Sign in to follow this  
Nodizmik1

VPIP and AF

I'm not new to poker but despite constantly being profitable I've never invested in anything like a HUD. I started playing again semi-regularly 2 months ago.
First of all, is it worth it? I do ok on my own but feel I'm missing an edge a lot of you proper players have.
Secondly, my user name is vavabroom, I play on 888 pokers. Would someone be lovely and kind enough to check their database and let me know where I stand in terms of VPIP and AF %'s, please? (sorry if that is an unethical thing to ask)
I think it's about time I took this a bit more seriously. I lose a lot of money calling fishes when I have such a dominating hand going in deep in tourneys. I must be missing something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nodizmik1 said:

I'm not new to poker but despite constantly being profitable I've never invested in anything like a HUD. I started playing again semi-regularly 2 months ago.
First of all, is it worth it? I do ok on my own but feel I'm missing an edge a lot of you proper players have.
Secondly, my user name is vavabroom, I play on 888 pokers. Would someone be lovely and kind enough to check their database and let me know where I stand in terms of VPIP and AF %'s, please? (sorry if that is an unethical thing to ask)
I think it's about time I took this a bit more seriously. I lose a lot of money calling fishes when I have such a dominating hand going in deep in tourneys. I must be missing something.

I would say HUD's are a must (even though I don't use one) as pretty much everyone else does. Some sites are now getting rid of them or at least only allowing ones with basic tools as its seems its putting off the fishes/recreational players.

I checked your stats but guess it would need to be a HUD to check your VPIP and AF. Decent profit there mate, any reason you don't play on other sites?

1 minute ago, Rocknrolla said:

I would say HUD's are a must (even though I don't use one) as pretty much everyone else does. Some sites are now getting rid of them or at least only allowing ones with basic tools as its seems its putting off the fishes/recreational players.

I checked your stats but guess it would need to be a HUD to check your VPIP and AF. Decent profit there mate, any reason you don't play on other sites?

A question for you guys, why does poker have derogatory terms, Fishes, Donks etc? Is there a touch of snobbery among the hard core players to people that just play now and again?

7 minutes ago, Markymark said:

A question for you guys, why does poker have derogatory terms, Fishes, Donks etc? Is there a touch of snobbery among the hard core players to people that just play now and again?

Phil helmuith will answer that one for you

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I don't think they are derogatory unless used in a derogatory way. I class myself as a fish and titled loads of my poker vids with it, if anything I would see it as an advantage if people perceived you as one. 

Snobbery massively so, but I've found the majority of the ones that are are actually just wannabe's 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

This made me laugh so hard lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Just called him mate, apparently am a fucking idiot, and a moron 😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I don't think they are derogatory unless used in a derogatory way. I class myself as a fish and titled loads of my poker vids with it, if anything I would see it as an advantage if people perceived you as one. 

Snobbery massively so, but I've found the majority of the ones that are are actually just wannabe's 

You ever watched that interview by a guy called rick trigg on starsports paul ?

Posted (edited)

@Nodizmik1
Well if you want to play it seriously and make money then you need it, not just to see other people stats (imo notes are more important) but to learn from your own stats to see where you have leaks and you can better yourself there and to make hand reviews. You can even mark hands in the session where you are not sure what to do and analyse and a review them later and maybe post it somewhere on forum to discuss it with other players. And never be fooled with stats you need a good amount of hand histories to see the true picture. You can buy hand histories there are few providers of that and its worth it to do so if you play regular and multitable. I could go on and on but that is the short story of hm\pt etc. 🙂

Edited by crazyrightmeow