Sign in to follow this  
Del

Is this a good strategy for Omaha P/L?

So I’m in Barcalona for 888.com event and get knocked out of the main on Friday. Decided to play a pot limit Ohama on Saturday and enjoying that much more ( hold em so serious, no crack). We drinking having a laugh but I notice this guy always calling a raise when it was obvious raiser had AA in their hand. He also calling with junk but getting paid big, took player out with jacks and fours. So it became obvious he is calling machine, his strategy seemed to be to hit 2 pair against an over pair. I bide my time and get it all in with him with my 3 queens on flop to his 2 pair of kings and 5s, he sucks out on river with a 5 lol and goes on to final table while I skulk off to bar. Heading is a bit of sarcasm btw this was more like bingo than poker but was fun for a change .

• Like 1

Aces tend to vastly overrated in Omaha especially by people who have just moved from holdem. For them to be any use you need them to have straight and flush possibilities.   The thing to remember about Omaha is that you have 6 possible starting hands compared to one in holdem  and the bit some people get confused over is the must use two from your hand .    A lot of high variance players love Omaha for the very reason it often has so many possible outcomes that you are nearly always priced in to call .   I have not played much but used to have the odd hand and one guy I used to play with refused to lay down any hand before the flop.

• Like 3

I gave up omaha when I realised I was looking at the cards as if I was playing holdem ...so the transition although obvious sometimes causes silly mistakes .....