Days since ive had a bet...

Guest centipede

Guest centipede

Ok, so ive had a bad run of it recently and been off here and gambling full stop.

I have had 1 bet running though that I put a lot of money on ages ago as I thought he would win, and that was Judd Trump to win the World Snooker Champs.

Only a few days ago I was looking at winning in the region of 20k and for some reason that I cant explain I thought Robertson was buying money v Higgins, so transferred all my profit off of Trump, backing Robertson in the outright market, with a view to laying him after the Higgins match and sticking it all back on Trump again.

What an absolute Johnson.

Felt sick as a pig over thelast couple of days, and really hoping Trump loses, but I cant see it now.

now my book reads that i get 1p if Trump wins, so managed to turn a potential 20k win into 1p over the last few days.

currently going through every one of my bookies right now self excluding for 5 years, and I spoke to gamstop earlier today who are giving me a code for 12 months so ill be signing up to that later, and ill be signing up to everything i can get my hands on. so thats me done for the foreseeable future!

So, new challenge, lets see how far I can get this number up.. Ill hopefully just be updating it every now and then

Days since ive had a bet... 1

bf.PNG

BV.PNG

Edited by centipede

11 minutes ago, centipede said:

Ok, so ive had a bad run of it recently and been off here and gambling full stop.

I have had 1 bet running though that I put a lot of money on ages ago as I thought he would win, and that was Judd Trump to win the World Snooker Champs.

Only a few days ago I was looking at winning in the region of 20k and for some reason that I cant explain I thought Robertson was buying money v Higgins, so transferred all my profit off of Trump, backing Robertson in the outright market, with a view to laying him after the Higgins match and sticking it all back on Trump again.

What an absolute Johnson.

Felt sick as a pig over thelast couple of days, and really hoping Trump loses, but I cant see it now.

now my book reads that i get 1p if Trump wins, so managed to turn a potential 20k win into 1p over the weekend.

currently going through every one of my bookies right now self excluding for 5 years, and I spoke to gamstop earlier today who are giving me a code for 12 months so ill be signing up to that later, and ill be signing up to everything i can get my hands on. so thats me done for the foreseeable future!

So, new challenge, lets see how far I can get this number up.. Ill hopefully just be updating it every now and then

Days since ive had a bet... 1

bf.PNG

BV.PNG

good to hear from you centipede.

Youve done the right thing for you, so cant really add much other than to say we are here for support as you know.

All the best mate

• Keeemon 4

Guest centipede
3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

good to hear from you centipede.

Youve done the right thing for you, so cant really add much other than to say we are here for support as you know.

All the best mate

cheers mate, just needed to vent while I shut everything down lol. Hows everything going with you mate? all good?

Gutted for you mate, I watched that game and you could tell who the winner was gonna be at 10-10 in frames, he looked exhausted Robertson.

I don’t think I’m going to be far behind you on banning myself after the last couple of months I’ve had.

good luck

• Keeemon 2

Guest centipede
8 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

Gutted for you mate, I watched that game and you could tell who the winner was gonna be at 10-10 in frames, he looked exhausted Robertson.

I don’t think I’m going to be far behind you on banning myself after the last couple of months I’ve had.

good luck

yeah, I think being in the last 4 consecutive finals got the better of him in the end. At some points he was playing really well, but then kept letting Higgins back in.

I can only put my bet down to pure greed unfortunately, but why the hell wouldnt potentially 20k be 'enough'. Thw worst part about it it ive been banging on about Trump winning all year, and was backing him at 9/1 pre christmas

Edited by centipede

Guest centipede
5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Also on a poor run to be honest mate

Its draining

it really is. 

you ever spent a whole day gambling in the bookies gambling on every race mate? if you have you will know that feeling you have when you walk outside in the fresh air to go home, its quite a surreal feeling

3 minutes ago, centipede said:

yeah, I think being in the last 4 consecutive finals got the better of him in the end. At some points he was playing really well, but then kept letting Higgins back in.

I can only put my bet down to pure greed unfortunately, but why the hell wouldnt potentially 20k be 'enough'. Thw worst part about it it ive been banging on about Trump winning all year, and was backing him at 9/1 pre christmas

Gambling is all about decision making. Often we make the wrong ones which can cost us dearly.

Try and put it behind you otherwise it will eat away at you. 

Enjoy time now without gambling

• Keeemon 3

Guest centipede
1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Gambling is all about decision making. Often we make the wrong ones which can cost us dearly.

Try and put it behind you otherwise it will eat away at you. 

Enjoy time now without gambling

yep, 5 years of it now at least! maybe even longer once i get there :kappa:

3 minutes ago, centipede said:

It’s the gamblers mind mate, don’t be too hard on yourself it’s only money at the end of the day, the amount of money I’ve lost changing my mind on the way to the bookies counter ??

You end up blaming yourself and it sends me on full tilt mode and I end up going bust.

However it could of gone your way as well, that’s gambling.

I hope trump loses for you mate.

• Keeemon 2

6 minutes ago, centipede said:

it really is. 

you ever spent a whole day gambling in the bookies gambling on every race mate? if you have you will know that feeling you have when you walk outside in the fresh air to go home, its quite a surreal feeling

I’m that guy that regularly spends the whole day in a bookies from 9.30 till 5 backing everything dogs, virtual, horses fobts and I know that feeling all too well of walking out, it’s fucking horrible like you’ve stepped out into a different world, weird ain’t it?

