Time to stop

Kev40

3 hours ago, Kev40 said:

It was 6 months ago to the day the last time i played a bandit had a bet or played online. Just reading back this thread wow i can't believe I've done this for 6 months. I had gambled pretty much all my life and i knew no different. There is no way on this earth i could of done this without everyone on here so thank you especially @david1111 and @Antonin

Amazing mate!!  :fudgey:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Great News you have made 6 months @Kev40.   Hope you feel a lot better nowadays for managing to stay away

A million times better thanks mate. I don't even seem to get urges anymore it's a bit weird. I thought I'd never say that ever. 

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, Kev40 said:

A million times better thanks mate. I don't even seem to get urges anymore it's a bit weird. I thought I'd never say that ever. 

Now, we don't need to test the water to see if we're cured because we'll never be

We need to keep vigilant and don't get complacent

We're working on it a day at a time ?

• Puke! 1

How hard it s to not gamble is testament to your will power and perseverance . The next stage is to make your life full again. Full of people who share your joys and aspirations,  your moments of fear and anxiety , friends who are there for you , to enjoy what life really has to offer.  In this area money is a vehicle for pleasure and happiness , as money wasted in the past becomes money well spent on leisure and relaxation, fun and sport.  

6 Months is an incredible milestone ....and we look forward to the next 6 months as you share your journey with us all here on TGC. 

Well Done @Kev40 a great new beginning .... now begin to look forward to a brighter future.

Edited by Solario333
  • Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 2

On 08/12/2019 at 23:31, Kev40 said:

Brilliant achievement Kev ?

I don't know where to start here i went out Saturday got extremely drunk and for no apparent reason i lapsed. Like a man possessed at 1am i took my daily limit of £700 out the bank went in the arcade playing 3 machines at once. I risked ruining xmas for my family. I let myself down and i have let everyone down on here. Yesterday felt like one of the worst days in my life with the feeling of been ashamed and guilty. I can only apologise to everyone on here. I don't know why i did it i have no answers. The worst thing i said only days ago was it doesn't even bother me anymore. What a hypocrite i am. I was cocky and thought i had beaten my addiction. I have realised it will never leave me. I've let everyone down on the forum as well as family and friends who have supported me. I don't ever want to feel like i did yesterday again. Today is day 1 again. I thought it was right to say what happened as i cannot lie.

• Puke! 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

I don't know where to start here i went out Saturday got extremely drunk and for no apparent reason i lapsed. Like a man possessed at 1am i took my daily limit of £700 out the bank went in the arcade playing 3 machines at once. I risked ruining xmas for my family. I let myself down and i have let everyone down on here. Yesterday felt like one of the worst days in my life with the feeling of been ashamed and guilty. I can only apologise to everyone on here. I don't know why i did it i have no answers. The worst thing i said only days ago was it doesn't even bother me anymore. What a hypocrite i am. I was cocky and thought i had beaten my addiction. I have realised it will never leave me. I've let everyone down on the forum as well as family and friends who have supported me. I don't ever want to feel like i did yesterday again. Today is day 1 again. I thought it was right to say what happened as i cannot lie.

You made positive steps by admitting it mate. You didn’t let anyone here down. As someone who is also GamStopped I can tell you how proud I am of you. My hardest day is yet to come (Boxing Day). 

Day 1 is here again, let’s try to make it the last day 1 brother. 

• Puke! 2
  • Keeemon 2

10 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

stay strong @Kev40   as you say    day 1 and off you go again.   So sorry that you lapsed   but you have shown that you can stay away.    

You know we are all behind you   

• Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 2

@Kev40 I'm sorry mate. I know how you must be feeling.

Unfortunately addiction is a lifetime battle and complacency is the greatest enemy.

It's happened, there's nothing you can do about it so you have to start again. @Antonin did it and has remained gamble free since.

Honesty is the best thing so respect for that. We understand and your real friends will understand.

Were here for the long haul mate with you through thick and thin

• Puke! 4
  • Keeemon 1

It happens to the best of us ? just think, we've all been there. Next time you want to go into an arcade or gamble, take a step back to come online and post here with your thoughts. Hopefully, one of us can talk you out of going by helping you remember the feeling you had after your relapse. 

Hope you're ok x

Edited by Winningbird
  • Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

@Kev40 I'm sorry mate. I know how you must be feeling.

Unfortunately addiction is a lifetime battle and complacency is the greatest enemy.

It's happened, there's nothing you can do about it so you have to start again. @Antonin did it and has remained gamble free since.

Honesty is the best thing so respect for that. We understand and your real friends will understand.

Were here for the long haul mate with you through thick and thin

Thanks mate. I would never want anyone to have that feeling i had yesterday and i don't want it again ever. Would you even believe i actually won about £350 and it made no difference. I didn't feel like shit cos i lost.

Everyone has an off day ......mistakes clarify our perspective so we really know now how hard it is to stop addiction . Your lapse only amplifies how wonderful and resolute you were for 6 months ,and proves that you have what it takes . 

Never be afraid of falling down , just let t go , and above all never regret anything or demean yourself.  We don't expect perfection here just good old fashioned Truth will do very well.

SO YOU PASS WITH FLYNG COLOURS --- NEVER LOOK BACK IN ANGER -- JUST GRATITUDE SO THAT TOMORROW IS FULL OF HOPE.

Edited by Solario333
  • Puke! 2
  • Keeemon 1