USPGA championship

Shades111

major number 2 , and it could be a good one , Bethpage Black is a bit of a naughty golf course , its a long long par 70 with only 2 par 5s , tight fairways , small greens and there will be rough , the further you are offline the heavier it will get , and also it's likely to be be wet which will make this course even longer , fairway bunkers are plenty and you will be dropping shots if you go in them . this course can be a beast .

so we need someone with a bit of oomph off the tee this week thats for sure and they need to keep it straight , well we all know who can bomb it but can they keep it in play that's the question .

im not going to analyse a load of players like i did in the masters for this , but i do have a few fancies , the top10 eachway that is freely available really screams value as this tournament will be far more unpredictable than we got at Augusta and we could get some big figured players getting in the places this week .

so lets get down to it , who do i like , well i have raved about him plenty and my top slot goes to Xander Schauffle !!!! , available around 28/1 , tremendous talent for such a young age , plays with a smile on his face and i really like the kid , he will go far , knocking on the door of a major win and a USPGA could be his best chance , he's been so close twice already to a major win and it just feel's a matter of time before he has his breakthrough .

my list of eachway fancies , they can all bang it off the tee a bit .

Sergio Garcia 45/1

Hideki Matsuyama 40/1

Aaron Wise 110/1 (150/1 if your willing to go top7 with hills)

Julian Suri 175/1

Lucas Bjerragaard 175/1

Alex Noren 150/1

Luke List 250/1

JB Holmes 250/1

i would advise a couple of saver bets on the likes of Dustin Johnson and Tiger Woods , also Koepka who is now a big time player , i believe at least two of the three will be lurking on sunday . 

well good luck all , should be a good week of golf on a very challenging golf course .

• Like 1
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 7

2 hours ago, Shades111 said:

major number 2 , and it could be a good one , Bethpage Black is a bit of a naughty golf course , its a long long par 70 with only 2 par 5s , tight fairways , small greens and there will be rough , the further you are offline the heavier it will get , and also it's likely to be be wet which will make this course even longer , fairway bunkers are plenty and you will be dropping shots if you go in them . this course can be a beast .

so we need someone with a bit of oomph off the tee this week thats for sure and they need to keep it straight , well we all know who can bomb it but can they keep it in play that's the question .

im not going to analyse a load of players like i did in the masters for this , but i do have a few fancies , the top10 eachway that is freely available really screams value as this tournament will be far more unpredictable than we got at Augusta and we could get some big figured players getting in the places this week .

so lets get down to it , who do i like , well i have raved about him plenty and my top slot goes to Xander Schauffle !!!! , available around 28/1 , tremendous talent for such a young age , plays with a smile on his face and i really like the kid , he will go far , knocking on the door of a major win and a USPGA could be his best chance , he's been so close twice already to a major win and it just feel's a matter of time before he has his breakthrough .

my list of eachway fancies , they can all bang it off the tee a bit .

Sergio Garcia 45/1

Hideki Matsuyama 40/1

Aaron Wise 110/1 (150/1 if your willing to go top7 with hills)

Julian Suri 175/1

Lucas Bjerragaard 175/1

Alex Noren 150/1

Luke List 250/1

JB Holmes 250/1

i would advise a couple of saver bets on the likes of Dustin Johnson and Tiger Woods , also Koepka who is now a big time player , i believe at least two of the three will be lurking on sunday . 

well good luck all , should be a good week of golf on a very challenging golf course .

Norens a great shout 

• Brooks Koepka12.5    £8.00£92.00
  • Tiger Woods15            £10.00£140.00
  • Justin Rose22                £6.00£126.00
Had a small punt for interest on Betfair. 
I really think its time for Justin Rose to shine. 
I can't discount tiger , even though the fairways are a little tight.
and Koepka is doing well at the moment.

Edited by Solario333
  • Chaching! 2
  • Keeemon 1

we got a couple the same then @Shades111. you said about the X man,  Garcia is in because of course form and the fact he played well the other week T4, putted well apparently.

Top 2 from my stats were Lucas Glover and especially Matt Kuchar.... Benny An does well if I include euro tour stats. So they are the basis of my bets. I like Luke List, just started going off the boil a bit, but his driving prowess might make up for his deficiencies of late, and at that price worth a shot. I put up in the golf thread, you can get 300/1 on Jorge Campillo, who has recent form figures of 2, 2, 20, 3, 1,3. There is no one out there with better form figures in golf, and if he can translate that form to this course, the price is just too big. Compare that to Kaymer for example. Zero form, not looked like winning and is 150/1. don't make sense to me. Janewattananond would be interesting if the course wasn't playing so long at 500/1. He's like Garcia on 3/4 power. 

Alternative shout outs to Webb Simpson who I think is overpriced at 80/1, Cantlay 45/1 and Jason Day, though i won't bet on him, as I would want 5's for him not to get injured lol

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

Surely Rickie Fowler is going to win a major sooner rather than later. I'm keeping the faith and backing him. I want my money back from the masters lol. 

Rickie is like Garcia, everyone knows one day he will win a major, but picking out exactly when is the issue. Might be another 10 years...might be this weekend????

For what he has achieved always too short in the betting for my liking.... just hope you done him ew Kev

11 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Rickie is like Garcia, everyone knows one day he will win a major, but picking out exactly when is the issue. Might be another 10 years...might be this weekend????

For what he has achieved always too short in the betting for my liking.... just hope you done him ew Kev

Not put it on yet but yeah will be each way. May have missed out on a good odds selection on something else though. Would you believe a tip for Australia in the Eurovision. 20/1 when i was told. Now 7/1. If not them Russia same price. 

