Kev40

A hand to make you scream arrrgh.

Yes i know we've all had them. Some worse than others but this one... well i just had to laugh cos if i didn't i would of cried.

The scene is jokerstars as usual. Cash game £20 buy in. After watching a very aggressive player and bluffer ( thought it was paul for a minute 😁) for a few hands i decide to join the table. First hand 10 6 suited. Mr. bully as i will call him raises as expected. Me thinking it's first hand i will call just to see. For the record i would hardly ever ever call 10 6. Anyway flop is 10 6 6. I think got him. He ain't going to back down. He bets i raise and bang he goes all in. Obviously i call.Well you guessed it he's sat with pocket tens. The only decision i had to make after that was do i throw my phone out the window or do i stay calm lol. I stayed calm. Oh how i love online poker NOT. 

• Puke 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

Yes i know we've all had them. Some worse than others but this one... well i just had to laugh cos if i didn't i would of cried.

The scene is jokerstars as usual. Cash game £20 buy in. After watching a very aggressive player and bluffer ( thought it was paul for a minute 😁) for a few hands i decide to join the table. First hand 10 6 suited. Mr. bully as i will call him raises as expected. Me thinking it's first hand i will call just to see. For the record i would hardly ever ever call 10 6. Anyway flop is 10 6 6. I think got him. He ain't going to back down. He bets i raise and bang he goes all in. Obviously i call.Well you guessed it he's sat with pocket tens. The only decision i had to make after that was do i throw my phone out the window or do i stay calm lol. I stayed calm. Oh how i love online poker NOT. 

Sick mate, the odds on that flop would be crazy!! 

keep-calm-carry-on-union-i13701.jpg

• Like 1

Ouch a full house over full house on the flop doesnt happen too often. Thats poker though. I once lost a hand in an online tourney with quads vs a straight flush. 

• Shocked 1
  • Puke 1

7 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

Ouch a full house over full house on the flop doesnt happen too often. Thats poker though. I once lost a hand in an online tourney with quads vs a straight flush. 

I've lost a full house to straight flush before.  Never quads though. That sounds painful. 😢😤😩

Posted (edited)

🤢🤢🤢

Screenshot_20190517-212110.png

Edited by Kinkerbells
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kev40 said:

As bad as it was from your point of view it could have been a lot worse  if you had bought in for a lot more   I am sure you would have bet 2000  if you had it in front of you.

• Like 2

This si why I don't play at Pokerstars  anymore.  Hands are engineered and not true to the odds of the game. End of story. 

I  can absolutely guarantee that pokerstars will be shut down in a couple of years.

• Like 2
  • Face Palm! 1

I once lost with a straight flush on jokerstars. Thank God I was playing limit at the time

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I once lost with a straight flush on jokerstars. Thank God I was playing limit at the time

Exactly my point. How many times and how much money is wasted by players believing the hype. Pokerstars is the largest poker site and is unashamedly raping and pillaging 90% of the players so that the richest 10% make a decent profit and can continue to keep the money rolling in.....  I have spent tens of thousands  on Pokerstars over the years and closed my account this year ,and am really glad I did.  I love poker, but it must be fair, and true to the real odds , not computer engineering .

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 4

Just now, Solario333 said:

Exactly my point. How many times and how much money is wasted by players believing the hype. Pokerstars is the largest poker site and is unashamedly raping and pillaging 90% of the players so that the richest 10% make a decent profit and can continue to keep the money rolling in.....  I have spent tens of thousands  on Pokerstars over the years and closed my account this year ,and am really glad I did.  I love poker, but it must be fair, and true the the real odds , not computer engineering .

Indeed. It must be fair. If a gambler thinks he or she is being conned or ripped off then there is a problem

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Indeed. It must be fair. If a gambler thinks he or she is being conned or ripped off then there is a problem

and yet this company is based in a British jurisdiction , on the Isle of man. Shame on them .  When the truth comes out people will be appalled at the greed of Amaya.

I just find it amazing how so many hands are made up for both players time and time again. Higher stacks win all ins in tournaments so the tournament finishes faster. Plus you must see an ace on the flop what feels like at least 50% of the time. I've found over the last year if I'm 60% fav i win about 40% of those hands.

