Wsop Main Event controversy

green2711

So has anyone else  been following the main event? 

If you have you'd have seen the controversy from this hand

Basically the fella asks for a count and the dealer miscounts saying its 17 mil when there's actually 22 mil he calls and put the extra in and when he sees that he's crushed by pocket Queens he kicks up a stink and gets the floor manager involved.  Personally, had he said something when he put 17 mil in when told that's its 22 mil then I'd feel sorry for him but to wait and then complain after calling it off makes me have no sympathy for him. 

I did laugh when the floor manager hit him with that needle "if you called 17m you'd call 22m" I'd be fuming if he said that to me ?? also he decided to turn into John Cena for a second when he tells him he's not gonna talk his way out of it. 

This is what it's all about ?

What do you guys/gals think? 

• Keeemon 2

Guest centipede

i dont think they should have turned the cards over after the error was revealed.

after he knew he was up against it, of course hes going to moan about the extra 5 mill.

if the guys with QQ had turned over 99 he wouldnt be moaning about the extra 5 mill then.

right call for me to have to call the 22 mill.

however, if the cards werent revealed, then i think theres some case for discussing it and potentially making it a call of 17 mill? not sure really though. 

Edited by centipede

He was calling the 17 million. The dealer massively fucked up I feel sorry for him if I'm honest. But does he still kick off if he wins the hand???? Very controversial in my opinion there's two sides of the argument. Such a big tourney fuck ups like that should not happen but unfortunately it does. ???

• Keeemon 2

Guest centipede
2 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

17 million wtf and I thought the bandit and rolls had big balls 

in chips, not cash mate

Guest centipede

I know Jack Effel comes across as a bit harsh there, but in these situations of no-one really knowing what to do, having someone come over and be so matter of fact actually helps the situation.

if he had come over and started questioning what to do, and discussing it loads there wouldstill be a lot of doubt as to what the right procedure should be.

instead he came over and stated a WSOP rule and said what exactly was going to happen and thats it. 

31 minutes ago, centipede said:

I know Jack Effel comes across as a bit harsh there, but in these situations of no-one really knowing what to do, having someone come over and be so matter of fact actually helps the situation.

if he had come over and started questioning what to do, and discussing it loads there wouldstill be a lot of doubt as to what the right procedure should be.

instead he came over and stated a WSOP rule and said what exactly was going to happen and thats it. 

Spot on 

This is the only problem i find with live poker there can be certain situations that can cause controversy. The guy was trying it on but I've had scenarios of people pushing chips about a millimetre and practically whispering all in. I was done on checking it down which i didn't even know what it meant at the time and seen players back track after throwing hands away only to hit runner runner after an all in on the flop.

• Keeemon 2

2 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

This is the only problem i find with live poker there can be certain situations that can cause controversy. The guy was trying it on but I've had scenarios of people pushing chips about a millimetre and practically whispering all in. I was done on checking it down which i didn't even know what it meant at the time and seen players back track after throwing hands away only to hit runner runner after an all in on the flop.

I didn’t know it was that shady Kev to be honest. The lengths folk will go to 

Just now, Miller26 said:

I didn’t know it was that shady Kev to be honest. The lengths folk will go to 

Yes mate you have to have your wits about you which is not easy after several pints at 11pm on a sat night. 

• Keeemon 1

Just now, Kev40 said:

Yes mate you have to have your wits about you which is not easy after several pints at 11pm on a sat night. 

I used to play 21 for quite a lot of money at a mates house and caught his old man cheating us all . It proper kicked off with my mate fighting with his old man on the lawn ?. It was years ago mind and I used to hate taking money off friends so I packed it in 

3 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I used to play 21 for quite a lot of money at a mates house and caught his old man cheating us all . It proper kicked off with my mate fighting with his old man on the lawn ?. It was years ago mind and I used to hate taking money off friends so I packed it in 

Were all mates that's why i tend not to get involved in the cash games but as the tournament is only a tenner it's just a bit of fun. Only seen one fight in 18 months. 2 eastern Europeans. I couldn't understand a word they were saying lol. I hate cheats in any sport. If you can't win fair and square then you shouldn't play at all.

• Keeemon 2

People make mistakes, you should always count the chips even if you ask dealer to do it since we are all people that make mistakes but the floor saying that thing is wrong on so many levels since those 5millions could easy make a huge difference between fold and call but what can he really do in that spot most of the floors would probably count that as a call anyways. He will learn to always count chips in the future I guess but everyone in his situation would be mad as fuck im sure. ?

Edited by crazyrightmeow
  • Keeemon 1