Biggest shock in boxing history??

spursman

joshua has been over hyped so i can understand how to some it would seem that way , AJ has shown he can be hurt in multiple fights , and if you look down the history books of big fights this is just a matter of the favorite having a bad night and getting beat , if it did not happen last night it was always going to happen at some point , the sky/matchroom media machine made him out to be a super power and its easy to get sucked into the hype , sometimes you just need to watch a bit more closely and make a more realistic opinion instead of sticking them into the heights of superman .

biggest shock ever ? not even close in my opinion .

• Ha Haa 1
  • Keeemon 2

I didn't expect that. In hindsight a lot of us will say we saw it coming eventually. Biggest shock ever? Shades summed it up well. No it isn't as although the division has warmed up of late yhays likely more down to the personalities of the boxers than the quality they provide. 

• Keeemon 1

Here’s my take on it . How many heavyweights have actually gone undefeated in there whole careers ? . He got caught and never fully recovered but fair play to Ruiz he won fair and square . As for the other two top heavyweights, it just shows there class in there responses , one in wilder is gloating like fuck the other in fury has showed true class and commiserated with Joshua in his statement. Fury has gone up a notch in my eyes as it’s very easy to kick someone when they are down . 

There is a rematch clause but these things are never that straight forward. I imagine they will have to pay ruiz a fair bit more than what’s in that rematch clause to get it over here . 

As for the big fights , it’s makes them more distant but in a weird way more possible because wilder and fury will now probably fancy there chances . 

Last but not least from a betting point point of view I think it was almost impossible to back Ruiz and the same for joshua at those odds so I don’t think the bookies would of cleaned us out .

STAY HUMBLE 

Edited by Miller26
  • Keeemon 2

I don't like Joshua never have. I would have bet against him but fell asleep haha.  Not because I expected him to lose but because I don't like him. 

Wilder when get beat by fury when they meet again so I hope joshua will give wilder the same sort of response. 

I don't think ive either stayed awake or been sober enough to watch any of these fights over the years. I've paid for at least 3 i can remember even having my mates round after been out on the piss and still falling asleep or not remembering. ?

• Love 2

33 minutes ago, h0tsh0t87 said:

I just seen the knock downs they were pathetic not to mention joshua seemed to have a poor attitude 

I couldn't disagree more. His post match interview was pure class. I'm struggling to keep my man crush in check ;-)

5 minutes ago, PieGamble said:

I couldn't disagree more. His post match interview was pure class. I'm struggling to keep my man crush in check ?

I'm talking about in the fight he seemed to feel sorry for himself, and have that I shouldn't be losing to this guy type of attitude. 

Plus those knockdown were just awful 

He can forget the big stage if he can't beat what looks like the Mexican butter bean, no excuses for this defeat and the prospect of him fighting Wilder or Fury is laughable. Another fighter we have overhyped along with Bruno and Audley Harrison.

Seems a nice lad. The many endorsements he has will make sure he will never starve, that's for sure.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, h0tsh0t87 said:

I'm talking about in the fight he seemed to feel sorry for himself, and have that I shouldn't be losing to this guy type of attitude. 

Plus those knockdown were just awful 

I think he was reckless in his attack which was unnecessary. If you look at the other two times he was stung in the ring (klitchow + white) he was also on the up and got sloppy.

But at heavyweight there is always the chance of getting hurt from one punch which is why we love it.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Blacko said:

He can forget the big stage if he can't beat what looks like the Mexican butter bean, no excuses for this defeat and the prospect of him fighting Wilder or Fury is laughable. Another fighter we have overhyped along with Bruno and Audley Harrison.

Seems a nice lad. The many endorsements he has will make sure he will never starve, that's for sure.

You talk like wilder and fury are amazing and have never been hurt in there lives . Fury git knocked down by a guy called Steve Cunningham who was at best a cruiserweight and wilder has only ever fought bums apart from an old man ortiz , who nearly knocked him out and fury who dominated him for 11 rounds . Joshua will be back . STAY HUMBLE 

I think media and people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of he's an overhyped fighter! Think there's only been 1 undefeated heavyweight in the world so 1 defeat means nothing in the division, especially with the current calibre of fighters in it, Ruiz has only lost once in 34 fights and that was a split decision.

Joshua knocked him down and went in to finish and got hit by a Ruiz hayemaker and never really recovered from it. Hopefully they have a rematch as there isn't one in the contract clause 

• Keeemon 1

I am pretty sure there is a clause for a rematch Paul,  hearn made sure of that.  

I agree he has been overhyped and is hearns golden goose a few have rocked him before and I think we are seeing why he and wilder may not fight. 

People saying not surprised here, wonder how many backed ruiz then,? Or laid josh at 1/50

Personally I think the nice guy image is all a bit fake, playing the game but whatever. 

• Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, spursman said:

I am pretty sure there is a clause for a rematch Paul,  hearn made sure of that.  

I agree he has been overhyped and is hearns golden goose a few have rocked him before and I think we are seeing why he and wilder may not fight. 

People saying not surprised here, wonder how many backed ruiz then,? Or laid josh at 1/50

Personally I think the nice guy image is all a bit fake, playing the game but whatever. 

Thats what I would expect but just heard Joshua say there wasn't 

5 hours ago, 1pstaker said:

5 hours ago, Shades111 said:

joshua has been over hyped so i can understand how to some it would seem that way , AJ has shown he can be hurt in multiple fights , and if you look down the history books of big fights this is just a matter of the favorite having a bad night and getting beat , if it did not happen last night it was always going to happen at some point , the sky/matchroom media machine made him out to be a super power and its easy to get sucked into the hype , sometimes you just need to watch a bit more closely and make a more realistic opinion instead of sticking them into the heights of superman .

biggest shock ever ? not even close in my opinion .

Hearn Said in the interview afterwards that there will be a fight before the year is out. 

• Keeemon 1

Scrappy boxing match, the exchanges made between the 2 after the first knockdown were embarrassing, I think the commentators mentioned Joshua had been ill for the past 10 days which might answer a few questions, but fair play to Ruiz he did what he said he’d do and become the 1st Mexican heavyweight champion and that lad will be treated like a king there.

• Keeemon 2

I have been saying for 18 months Joshua is overrated and I get laughed at. He simply put can not take a punch, China chin. Don't get me wrong he has been marketed very well, made to look like the golden boy of boxing, clean cut image, still lives with mummy etc. And fair play to him he's made a fortune out of it, but put him in against a powerful heavyweight and he struggles. White caught him and rocked him. Since then he's stayed away from big punchers.

To say Fury showed real class in his tweet you need to see the interview with Fury before the fight where he was telling Joshua to get his bollocks out of Hearns mouth and get a new promoter. Not really a classy comment. By all accounts Wilder is fighting Fury later this year. Again looks like being a belter of a fight. I stand by the draw in the first bout. It's easy to get caught up in the emotions of a fight but if you watch it back 6-8 rounds could have gone either way, and being they usually side with the Champion didn't shock me. 

Fury/Wilder Vs AJ........ I can not see that fight for at least another 18 months. All 3 are signed to different TV networks and those networks will want to rearm very last penny they can before a huge clash. The fighters won't argue as they will make millions fighting bums. For me Wilder is the best of them, just his sheer power is scary, yeah he may say some bad stuff, but this is boxing and bad mouthing puts bums on the seats.

Im positive I heard Hearn say there was a rematch clause with the fight being Nov/Dec at Wembley. One thing I would say is so not think it's an easy win for AJ, Ruiz knows he can hurt AJ and I have no doubt he will be very confident.

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, Lighty45 said:

I have been saying for 18 months Joshua is overrated and I get laughed at. He simply put can not take a punch, China chin. Don't get me wrong he has been marketed very well, made to look like the golden boy of boxing, clean cut image, still lives with mummy etc. And fair play to him he's made a fortune out of it, but put him in against a powerful heavyweight and he struggles. White caught him and rocked him. Since then he's stayed away from big punchers.

To say Fury showed real class in his tweet you need to see the interview with Fury before the fight where he was telling Joshua to get his bollocks out of Hearns mouth and get a new promoter. Not really a classy comment. By all accounts Wilder is fighting Fury later this year. Again looks like being a belter of a fight. I stand by the draw in the first bout. It's easy to get caught up in the emotions of a fight but if you watch it back 6-8 rounds could have gone either way, and being they usually side with the Champion didn't shock me. 

Fury/Wilder Vs AJ........ I can not see that fight for at least another 18 months. All 3 are signed to different TV networks and those networks will want to rearm very last penny they can before a huge clash. The fighters won't argue as they will make millions fighting bums. For me Wilder is the best of them, just his sheer power is scary, yeah he may say some bad stuff, but this is boxing and bad mouthing puts bums on the seats.

Im positive I heard Hearn say there was a rematch clause with the fight being Nov/Dec at Wembley. One thing I would say is so not think it's an easy win for AJ, Ruiz knows he can hurt AJ and I have no doubt he will be very confident.

I also have said joshua is over rated on this forum and no one believed me. 

Fury is a gentleman. Yes he runs his mouth to draw up attention and build up hype around fights but when people are down or needing some support he will often be the one to reach out. 

Fury v wilder a draw are u kidding me on. Fury won that fight and wilder knows it as well any other country in the world and fury wins it. 

Imagine that was someone with wilder punching power he was fighting last night he would have got seriouly hurt 

• Keeemon 1