• Like 1

Brutal ,  I closed my stars account a few years ago , it was just getting to painful grinding for hours in a mtt and knowing you were going to get fudged over at some point ,, i played on just about every site going but i never shut an account because i thought things were a bit to fishy , but stars after 10 years of play and giving it the benefit of doubt , variance never got close to balancing out  .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Solario333 said:

Exactly my point. How many times and how much money is wasted by players believing the hype. Pokerstars is the largest poker site and is unashamedly raping and pillaging 90% of the players so that the richest 10% make a decent profit and can continue to keep the money rolling in.....  I have spent tens of thousands  on Pokerstars over the years and closed my account this year ,and am really glad I did.  I love poker, but it must be fair, and true to the real odds , not computer engineering .

Its because that 10% as you are saying put their whole life around poker, study the game and grind every day all day and not because its rigged or set-up or anything like that. I was profitable tournament player on Poker stars from 2009 - 2016 (cca. 15k tournaments) before they stopped providing their service to Slovenian market. What makes me special then if you think its not fair? I am just some random guy from little country of Slovenia. It was all about putting my whole life in and all I did was playing poker for all those years 12hours+ a day 12-15 tables at once and study the game via coaching videos,articles, reviewing my hand history and discussing the hands I didnt understand with other players on 2+2forum etc. and I had a coach for a year almost.
And this is how much you have to be invested in if you want to crush online poker because its not 2000s anymore where everyone sucked at online poker and if you played ABC poker you was printing money.
Bad beats are happening constantly and you have to get used to them and they are part of the game, they happen every day if you play a lot, I had quite few bad runs when I couldnt make a profit for 1000-2000 tournaments(or on cash games over 100k hands) but I managed to get thru those bad runs with grinding and not tilting and thats the only thing you can do. Also a lot of time players forgot how many times they coolered or sucked out on someone else, Its easier to remember all the bad things that happened to you. Anyways, instead of focusing on bad beats you have to focus on your game and try to get better at it in any way possible and grind, grind, grind.

And all those setups and coolers people are mentioning in comments happen in live poker also, you just dont see them as much there if you dont play every day because you cant play as much hands there but they happen, I was suckouted  many times and managed to suckout many guys too including the craziest where I cracked guys top set of jacks with AJ board was Jxx and we went allin on that flop since there was a flushdraw and turn and river both came an Ace... just imagine how low are chances to that but it still happen.

I recommend this book, its old but its what made me understand and get over many things in poker and life.
1554092656?v=1

Edited by crazyrightmeow
  • Like 2

I stand by my words. 

Here is a statement made by the CEO of Pokerstars about this subject:

On May 23, 2009, PokerStars finally admitted what had been suspected by most players of online poker sites for some time: The hands played out on the site are not random, but are instead rigged to create the most dramatic wins and bigger pots. PokerStars officers stated they see nothing wrong with this policy, claiming that they are a "business, and like any business, we need to make a profit."

Legitimate, random poker does not offer the sort of action, in enough quantity, to constantly create the large pots and correspondingly larger rakes that online poker sites need to turn a profit. In the press release issued by PokerStars, the operating officers stated:

"Anyone who plays poker regularly knows that a high percentage of hands are folded, just aren't played. We can't operate a site that simply has a bunch of people sitting at a table folding all the time. We need to make money. So hands are engineered to create large amounts of betting, where we can collect a high rake. If we didn't do this, we wouldn't be able to operate at a profit."

Examples of these "engineered" hands are a much higher than normally probable percentage of hands which are won on the "river", or last card; higher than statistically probable instances of two or more people in the hand both having what looks to be the best hand, and subsequently betting big against each other; never giving someone the second-best possible hand without someone else having the best possible hand; etc. PokerStars also rewards highly aggressive betting, and will make sure that anyone playing aggressively, no matter with what cards, will catch the cards they need to win. According to the statement released by PokerStars: "We have a program that handles all of this."

When questioned as to why they are releasing this now, PokerStars responded, "It's been obvious from the start to anyone who plays for any length of time on the site. We've frankly gotten tired of having to defend it."

I REST MY CASE.......

•  
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Face Palm! 1

7 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

I stand by my words. 

