Sign in to follow this  
Legendary Hamster

Streaming...

Hi all, 

It's been a while since I was last on here and it's very possible that I won't be back to respond (so apologies now if you think I'm just being rude, I'm genuinely not around enough to give any time and I want to avoid spending too much time talking about gambling etc). 

I do still watch streams from time to time but normally have them on in the background while I do other things and it's great to see Rolla doing some streams as they've been thin on the ground of late BUT the chat is always atrocious in terms of responsible gambling... Last night I found it so frustrating.

Rolla, god love him, obviously has a "bit of a problem with gambling" and it's very obvious that many regular viewers do too but the continual shouts for him to rip his entire balance on roulette or 'up the stake' when already on £40 max for the site? FUCK OFF.

I get it, it's a gambling stream and last night (and the night before) was a 50k stream but honestly, when I watch the stream I want the streamer to win. If the streamer goes on to piss it all away then so be it, that's gambling, but to bombard them with comments like that is not showing support and there were times when I felt really bad for Paul as he genuinely looked flustered and it was tough to watch as he's such a nice guy. 

Again, yes it's gambling, but I remember it wasn't so long when Twitch (which I was on) was the civilised chat room so I can only guess what Youtube was like... Join in, watch, enjoy but don't go saying stuff like "you've broken your promise so go balls deep and play the lot" or laugh when he does make a loss as it detracts from the stream IMO.

Byeeee...

• Like 7

Pretty sure they wouldn’t be so keen to rip their own balance. Think they should lay off the man and let him do want he wants to do.

• Like 3

@Legendary Hamster good to hear from you again.

Agree with what you say but it's the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Paul's been doing it long enough now to hopefully ignore the ridiculous comments

• Like 3

I think these last two streams were 'special ones' and as he had been doing so well over the last few days he knew exactly what he was doing and wouldn't bow down to any kind of peer pressure! Particularly from some of the people (trolls) in chat.

He's got his head screwed on right or at least I believe he has. 

Having said that, it is horrible to see some of the comments but as it's already been said, that part is unlikely to stop, sadly! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

I think these last two streams were 'special ones' and as he had been doing so well over the last few days he knew exactly what he was doing and wouldn't bow down to any kind of peer pressure! Particularly from some of the people (trolls) in chat.

He's got his head screwed on right or at least I believe he has. 

Having said that, it is horrible to see some of the comments but as it's already been said, that part is unlikely to stop, sadly! 

I am sure that those who make these comments will be recompensed directly as the days go by. Nothing happens by chance. Paul's stream was excellent in portraying the dilemma he faces ...please one please all .... not an option . I agree with @Legendary Hamster in his comments , and I believe the nature of the beast will soon be a distant memory.   

4 hours ago, Blampy said:

Pretty sure they wouldn’t be so keen to rip their own balance. Think they should lay off the man and let him do want he wants to do.

Totally agree @Blampy , such puerile and senseless moronic behaviour .... symptomatic of the degradation of values that currently permeates our society , and sometimes this site.  Fortunately there are many good people who defend probity .

• Like 1

@Legendary Hamster Good to see you back mate even if its a passing visit.

Yes like David said I'm used to it now and I never really listen to those comments or even really even notice them. I would never up my bets due to pressure from comments or anything, I gamble how I want which is also why I don't that often anymore as the way I gamble at the moment there is a high chance for a big loss and they are horrible to happen live on stream. 

Some people also use the chat to have petty dramas from the toxic side of youtube and unfortunately that pretty much goes onto anyones streams, if anything I find it more tilting when people don't ignore and fuel it even more by acknowledging it, which like the old saying goes don't feed the trolls!

Hope your good mate

• Like 4

@Legendary Hamster
Its internet, you have to get used to trolls, shit talking and all the nonsense that comes with it and that will never change since there are so many people watching. Im sure Paul understands that by now. You cant take it personal.
And "responsible gambling" as you say is for me that you can gamble with money you wont miss in your life and if rolla rips 10k Im sure he will be fine atm so I really dont see anything wrong with that if people tease him and want to see him play roulette(he was always huge on roulette), I am sure that 99% of them\us wants to see him win. I understand that for most people 10k is huge amount and you cant imagine gamble with that kind of money or lose it but its not the same for all the people. For me its the same if you spin 40pounds on slots or you do 1 or 2 huge spins on roulette. 

• Like 1

Great post mate, totally agree with TGC comments on this. I tend to say hello to everyone and turn the comments off, when it starts getting like you said. Without blowing smoke up TGC arses, I have never seen any of TGC say anything negative or try to get Rolla to up the stake, quite the opposite really, everyone here wants him to win, and try to get him to cash out when he's up. To sum up! Just read TGC comments, cause we're great ?

• Like 5

I'll always remember the guy who kept randomly posting "I'LL SHEIIT IN UR HAT!!!" and @Rocknrolla never noticed it until he appeared in one of his big win vids haha

That was nearly 3 years ago!

• Haha 1