Fold AA before the bubble

thewweEDGEHAD

Just couldn't bring myself to do it. Only scenario i had was a satellite to a $215 tournament where top 25 qualified. 26 left in and sat in about 9th place with about 2 mil. Chips didn't carry through to the main event and the chip leader went all in every hand. He had a massive stack of about 15mil. I was dealt a pair of aces and folded. There was benefit to play them no matter what he had.

• Keeemon 2

12 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Just couldn't bring myself to do it. Only scenario i had was a satellite to a $215 tournament where top 25 qualified. 26 left in and sat in about 9th place with about 2 mil. Chips didn't carry through to the main event and the chip leader went all in every hand. He had a massive stack of about 15mil. I was dealt a pair of aces and folded. There was benefit to play them no matter what he had.

In that situation your right your comfortable enough and there is no need to jeopardise you qualifying. 

If you are on Pokerstars then YES fold AA if you are near the bubble.

Anywhere else its a good bet.  After all you are a strong favourite to win the hand.  

My experience includes AA KK  being out flopped or runner runner flush many times over 15 years ..... 

• Love 1
  • Keeemon 2

34 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

okey im with you haha

Just now, Brownman24 said:

Might aswell just out right ask the question can AA be outflopped

Out flopped  merely means that the player with AA does not improve on the flop and others wth lesser pairs or potential straights?Flushes do improve...... so 88 can become 888 on the flop , or 910 suited can be a flush or a straight .....

• Keeemon 1

15 minutes ago, thewweEDGEHAD said:

The question is do you risk your tournament life so close to the money against three players

Truthfully if you trust the online software to deliver the odds then YES ..... because you will have a decent chance at the final table if you go all in .....  

and equally NO if you have bad experiences like I have done .....

Just now, Solario333 said:

Truthfully if you trust the online software to deliver the odds then YES ..... because you will have a decent chance at the final table if you go all in .....  

SOOOO Riverstars FOLD hahah

• Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Exactly ......dont risk it .....I have lost 25 times with AA or KK pre flop allin on the bubble before I got wise and binned all hands ak etc until after the bubble.

It all depends on your situation at the time if your 1 of the shirt stacks are you going to fold then? I doubt it

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

If you trust the online software to deliver the odds is the key statement you may have best chance to win the hand but you are maybe only a one in three chance to actually hold up

• Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, thewweEDGEHAD said:

Do you throw away the best hand in poker when three players go all in front of you and you are covered by one of the three?

Also it depends on the tournament if it is a satellite then yes unless you are a short stack and need chips to survive until it is over.   If it is a tournament as people say it can give you a nice stack to attack and get to the final table.    Otherwise if the chips you win will make not a lot of difference then getting to the bottom of the prize ladder is worth more than maybe improving your chance of getting  to just above the bottom.   Usually the biggest increase in prizemoney is from zero to bottom prize until you get to near the end of a tournament.  If it a bounty tournament that can affect your decision as well

• Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, Solario333 said:

If you are on Pokerstars then YES fold AA if you are near the bubble.

Anywhere else its a good bet.  After all you are a strong favourite to win the hand.  

My experience includes AA KK  being out flopped or runner runner flush many times over 15 years ..... 

1 hour ago, thewweEDGEHAD said:

The question is do you risk your tournament life so close to the money against three players

Definitely mate, you need to play the hand on its merit wither first hand or last, you've got this far by playing that way. 

• Keeemon 1