland now too. Id hate to see him flush his career down the pan

Yeah, it's a strange one. Steelers receivers coach Darryl Drake died on Sunday, so sad. Haven't really looked into the Steelers to much, no one online is really taking about them as one's to watch.

Edited by Markymark

• 2 weeks later...