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Jok3st3r said:

Thanks for the write up @Shades111 

I'm sure it's the norm, but those prices are crazy, got to be worth a couple of quid...... I'll be watching this thread with interest. ?️♂️

cheers

well its one of the biggest fields of the year on a golf course that will not be hammered to death with birdies , treble figure prices get placed almost every week on golf , but there are a lot of treble figure prices , just need to hope we back the right ones lol . bookies tend to overlook a lot of very good players at times and focus on the top 20 in the betting too much , i like to think a little more outside the box , as good as they are i struggle to bet on the Mcilroy , Johnson bandwagon as i do not believe the odds of single digit prices as realistic in a sport with 140+ runners .

£2 win Mcilroy get you £26

£1 eachway Luke List (lets say he finishes 10th) gets you £51

yes mcilroy has a far better chance than List but you have 10 chances with list against one chance with mcilroy to win twice as much , its just how i look at things .

anyway good luck with whoever you choose .

• Keeemon 1

I've pretty much gone with the suggestions here bit didn't go with any of the favourites.

Thought I'd allow myself 20 quid, clicked too many times, easy to get carried away! Anyway backed 12 total outlay £23! My 12th pick was one of the 1000/1, just because you never know, Ben Cook - he sounds like a winner to me ?

• Keeemon 1

7 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

I've pretty much gone with the suggestions here bit didn't go with any of the favourites.

Thought I'd allow myself 20 quid, clicked too many times, easy to get carried away! Anyway backed 12 total outlay £23! My 12th pick was one of the 1000/1, just because you never know, Ben Cook - he sounds like a winner to me ?

He sounds like a chef to me....?

• Keeemon 1

Thought I'd put mine on the 'official thread'...

EW doubles (US PGA 10pl ew,  Web.com 6pl)

L. Glover 125/1  or M. Kuchar  50/1  WITH   R. Shelton  22/1  or  M. Harmon 110/1  

C. Conners 250/1  or  S. Garcia 40/1   WITH   N. Voke 110/1  or  R. Brehm  80/1

B. An 150/1  or J. Campillo 250/1 or  J. Vegas 125/1  WITH  H. Norlander 20/1  or  D. Summerhayes 225/1

EW Singles

L. Glover  125/1

C. Conners 250/1

J. Campillo  250/1

J. Harding 225/1

W. Simpson  75/1

Savers  win only

B. Koepka  11/1  or  X. Schauffele  30/1   with   R. Shelton 25/1   or  X. Zhang  17/1

M. Kuchar 55/1  or  D. Johnson 11/1 or S. Garcia  48/1  with  H. Norlander 22/1  or  R. Shelton  25/1

• Chaching! 2

Gone for my standard format, one 'favourite' and 2 more outsiders.

Fav - Xander (really like him and Cantlay) haven't backed him last couple of tournaments but fancy him to be in contention near the end. 

Matsuyama (hoping he rediscovers some form - just got lured in by the price) 

List - hits it so long and hoping he can smock in the top 10

• Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 3

£4 Matsuyama 50/1

£15 EW Schauffle 25/1

£4 Garcia 60/1

£4 EW Wise 110/1

£4 EW HT Li 125/1

£3 EW Suri 175/1

£3 EW Bjerragaard 175/1

£3 EW Noren 150/1

£4 EW List 250/1

£2 EW Holmes 250/1

£6 Spieth 75/1 ( had to chuck something on him at that price on the exchanges )

apart from spieth all my players are early tee-times which seems to be the right side of the draw if history at this course and tournament holds up , if it does not then my bets could be in a lot of trouble very early , lets hope not eh !!

• Chaching! 3

I caved in to doing a buck ew on Luke List in the end but impressed by the start some of the British golfers have made. GTFIT

I got none of them. Thought the course would suit Hatton, but he's been in poor form this season and left him well alone.

• Chaching! 1

All £1ew

Byeong Hun An 125/1

Lucas Glover 80/1

Matt Kuchar 40/1

JB Holmes 200/1

Luke List 200/1

Alex Noren 150/1

Lucas Bjerregaard 100/1

Julian Suri 125/1

Aaron Wise 100/1

Hedeki Matsuyama 35/1

Sergio Garcia 33/1

£0.50ew

Ben (the winner) Cook 1000/1 ?

Edited by Jok3st3r
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

39 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

I caved in to doing a buck ew on Luke List in the end but impressed by the start some of the British golfers have made. GTFIT

I got none of them. Thought the course would suit Hatton, but he's been in poor form this season and left him well alone.

Yeah they've gone off really well. Shame I backed Hatton last major, finished nowhere really.. Thought about Fleetwood but was a little bit too short odds for me. Plenty of play left today though 

List 3 under through 9, fantastic start. 

Brooks Koepka looks a monster at the moment. 

Few other notables started well, Fleetwood 3 under through 14, Hatton 2 under through 12, Rickie and Holmes also 1 under just over half way through their rounds. 

List still at 3 under, as is Fleetwood again. After a few holes and being 2 over, woods has played splendid golf, back to 1 under. 

The featured group is Molinari, Koepka and Woods and they are all playing well, but Koepka at the moment is playing textbook. He's hit 1 poor shot out of about the last 30 swings, and he recovered well to leave himself a birdie chance still! 

On the poorer side of things, Watson (+5) Garcia (+3) Lowry (+4) and Matsuyama (+2) are struggling.

Schauffle is even par with a few difficult holes left. Ideally you'd like to be 1 or 2 under after day 1 to be in a good position, but your certainly still in contention at Evens. 

Edited by Luke_B_123