On May 23, 2009, PokerStars finally admitted what had been suspected by most players of online poker sites for some time: The hands played out on the site are not random, but are instead rigged to create the most dramatic wins and bigger pots. PokerStars officers stated they see nothing wrong with this policy, claiming that they are a "business, and like any business, we need to make a profit."

Legitimate, random poker does not offer the sort of action, in enough quantity, to constantly create the large pots and correspondingly larger rakes that online poker sites need to turn a profit. In the press release issued by PokerStars, the operating officers stated:

"Anyone who plays poker regularly knows that a high percentage of hands are folded, just aren't played. We can't operate a site that simply has a bunch of people sitting at a table folding all the time. We need to make money. So hands are engineered to create large amounts of betting, where we can collect a high rake. If we didn't do this, we wouldn't be able to operate at a profit."

Examples of these "engineered" hands are a much higher than normally probable percentage of hands which are won on the "river", or last card; higher than statistically probable instances of two or more people in the hand both having what looks to be the best hand, and subsequently betting big against each other; never giving someone the second-best possible hand without someone else having the best possible hand; etc. PokerStars also rewards highly aggressive betting, and will make sure that anyone playing aggressively, no matter with what cards, will catch the cards they need to win. According to the statement released by PokerStars: "We have a program that handles all of this."

When questioned as to why they are releasing this now, PokerStars responded, "It's been obvious from the start to anyone who plays for any length of time on the site. We've frankly gotten tired of having to defend it."

I REST MY CASE.......

•  

And people still play there. Unbelievable! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

I stand by my words. 

I REST MY CASE.......

•  

Was this not taken down from Wikipedia as it was false? 

I'm sure it was put there by a disgruntled player as its not there anymore and furthermore anyone can add anything to Wikipedia, I could make an article up now claiming the owner of Pokerstars admitted molesting a chicken, it wouldn't make it true!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrUKHackz said:

Was this not taken down from Wikipedia as it was false? 

I'm sure it was put there by a disgruntled player as its not there anymore and furthermore anyone can add anything to Wikipedia, I could make an article up now claiming the owner of Pokerstars admitted molesting a chicken, it wouldn't make it true!

I WOULD LOVE IT NOT TO BE THE CASE AND SO I COULD PLAY AGIN TRUSTING POKERSTARS  BUT THE EVIDENCE IS THERE EVERY MOMENT OF THE DAY !!!

• Face Palm! 1

Just now, Solario333 said:

I WOULD LOVE IT NOT TO BE THE CASE AND SO I COULD PLAY AGIN TRUSTING POKERSTARS  BUT THE EVIDENCE IS THERE EVERY MOMENT OF THE DAY !!!

I'm just saying it's a made up article and even though I'm not a fan of stars myself I'm also not a fan of fake news! Here's a real explanation of the RNG and how it uses actual hardware with lasers and mirrors as a computer alone could never be truly random, I'll put it below for your perusal.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MrUKHackz said:

I'm just saying it's a made up article and even though I'm not a fan of stars myself I'm also not a fan of fake news! Here's a real explanation of the RNG and how it uses actual hardware with lasers and mirrors as a computer alone could never be truly random, I'll put it below for your perusal.

Thank you @MrUKHackz I will look at it. But of course the shuffle is irrelevant f there is other software that can produce a result form the billions of variables in the nanosecond that engineer the result.

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

No  actually it was from another site. though of course one cannot ever verify what is and what its not true on the internet.  Although the statement may have been later refuted by Pokerstars , it does not mean t was not true , or not issued by an officer of the company. 

I principally go on my own experience and that tells me that Poserstars do rig the game. I have plenty of hand history to prove it. When I play on unibet the hand history is totally different ....I wonder why ??

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 3
  • Face Palm! 1

37 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

No  actually it was from another site. though of course one cannot ever verify what is and what its not true on the internet.  Although the statement may have been later refuted by Pokerstars , it does not mean t was not true , or not issued by an officer of the company. 

I principally go on my own experience and that tells me that Poserstars do rig the game. I have plenty of hand history to prove it. When I play on unibet the hand history is totally different ....I wonder why ??

I agree 😁 so many players say the same so I believe there has to be something in it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1