• Keeemon 1

Guest centipede
2 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

I’m that guy that regularly spends the whole day in a bookies from 9.30 till 5 backing everything dogs, virtual, horses fobts and I know that feeling all too well of walking out, it’s fucking horrible like you’ve stepped out into a different world, weird ain’t it?

really weird! I had about 15 years of it, going in first thing and walking out when they close having bet on everything i could get my hands on for the whole day, its like your brain is fried from too much activity

14 minutes ago, centipede said:

it really is. 

I have in the past. It's hideous expecially when you walk out skint. Just an empty feeling

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 2

1 minute ago, centipede said:

really weird! I had about 15 years of it, going in first thing and walking out when they close having bet on everything i could get my hands on for the whole day, its like your brain is fried from too much activity

If it’s any consolation to you mate I’ve lost just about £5000 in the last couple of months and it ain’t come from winnings, it’s hit me hard this time and I’ve gone too far way to far but I’m trying to put everything into perspective in my mind, if I’m totally honest I’m scared of banning myself if that makes sense because I’d have to except the reality of my situation, but I’m slowly coming to terms with it, it’s my only way out.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I have in the past. It's hideous expecially when you wake out skint. Just an empty feeling

That hideous feeling of opening your eyes in the morning, it’s like being hit by a bus, the other year I ran out of petrol 8 times in about 3 weeks, that’s how bad I went.

• Agree 4
  • Get In! 1

Guest centipede
8 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

If it’s any consolation to you mate I’ve lost just about £5000 in the last couple of months and it ain’t come from winnings, it’s hit me hard this time and I’ve gone too far way to far but I’m trying to put everything into perspective in my mind, if I’m totally honest I’m scared of banning myself if that makes sense because I’d have to except the reality of my situation, but I’m slowly coming to terms with it, it’s my only way out.

Feel for you mate :feelsbadman:

Can understand that mate, like many others will be able to on here. you know deep down it will only get worse over time if nothing is done, but that still doesnt make it easier to actually do it.

I was in residential rehab in 2015, came out and didnt gamble for a whole year, im not totally sure why I came back to it as I had really lost all the urges you get to gamble, maybe i thought i would be alright? it was a bad decision either way

Edited by centipede

I remembered you had that bet, and tbh if it wasn't for some shocking misses and a miscue, Trump wouldn't have made it thro round 1, and shouldn't have really. But played well since. Was toying with doing him myself till he was drawn in Ronnie's quarter and that put me off.

Take care my friend, and do whats necessary. Rememeber, you haven't lost 20k, just the stake, so don't beat yourself up too much. Just don't be a stranger from here, you'll be sadly missed. Think our pessimistic friend Spursman has gone AWOL too, and hope he is OK. Good to hear from you as always, next time under better circumstances I hope.

• Keeemon 3

Guest centipede
10 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

That hideous feeling of opening your eyes in the morning, it’s like being hit by a bus, the other year I ran out of petrol 8 times in about 3 weeks, that’s how bad I went.

when I spunked a fortune a couple of months ago, when I took a break from here, I literally lost everything I had, I had to phone in work one day and pull a sickie, not because I was ill, but because I didnt have the £3.45 train fare to get into work!

losing a 5 figure sum of my actual money over a weekend, and not having £3.45 left to get to work.

gamstop and closing my accounts is definitely the way to go for me

Edited by centipede

6 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

When it's not free money then the loss can destabilize the mind. Regret eats away at your day and depression can follow. The minute you let go of loss a big weight is releaed. You can self exclude or you can learn to be more accepting of what need really is. All gamblers will spend every penny and then be totally bankrupt ...not even one penny for food. Its very stressful so be wise ....walk away . Enjoy your new found freedom from guilt.from hunger and from the k lies you tell yourself when you lose. 

You're an intelligent man so use that brain to protect your future by letting go of the past 

• Like 1
  • Puke! 2
  • Keeemon 1

Guest centipede
2 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

@centipede I'll put apples and bananas on Richie's for you next time......

he banned it mate... it could have been the new crazy frog getting to number 1 in the charts

Just now, centipede said:

when I spunked a fortune a couple of months ago, when I took a break from here, I literally lost everything I had, I had to phone in work one day and pull a sickie, not because I was ill, but because I didnt have the £3.45 train fare to get into work!

losing a 5 figure sum of my actual money, and not having £3.45 left to get to work.

gamstop and closing my accounts is definitely the way to go for me

I’ve earned so much money in my time, I had telecoms businesses (corporate mobile phones) in my early 20’s ive literally  lost £100,000’s  on gambling, I’ve never really gone into details about my gambling on a forum and I’ve reached ground zero a number of times and I’ve got loads of horror stories, but my situation changed and I had to give up work to look after my youngest son who was ill from birth up till he was about 4 (he’s ok now thank god) I now do something totally different but it will never make as much money as telecoms.

im an all or nothing kind of guy and very impulsive and I don’t think you can get a tablet for that ailment ??

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Guest centipede
5 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

I’ve earned so much money in my time, I had telecoms businesses (corporate mobile phones) in my early 20’s ive literally  lost £100,000’s  on gambling, I’ve never really gone into details about my gambling on a forum and I’ve reached ground zero a number of times and I’ve got loads of horror stories, but my situation changed and I had to give up work to look after my youngest son who was ill from birth up till he was about 4 (he’s ok now thank god) I now do something totally different but it will never make as much money as telecoms.

im an all or nothing kind of guy and very impulsive and I don’t think you can get a tablet for that ailment ??

Im much the same mate, and I havent found a tablet for it either as yet, although all those E's I took back in the late 90s might have helped somewhat!