Cricket The Ashes

philinvicta

This game could still go either way but whatever happens this is a total embarrassment to English test cricket. No disrespect to Ireland but we should be winning this game comfortably but it's taken nearly a century from our night watchman of all people to even give England half a chance tomorrow.

• Keeemon 1

Especially when number 11 is top scorer...that is embarrassing. Its only 2 players short of the first choice 11 too. Oh dear! ? this could go horribly wrong this summer.

Even if England scrape a win by bowling well, it won't cover up, not the cracks but the chasms in their batting. 2 collapses in 2 days against ireland ?

2 hours ago, Lighty45 said:

2 wickets down. 

I just find test cricket so boring, 5 days and can end in a lousy draw. Much prefer 1 day or T20 but being the Ashes I will have it on in the background

It can end in a draw, but usually down to weather. You don't get many draws these days if they play the full 5 days. Times have moved on with smaller grounds and bigger bats teams are scoring quicker

Get Smith Out we got a squeak... don't fancy our batting to score 200 at the moment....and then im being generous. Cook bailed at the wrong time.

and were a man down in the game its our number 11 too, our top batsman at the moment...... Is that trouble I smell? Nope, crisis averted, its coffee.....

3 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Get Smith Out we got a squeak... don't fancy our batting to score 200 at the moment....and then im being generous. Cook bailed at the wrong time.

and were a man down in the game its our number 11 too, our top batsman at the moment...... Is that trouble I smell? Nope, crisis averted, its coffee.....

I think we need to get Smith as cheaply as possible in every innings.   He is the man who will stay for ever once he is in.  Also with Anderson  it is crazy that he only bowled 4 overs and broke down  and now puts pressure on the other bowlers if Australia get a longer Innings going

17 minutes ago, Denman said:

The Umpires seem to be having a bit of a 'mare today. ?

Normally the review system shows how good the umpires are but today they have been wrong a few times but the decisions were a bit marginal but that last "not out" was as plumb as you get

7 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I think we need to get Smith as cheaply as possible in every innings.   He is the man who will stay for ever once he is in.  Also with Anderson  it is crazy that he only bowled 4 overs and broke down  and now puts pressure on the other bowlers if Australia get a longer Innings going

playing Anderson was an obvious error, and that their tests to prove fitness are not good enough. Archer not fit either, but we got lots of bowling talent at the mo, just no batsmen.

Woakes is bowling so well. Shame the weather is kicking in. Hope it just gives them time for tea and a bit of a rest for Woakes and Broad and then can get back out there finishing them off and give us an hour or so to bat.

3 hours ago, Kev40 said:

I'm quite happy to leave Smith there stranded 50 not out and bowl them out for 150. This game could be over in 3 days one way or another.

I don't know about getting Australia out for 150 they are struggling to get Smith out for less than 150

41 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I don't know about getting Australia out for 150 they are struggling to get Smith out for less than 150

Well that turned out to be some prediction. You weren't far away with what you thought. 

2 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Well that turned out to be some prediction. You weren't far away with what you thought. 

England really needed a tail bowler like Gough   today   and the only man would be Archer with his pace hopefully he will be available shortly.   They said today he playing a second XI match next week which will delightful for the opposition 

• Keeemon 1

13 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

England really needed a tail bowler like Gough   today   and the only man would be Archer with his pace hopefully he will be available shortly.   They said today he playing a second XI match next week which will delightful for the opposition 

Them last 2 wickets are going to make so much difference now. We're going to need 350 minimum now. I can't see us chasing 250 on the fourth day or fifth day never mind 200. 

• Keeemon 1