Crunchienut

NEW Summer of Sports Competition

No exact plans for this yet as i want a few ideas.

There will be A Royal Ascot horse racing comp firstly during the third week of June. and marks the one year anniversary of our first knockout comp, so like Cheltenham it will be a double header.

OK after that starting with Wimbledon on July 1st i plan to start a new comp, of around 6/7 events, at roughly one per week, until the footy season starts in August. What events are chosen will be up to you. But a few examples include the Tour de France (no choice there), British GP, Anniverary Games (athletics), Wimbledon, Glorious Goodwood, Ashes Cricket, Open golf Championships, World matchplay darts etc etc.

Nothing too obscure, but im open to suggestions and hope its as successful as the last one. So what ya think?

• Like 4
  • Get In There! 2
  • Keeeeemon! 1

Sorry, wanted to say, while this is taking place i probably wouldn't do a full on Goodwood racing comp also ( a simple knockout at best would be all). Personally, there are 3 stand out events Wimbledon, Tour de France and The Open and are probably must haves in any summer sport comp.

I think you already know my thoughts on this........

I'M IN 😁👍

@Crunchienut is there a comp for the cricket world cup? or can it be incorporated into this? (Starts in a few weeks though so maybe too soon)

9 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

@Crunchienut is there a comp for the cricket world cup? or can it be incorporated into this? (Starts in a few weeks though so maybe too soon)

There's a comp running courtesy of @Solario333 for the cricket. Under other sports

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

There's a comp running courtesy of @Solario333 for the cricket. Under other sports

Cheers bud

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

yes Solario is doing a 'guess the number of runs in the entire competition' comp. but the final is on the 14th if i remembered right, so I could include that and the semi's. good choice as its a big event. Not sure there are a lot of cricket lovers on here to do a big comp, as you can tell from some of the guesses Solario had. You'll understsand when you see them 😁

Posted (edited)

Am in. Not sure when your doing this comp mate, but I have two for June. Le Mans 24hr motor sport 15th June, and European Games multi sport 21-30 June. 😁 

Edited by Markymark

Just now, Solario333 said:

I am IN....

i Think instead of an Ashes test match, it be better to include the latter stages of the World Cup.....be a shame not to have any cricket given its a big summer. You going to any of the games?

2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Am in. Not sure when your doing this comp mate, but I have two for June. Le Mans 24hr motor sport 15th June, and European Games multi sport 21-30 June. 😁 

I was gonna start on July 1st with wimbledon, so I can get Ascot done and dusted. What on earths the multisport games? will check that out. Le Mans would have been a nice alternative to the GP as well. Cheers marky. multisport 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

I was gonna start on July 1st with wimbledon, so I can get Ascot done and dusted. What on earths the multisport games? will check that out. Le Mans would have been a nice alternative to the GP as well. Cheers marky. multisport 🤔

Be careful here.  @Markymark is probably trying lull you into a false sense of security.

• Haha 2

@Markymark already a 'random sport' decathlon champ, now you letting him pick his own sports for the next one!!!! Give the rest a chance :crywithlaughter:

• Haha 3

I’m in whatever it is lol

• Like 1

You could have highest run scorer or wicket taker for the tournament or just one game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roger_aka_Roger said:

I'm in, as long as there is plenty of women's events so we can keep our crown as sexiest forum

Perv 

• Haha 1

I’m sure all the job seekers will be all over this 😂😂

23 minutes ago, Roger_aka_Roger said:

I'm in, as long as there is plenty of women's events so we can keep our crown as sexiest forum

As long as we have Freddy on here we will always be number 1

5 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

You could have highest run scorer or wicket taker for the tournament or just one game. 

tournament starts end of this month....way too early. So it be something like that for the final or semi's and final. Need to check the dates.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Perv 

you started it! 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

you started it! 😂

I know 😂

8 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I’m sure all the job seekers will be all over this 😂😂

no, anyone with a job can play too. Its only one event per week, and given the rate you pick Lucky15's would take you, approximately 3.41 seconds to do your selections each week. Your in it this time main man, no choice. 

• Haha 2