Tackling Gambling Problems

philinvicta

I see from this report the NHS is to start tackling gambling addiction and is opening its first clinic for problem children gamblers.   Story from Racing Post website.    Head of NHS calling for bookmakers to make larger contributions to help out problem gamblers

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/nhs-to-open-first-clinic-for-children-with-gambling-problems/387255

• Keeemon 2

Yeah i heard about this today 13 to 25 year olds i think. Completely agree with David can only be a good thing. The only thing that worries me though is if the bookies punish your average punter by either reducing rtp on slots online the same as the likes of video slots have done on play and go games to compensate for the increase in corporation tax or reducing odds by half a point. Question is where will they find this extra revenue. Will it be the punter who pays or the bookmaker themselves.

I think they are entirely missing the point here. Like its gone completely over their heads. Even more so as its been so prevalent in the news in the last few years. Kids are not being introduced to gambling via those more "traditional" methods. They are being introduced to gambling via "loot box" systems in popular computer games. Yet they somehow still manage to turn it onto the bookmakers? Those days of kids being in the bookies are long since gone, they all seem fairly strict on it nowadays. I have seen lots of people ID'ed on their premises.

4 minutes ago, Denman said:

I think they are entirely missing the point here. Like its gone completely over their heads. Even more so as its been so prevalent in the news in the last few years. Kids are not being introduced to gambling via those more "traditional" methods. They are being introduced to gambling via "loot box" systems in popular computer games. Yet they somehow still manage to turn it onto the bookmakers? Those days of kids being in the bookies are long since gone, they all seem fairly strict on it nowadays. I have seen lots of people ID'ed on their premises.

You've got a point and as kev says it will be the punter who end up paying in the long run. 

Bookmakers will probably be made to pay more but you can guarantee they will find a way to recover it