Sign in to follow this  
howfin

Boredom

Recommended Posts

Since I quit slots last year after my big merkur wins, Ive found myself being really bored during the day. I know its proper degen if the things filling your days were gambling but what do people do to try stay away? Anyone any personal experience with this? I have my son and i still do a bit of horse racing bets here and there so my days are never dull just during school times after the terror is dropped off it can be especially hard. Ive done the whole gym thing, actually went from 105kg to 70kg in the last 6 months so fairly happy with that. Looking for new ideas and shit to pass the time!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, howfin said:

Since I quit slots last year after my big merkur wins, Ive found myself being really bored during the day. I know its proper degen if the things filling your days were gambling but what do people do to try stay away? Anyone any personal experience with this? I have my son and i still do a bit of horse racing bets here and there so my days are never dull just during school times after the terror is dropped off it can be especially hard. Ive done the whole gym thing, actually went from 105kg to 70kg in the last 6 months so fairly happy with that. Looking for new ideas and shit to pass the time!

Like me, it just goes to show how much time was spent on gambling

Anything you do away from gambling is obviously better.

Im bored an awful lot of the time, but refrained from gambling. I was a lot of TV which is not ideal, but its something.

If you have the motivation there is plenty of things you can do, such as join a club in something that interests you, volunteer which would be very rewarding.

Im sure a lot of people will have a lot more suggestions

  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

105kg to 70kg bloody hell that's one hell of an achievement. For me this isn't an easy question to answer. I stopped 32 days ago but I'm busy almost all day everyday. I'm up to see to the dog. Take her out. Leave for work 10.30am and home 8.30pm ish. Have tea and spend time with the missus and that's my day. My advice is to maybe find a new hobby walking reading fishing golfing anything to fill your day up. DIY if need be. Just anything to keep you busy.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got into my films for a while, was watching 2/3 a day at one point. and a lot of older ones I re-watched. passes a couple of hours each time.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not but i went to a painting club a few nights ago in Glasgow's Southside (near me). Not that i have any painting/drawing skills at all, was just something to do. Didnt expect so many people to be there and a pub filled with flange cant complain. Might look out for more stuff like that, actually was a decent night, apart from being torn to bits for my shite painting at the end:sad:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, howfin said:

Believe it or not but i went to a painting club a few nights ago in Glasgow's Southside (near me). Not that i have any painting/drawing skills at all, was just something to do. Didnt expect so many people to be there and a pub filled with flange cant complain. Might look out for more stuff like that, actually was a decent night, apart from being torn to bits for my shite painting at the end:sad:

Just had a thought actually. You could work on the new show we discussed, Howfin After Dark. 

Sadly no John McCririck for your first guest, but audience will still be full of doggers courtesy of @Kinkerbells as apparently she is chief dogger in her neck of the woods.

Everyone will be thinking what the fuck is he talking about 😂

 

  • Haha 1
  • Angel 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Just had a thought actually. You could work on the new show we discussed, Howfin After Dark. 

Sadly no John McCririck for your first guest, but audience will still be full of doggers courtesy of @Kinkerbells as apparently she is chief dogger in her neck of the woods.

Everyone will be thinking what the fuck is he talking about 😂

 

Someone really needs to do some videos on horse racing... no one does it.. prolly due to not being ableto show live video... but even for the banter it'd be great. Dunno if that guy is me but certainly thinking about it😂 Nearly backed a horse in the 1425 today called Dogged😂 Kinks as a special guest though... fuck sake youd be banned the same night you went live 😅

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

105kg to 70kg bloody hell that's one hell of an achievement. For me this isn't an easy question to answer. I stopped 32 days ago but I'm busy almost all day everyday. I'm up to see to the dog. Take her out. Leave for work 10.30am and home 8.30pm ish. Have tea and spend time with the missus and that's my day. My advice is to maybe find a new hobby walking reading fishing golfing anything to fill your day up. DIY if need be. Just anything to keep you busy.

Ive been thinking about fishing as i used to go with my dad as a waine. Loved it but no one ever wanted to do it so lost interest. Nothing beats a wee ledger out on the water and a few cans. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, howfin said:

Someone really needs to do some videos on horse racing... no one does it.. prolly due to not being ableto show live video... but even for the banter it'd be great. Dunno if that guy is me but certainly thinking about it😂 Nearly backed a horse in the 1425 today called Dogged😂 Kinks as a special guest though... fuck sake youd be banned the same night you went live 😅

It's your show mate. You have to control your guests. @Bangers would be up for the horse racing thing I'm sure

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, centipede said:

I got into my films for a while, was watching 2/3 a day at one point. and a lot of older ones I re-watched. passes a couple of hours each time.

