Magnificent 7 Summer Sports Competition

Crunchie

WELCOME EVERYONE!.....the MAGNIFICENT 7  OF SUMMER SPORTS it is. 

The scoring has a slight bias towards the big 3 events of the summer. Wimbledon, Tour de France and The Open as they are the main events,  plus, they are also the hardest to predict so slightly more points could potentially be won.

Jokester will again keep score, but I urge everyone to jot down their own as I don't want no comebacks on her at the end. It's not fair, as it is a very difficult job to keep on top of everything. Mistakes could be made. I will post the results after each event as before, so you know who has scored what.

Again, I may tweak one or two things closer to the event. But I would like to think I have given those with less knowledge on some sports a chance to do well with some guessing games thrown in.

Please no posting 5 event predictions at a time, just those coming up. All I need for now, is a simple I'm in or variant of, so Jokester has plenty of time to wield her magic upon her spreadsheets. First event starts Monday July 1st and ends on Sunday 28th July.

Winner will win a prize on Paul's big wheel

THE EVENTS

1. 1st July to 14th July -   Tennis - WIMBLEDON

Pick 1 player to win the Mens Singles   (WIN 25pnts, RU 15pnts, SF  10pnts)

Pick 1 player to win the Womens Singles                       "

BONUS:-  Guess the number of games each winner loses in the entire Championship

(closest and ties 15 pnts, 2nd 10pnts and 3rd 5pnts)

So I need one number for the mens AND one for the women

2. 6th July - 28th July - Cycling - TOUR DE FRANCE

I will produce 2 groups of riders to help everyone. One group of 'climbers' and one group of 'sprinters'. You must simply chose 1 from each category PLUS any other one from either group of your choice.

Points awarded for every stage - Win 5pnts  2nd 3pnts  3rd 2pnts and 4th  1pnt

Bonus -  Overall Winner (Yellow Jersey)  1st 30 pnts  2nd 20pnts  3rd  15 pnts  4th 10 pnts  5th 5 pnts  6th 5 pnts

Top Sprinter  (Green Jersey) 15 pnts  2nd 10 pnts  3rd 5 pnts

Other jerseys (polka dot & white)  5 points for the winner 

3. 7th July   -    Football  -  WOMEN' S WORLD CUP FINAL

Name the Winner  -  20 pnts

Guess the exact scoreline after 90 mins  -  20 pnts 

If you guess the correct result, but not exact score 10 pnts. ie if its 2-2 and you guessed 1-1 thats 10pnts

Guess the time of the first goal.  Closest (and ties) 20 pnts, 2nd 15 pnts, 3rd 10 pnts 4th 5 pnts 

For this you will be allowed to guess anytime up to 120 mins, and also the word PENALTIES is allowed.

4. 14th July  - Cricket  - WORLD CUP FINAL

I will post a list of the probable teams close to the match day

Pick the winner  -  20 pnts

Name of top batsman  -  20 pnts  (most runs scored)  2nd 10 pnts 3rd 5 pnts

Name of top bowler  -  20 pnts  (most wickets taken, if equal, lowest runs conceded in taking them) points as above

Bonus :- Total number of runs in the game  <300/ 301-400/ 401-500/ 501-600/ 601-700/ > 701  -  10 points

5. 18th July to 21st July - GOLF -  OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Pick any 3 golfers  -  players and prices will be displayed for our info only

Points for 1st to 8th  (40/30/20/15/10/5/5/5pnts)

Bonus -  If your golfer is placed you get bonus points 

if <14/1  no bonus,  15/1 - 25/1  5 pnts, 26/1 - 50/1  10pnts,  51/1 - 100/1 15 pnts,  101/1+  20 pnts

Hole in One or Albatross -  10 pnts

6. 20th JULY - BOXING

Dillian Whyte  VS  Oscar Rivas  (Heavyweight)

M. Pacquiao  VS   K. Thurman (Welterweight)

Winner  -   Winning Round 1-2/  3-4/ 5-6/ 7-8/ 9-10/ 11-12/ Pnts    -  Method KO/TKO/DQ

Winner 20 pnts,  Winning Round 10 pnts and Method 5 pnts  (guess method even if you pick points just in case your wrong)

7. 20th July - 28th July  - Darts - WORLD MATCHPLAY

I will produce 4 groups of players. pick one from each group.

ALL your 4 players will score points on the following basis:

Appearing in final 10 pnts

100+ average in a match  -  5 pnts

170 finish  -  5 pnts

9 dart finish - 15 ponis

Bonus - Guess the number of legs lost by the eventual winner. If there are 30 playing the winner gets 30 points, all the way down to the furthest away getting 1. THIS HAIR BRAINED IDEA MAY CHANGE THO.  

I will present more details closer to the events obvs, complete with any tweaks. Any ideas for changes are welcome. Cheers that took ages. GAME ON!

• Good Luck! 2
  • Keeemon 2

• Crunchie pinned and featured this topic
6 minutes ago, Denman said:

Surprised you don't have conkers or that mad shit where they chase the cheese down the hill in.

I've been to that ages ago as its done not far from me in Gloucester. Anyway there is nothing obscure there..... women's footy maybe, but it is The World Cup Final and I didn't want the girls throwing the sexist card at me.

1. Mens: Roger Federer (4)
     Women Serena Williams (3)

2.  Nairo Quintana (Climber)
      Peter Sagan
      Elia Viviani

3. USA / 3-0 / 22nd Minute

4. England / Roy / Archer / 703

5. Woods / Rahm / Garcia

6. Oscar Rivas 5-6th Round KO
     Pacquiao  - Points

7.  Van Gerwen, Lewis, Bunting, Wright