Royal Ascot 2109

spursman

Just starting to go through cards now, gonna be a long night, Charlie Appleby 50% strike rate last 8 races and 37% on the season, that is some going, will scrutinise his horses very carefully, The doyler had a treble tonight I was on two of them, with recent events with Murphy and the failing of the breathe test, might do Doyle to be top jock. Usual crap with Coolmore ma this is some event.

2:30 Ascot Queen Ann

The Lockinge run at Newbury had 3 of the top 4 in the betting. Runners in the Lockinge usually run well in this race and the standout for me is LE BRIVIDO

Having just watched the race, Laurens look to be travelling best but did not find much, Mustashry was being ridden and eventually won and Le Briv, ran no race until the last 2 furlongs. 

My fancy was drawn 14/14 and for a horse that like a bit of cover found it very hard, he was last with 3f to go, then had his path crossed by 2 horses, he really went in the last two and ended up a 4 length 5th.

He has won at Ascot  (Jersey stakes) before when French trained, and is now in the hands of Aiden who has won this race three times. In the jersey stakes he was drawn down the middle, the second, third, fourth and fifth were all drawn on the stands side, so that was a very good run. Here he is drawn where the pace will be, in particular Laurens who should make the running, and hopefully when Moore presses the button, he gets the job done.