 

Aye films/streams/tv shows kept me going so far but feels like ive watched everything at this point. Might give shaving ryans privates a watch the night though😂

  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, howfin said:

Since I quit slots last year after my big merkur wins, Ive found myself being really bored during the day. I know its proper degen if the things filling your days were gambling but what do people do to try stay away? Anyone any personal experience with this? I have my son and i still do a bit of horse racing bets here and there so my days are never dull just during school times after the terror is dropped off it can be especially hard. Ive done the whole gym thing, actually went from 105kg to 70kg in the last 6 months so fairly happy with that. Looking for new ideas and shit to pass the time!

Find yourself some TV to binge mate. GoT, Chernobyl, Band of Brothers. All quality. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mate, how about taking up baking in the afternoons? 

sooooo many recipes out there for different things, and can actually be very rewarding when things turn out well. 

its not something I would do as i was a chef for many years and want to leave it all behind me, but even when i bake a cake with my 4 year old nephews and niece for the day its great, and rewarding seeing them all enjoy the cake afterwards.

doesnt have to be cake though, could plan meals for tea and take your time doing them well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

It's your show mate. You have to control your guests. @Bangers would be up for the horse racing thing I'm sure

I might give it a go, prolly not streaming but maybe some videos. Only got a laptop at the moment though so not sure how well it would perform for videos but i guess the shittier the quality the better. @Bangers isnt trustworthy... took his daughter for dinner in Glasgow instead of coming tae the pub for a mashup😅 Wouldve done the same of course but hell prolly expect royalties for his time.. maybe a pot noodle and a half bucky might convince him

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Douvan said:

Find yourself some TV to binge mate. GoT, Chernobyl, Band of Brothers. All quality. 

I need something new to binge on. Started on Spooks recently as never seen it, pretty immersed at the moment and 5 seasons to go 👍 Band on brothers deffo wrote down though for after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

I'm only a phone call away sweet pea. And I can talk for England. I'm also very bored and lonely. Nothing else I'm not being anything but a friend. I promise I won't breathe heavy down the phone all start painting 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭. No honestly hand in heart. I'm here if you ever get lonely. As a friend. Xx 

Just wait till you see your phone bill after

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, howfin said:

I need something new to binge on. Started on Spooks recently as never seen it, pretty immersed at the moment and 5 seasons to go 👍 Band on brothers deffo wrote down though for after that.

Go on the currently watching thread. Loads of quality shows on there

  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, centipede said:

mate, how about taking up baking in the afternoons? 

sooooo many recipes out there for different things, and can actually be very rewarding when things turn out well. 

its not something I would do as i was a chef for many years and want to leave it all behind me, but even when i bake a cake with my 4 year old nephews and niece for the day its great, and rewarding seeing them all enjoy the cake afterwards.

doesnt have to be cake though, could plan meals for tea and take your time doing them well

I used to make a fucking supreme shortbread as a waine so youve given me an idea there. My maw has a cookbook from like fucking 800 BC or some shit, might tax that fae her and try some shit out, see how the test of time and age has performed😅

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

I'm only a phone call away sweet pea. And I can talk for England. I'm also very bored and lonely. Nothing else I'm not being anything but a friend. I promise I won't breathe heavy down the phone all start painting 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭. No honestly hand in heart. I'm here if you ever get lonely. As a friend. Xx 

Always can rely on @Kinkerbells thanks petal :hearts:

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, howfin said:

I used to make a fucking supreme shortbread as a waine so youve given me an idea there. My maw has a cookbook from like fucking 800 BC or some shit, might tax that fae her and try some shit out, see how the test of time and age has performed😅

the old ones are the classics. I think my mum bought me up on Mary Berry recipes!

Can pick up some good cook books in charity shops for a quid or so, all the tops chefs etc.

can burn a few hours and there is always that reward at the end!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blampy said:

Go bingo 

Rofl... am 32 fuck sakenot 82😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, centipede said:

the old ones are the classics. I think my mum bought me up on Mary Berry recipes!

Can pick up some good cook books in charity shops for a quid or so, all the tops chefs etc.

can burn a few hours and there is always that reward at the end!

Actually started making my own food a while ago when going to the gym hardcore to lose weight. Might pull a Hypa and do some cooking videos for healthy living

  • Like 2
  • Get In There! 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, howfin said:

Actually started making my own food a while ago when going to the gym hardcore to lose weight. Might pull a Hypa and do some cooking videos for healthy living

Porn reveiwer for hustle weekly

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Porn reveiwer for hustle weekly

Sign me up😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this