Snooker

Sgt_bilk0

36 on a big table... reds wide open too, gutted to miscue. Used to go once a week with my housemates to the snooker club in Ilford, essex ( @Brownman24 may have played there?) I would usually get a 20 something every other frame, its as good as i got after playing 20 times. hated playing with the rest. But good at doing 2,3 ball plants.

• Keeemon 4

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

What has been everyones highest break?

I cant remember exactly, but mine was 40ish i think

However, it was on a diddy table and one of the rubber cushions came off so everything on that side always went in.

Im still counting it though!

Mmm high David. Had 3 very high breaks and hundreds of 60's and 70's. 

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 3

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

That's a good standard. 

I took it up to play professionally when i was 12 travelling all over. Lessons matches tournaments the lot. I fell out of love with the game though and starting playing pool and golf instead as well as going out with your mates as you do. My practice mate became a pro and never succeeded anyway and i didn't. If I'm honest i always preferred golf to snooker.

4 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

I took it up to play professionally when i was 12 travelling all over. Lessons matches tournaments the lot. I fell out of love with the game though and starting playing pool and golf instead as well as going out with your mates as you do. My practice mate became a pro and never succeeded anyway and i didn't. If I'm honest i always preferred golf to snooker.

Did you play off scratch

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

What has been everyones highest break?

I cant remember exactly, but mine was 40ish i think

However, it was on a diddy table and one of the rubber cushions came off so everything on that side always went in.

Im still counting it though!

5 centuries during my teens highest being 127.

• Thanks 1
  • Good Luck! 2
  • Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

I got down to -7 at my peak. Mainly played at Willie Thornes club in Leicester. Won my first one playing off +70. Looking back that was like Frankel running in a claimer!

+70!! they wouldnt stand a chance.

As far as being a professional sportsman i think golf is the one.

never an option for me as was shite, darts was my game

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

6 mate but couldn't play to it. Should of been off 8. I shot 74 for 64 par 72 off whites and they chopped me to 6.4. I'm probably about 12 now though. I don't play enough.

Probably one of the most frustration games to play, but fantastic when you play well 

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Probably one of the most frustration games to play, but fantastic when you play well 

It is the most frustrating sport in my opinion but give me a long straight drive over a long pot at snooker anyday. Do you play?

Just now, Kev40 said:

6 mate but couldn't play to it. Should of been off 8. I shot 74 for 64 par 72 off whites and they chopped me to 6.4. I'm probably about 12 now though. I don't play enough.

You gotta practice with golf without doubt....a lot! I played 3 times a week for a year and got to 14 and stopped playing when I changed jobs. I have played twice this year, which is about my average these days. I got free golf membership here too...... Like most sports, the more you play the better you get.

Impressed by the standard of snooker players on here....see what their knowledge is like when i do the winter sports comp......

• Keeemon 1

15 minutes ago, david1111 said:

+70!! they wouldnt stand a chance.

As far as being a professional sportsman i think golf is the one.

never an option for me as was shite, darts was my game

Think I was 11 or 12 and had made probably a 50 break, but was improving quite quickly. Won 5 East Midland Open handicaps in my time. But had no chance once I got under 14. Won a couple of opens aswell. Beating the likes of Tom Ford in one of them.

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

You gotta practice with golf without doubt....a lot! I played 3 times a week for a year and got to 14 and stopped playing when I changed jobs. I have played twice this year, which is about my average these days. I got free golf membership here too...... Like most sports, the more you play the better you get.

Impressed by the standard of snooker players on here....see what their knowledge is like when i do the winter sports comp......

It's the short game that suffers mate as you know.

6 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Think I was 11 or 12 and had made probably a 50 break, but was improving quite quickly. Won 5 East Midland Open handicaps in my time. But had no chance once I got under 14. Won a couple of opens aswell. Beating the likes of Tom Ford in one of them.

That's an excellent standard. Much higher than i ever was. I remember knocking in a 46 when i was 13 gutted i didn't make 50.

12 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Meh only East Midlands? I here West was Best  :Mutley:...... good stuff @therealwintersoldier at 12, you must have been tall for your age.