Katie talks about her gambling addiction

Antonin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Katie clarke
On 07/05/2019 at 19:00, Solario333 said:

However we view the story we must acknowledge the degree of difficulties when Gambling Drugs and drink are fighting to dominate an individual . In katie's case all three have plagued her life and she has now become a victim of her own choosing. For although she acknowledges that only the individual can resolve the issue , she is in complete denial in her intent. One step forward ,one step sideways, one step backwards..... there is no real positive message here that measure a successful withdrawal from Gambling or drugs or drink , just a sad and woeful story of lethargy ,and self absorbed misery. She is not moving forward ....as she would like to , because her emotions have ruled her life ,and it is emotional distress that is far more dangerous than all addictions put together. If you cannot stand alone , and walk away from depression , anger, greed, immorality and all the vices that come with dependance then no amount of precise counselling will help.  

However bad your life has been ...you must let it go . Because until you do every vice will torment you and stretch your emotions to breaking point. Katie has not realised that it is emotion that is killing her life ...... Emotion can  be a very destructive energy ,very negative , and here we see the damage it can cause when people think its ok to be angry ,sad, miserable, self absorbed. Its not ok ....its the beginning of a bad bad dream, so wake up and live a positive life.

Hello there!! I hope you are well!! Thank you so much for your comment here on my video. And your comment is very valid! I was sent this forum in message after one of my friends saw it. 

I’ve seen your other comments below too. 

So in this particular video I was making, I was going steps forward and back at this point. I wanted to say, you are totally right the manifestations of my addictions completely comes from emotional pain and I am now in psychotherapy. Which has worked really well for me! I have now discovered meditation and learning how to live a “positive life”. I’m 14 months free from gambling now. So I’m still very new to my recovery and I’ve come on leaps and bounds since my first first video. 

I have made many videos since this. You mention the term “wake up”. This is something I am so pleased to have started doing. Everyday gets better and better. And I’m the happiest I’ve been in my life. 

Putting boundaries into place to protect myself, learning not to be so impulsive and sitting back before making any decision, and basically thinking of own happiness at all times. 

Yes there have been some slip backs but all I can do is think about the future and I’ve learnt to “always stay in the present moment” 

I am still single and using this time to completely concentrate on myself and it’s such a beautiful thing!! 

My recovery has not been perfect at all by any means. I couldn’t go on and tell you about the gambling addiction and not say I had slipped into a world of drugs and alcohol at the start, because that would not have been the truth. 

But I can tell you now, my life is a million times better then chasing a million pound win any day!! 

Life has just begun for me, and I am living it my own way!!! ?? 

again thanks for your comment and of course for watching my video!!! 

Guest Katie clarke

Hello everyone, just wanted to say first of all, thanks for all the your comments and views of my video!! I got sent this from a friend who had found this online!! 

If anyone has any questions about this please go ahead and ask. 

I know one of the questions I was asked - was about live streaming, never watched these. I had no idea they existed until I was in recovery. 

But thank you all for taking the time to watch and for your comments. ❤️

11 hours ago, Katie clarke said:

Hello there!! I hope you are well!! Thank you so much for your comment here on my video. And your comment is very valid! I was sent this forum in message after one of my friends saw it. 

I’ve seen your other comments below too. 

So in this particular video I was making, I was going steps forward and back at this point. I wanted to say, you are totally right the manifestations of my addictions completely comes from emotional pain and I am now in psychotherapy. Which has worked really well for me! I have now discovered meditation and learning how to live a “positive life”. I’m 14 months free from gambling now. So I’m still very new to my recovery and I’ve come on leaps and bounds since my first first video. 

I have made many videos since this. You mention the term “wake up”. This is something I am so pleased to have started doing. Everyday gets better and better. And I’m the happiest I’ve been in my life. 

Putting boundaries into place to protect myself, learning not to be so impulsive and sitting back before making any decision, and basically thinking of own happiness at all times. 

Yes there have been some slip backs but all I can do is think about the future and I’ve learnt to “always stay in the present moment” 

I am still single and using this time to completely concentrate on myself and it’s such a beautiful thing!! 

My recovery has not been perfect at all by any means. I couldn’t go on and tell you about the gambling addiction and not say I had slipped into a world of drugs and alcohol at the start, because that would not have been the truth. 

But I can tell you now, my life is a million times better then chasing a million pound win any day!! 

Life has just begun for me, and I am living it my own way!!! ?? 

again thanks for your comment and of course for watching my video!!! 

Welcome aboard I have watched and commented on you videos since you started, keep up the good work.

Add P

• Keeemon 1

Hello @Katie clarke you are more than welcome here. Thank you for sharing your journey so far.

We have a few members who are going through similar journeys to yours and they are all doing amazingly well. I think, for some, a place like here helps with their recovery and I do hope you are able to stick around. The support here is overwhelming really. ❤

I wish you continued happiness and success. 

• Puke! 2

Guest Katie clarke
3 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

Hello @Katie clarke you are more than welcome here. Thank you for sharing your journey so far.

We have a few members who are going through similar journeys to yours and they are all doing amazingly well. I think, for some, a place like here helps with their recovery and I do hope you are able to stick around. The support here is overwhelming really. ❤

I wish you continued happiness and success. 

Hey thanks for this. It’s lovely you have a community like this. I hadn’t even realised!! 

Thank you for your kind comments and I wish you all the best too! X

Guest Katie clarke
1 hour ago, howfin said:

Stay strong. Fuck the fobts. Fuck the bookies. Bucky is all you need. 

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

Bloody Nora!! What have I just seen??? I hope to see a game of trivial pursuits on this soon!!! The video itself blew my hair back, I wonder how it tastes?? ???

Guest Katie clarke
Just now, david1111 said:

I dare not drink it as rumour has it that if you drink too much you wake up with a Scottish accent

Blimey - the only thing I can say in a Scottish accent is “tiramisu” the Italian dessert - god only know what else could happen ☺️☺️

Guest Katie clarke
2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

And if you mix it with irn bru you're asking for trouble

That would be trouble! I think I’d be due a trip to the funny farm if a deep fried mar bar was anywhere in my reach too. ???

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

Weird thing about this is it is supposed to be a tonic of which you drink a glass a day to make yourself feel better !   I know it is from Buckfast Abbey in Devon but I never saw this stuff  in Kent when I lived there.    I have lived in the West of Ireland for a good number of years now  and they cannot get enough of it .  I knew a guy who had a corner shop and he used to have a pallet load a week delivered.  It seems to be very popular in both Ireland and Scotland.  

Maybe Boris should point out that the Bucky will be in short supply in the case of a no deal Brexit  to get the Irish to the table !

• Keeemon 1