Andy Murray knighted

david1111

As a child Andy Murray hid under a desk during the Dunblane massacre. Years later he has conquered the tennis world and gave Britain it's first Wimbledon winner in many years. In my opinion he's a true pro who is a great role model to all young Brits who aspire to be a top sportsperson.

• Puke! 1

1 minute ago, Blacko said:

As a child Andy Murray hid under a desk during the Dunblane massacre. Years later he has conquered the tennis world and gave Britain it's first Wimbledon winner in many years. In my opinion he's a true pro who is a great role model to all young Brits who aspire to be a top sportsperson.

But does it warrant a knighthood.

Not for me

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

But does it warrant a knighthood.

Not for me

I don't believe any sportsman deserves a knighthood, poilitician or actor. But at least Botham raised tens of millions for charity, that i get. Not someone who just won an olympic medal or two, got a hundred caps for England , has been a bent MP for 20 years or acted for a long time. WOW!

• Keeemon 2

Sorry to say never ever liked the bloke. His constant moaning on court and acting like he's about to drop dead at any second did my head in. Not to mention that dreary bore you to death voice in his interviews. Enough to send you to sleep. Plus why is his mother famous who cares i didn't watch tennis to watch her in the crowd every other game. My idea of a night out from hell would be with andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton yawn. Did he not saying about wanting England to lose as well at football. He's not British he's Scottish. 

• Keeemon 1

10 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Sorry to say never ever liked the bloke. His constant moaning on court and acting like he's about to drop dead at any second did my head in. Not to mention that dreary bore you to death voice in his interviews. Enough to send you to sleep. Plus why is his mother famous who cares i didn't watch tennis to watch her in the crowd every other game. My idea of a night out from hell would be with andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton yawn. Did he not saying about wanting England to lose as well at football. He's not British he's Scottish. 

What's wrong with being Scottish? I supported England during the world cup, as anyone on here will tell you. Last I looked Scotland was part of Britain. Am British, but an also Scottish.

15 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

With you there. 

Murray is so morose and Hamilton so overbearingly sickly

3 minutes ago, Markymark said:

What's wrong with being Scottish? I supported England during the world cup, as anyone on here will tell you. Last I looked Scotland was part of Britain. Am British, but an also Scottish.

I think hotshots did t........ oh, no he didn't my error

• Love 2

I think he deserves it as he has had a good career and won things .  An Irish friend of mine used to say how did he win Sports Personality of the Year as he has no personality at all lol.   You also have to remember that Tennis is a sport the sort of people who decide these things follow.

24 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Nothing at all. I have many Scottish friends who are very friendly. Ive also been to Aberdeen and met the nicest people ever. I went to place near ellon called maud and didn't pay for a drink all night. Total strangers buying me drinks. I guess you can't like every sportsman and for some reason just never really liked him. I have nothing against Scottish people but one thing i do remember was working abroad stopping tourists and asking " excuse me are you British " many many Scottish people replied " we're not british we're Scottish ". That was 20 years ago though.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

Nothing at all. I have many Scottish friends who are very friendly. Ive also been to Aberdeen and met the nicest people ever. I went to place near ellon called maud and didn't pay for a drink all night. Total strangers buying me drinks. I guess you can't like every sportsman and for some reason just never really liked him. I have nothing against Scottish people but one thing i do remember was working abroad stopping tourists and asking " excuse me are you British " many many Scottish people replied " we're not british we're Scottish ". That was 20 years ago though.

All this Scottish/English debate is a lot of shite in my eyes. we are the same fucking people!! we all love fish and chips, beer, football and our wives love the soaps, we just all sound a little different LOL. I judge everyone as an individual, there is cunts in every walk of life, it doesn't mean that we all are.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

10 minutes ago, Blacko said:

All this Scottish/English debate is a lot of shite in my eyes. we are the same fucking people!! we all love fish and chips, beer, football and our wives love the soaps, we just all sound a little different LOL. I judge everyone as an individual, there is cunts in every walk of life, it doesn't mean that we all are.

I know mate. You know me i couldn't care less. I don't do debates politics race religion and all that bollox. I'm far too laid back for that. There's good and bad in every walk of life. 

• Puke! 2