Russell Brand On Gambling

Rocknrolla

11 minutes ago, lucy_tgc said:

At 1:03 i thought in the same sort of way until Ryan came crashing into the community on a mad one and very slowly i think i realised i was wrong

Sadly I wasn't around when Ryan made his mark.... I do truly believe that without his input, trolling, madness or whatever it was, things would be much worse! 

He has a fan in me for sure, and i have much respect for the guy. He hates people being nice to him which is a bonus ? 

• Keeemon 1

@Jok3st3r

How i remember it was one day Ryan and 2 others just randomly appeared on a stream going f**king mad about affiliation. Then loads of arguments kicked off, Ryan did a few meanie videos which were actually funny looking back at it because he knew exactly what he was doing and saying to get the required people to listen. Then one of those other people decided to become an slot affiliate himself the other was just f**king mental and basically just wanted to be a streamer streaming random s**t and then went awol ?. And Ryan just stuck to being himself and what he believed in and turned up on the TGC, which was a boss move imo compared to the others because he didn't sell out what he was trying to do. But yeah from what i remember it was a mental few months and the best entrance to joining the gambling community i've ever seen. He basically walked int throwing punches. And i get what you're saying about how he hates people being nice to him. The first time i said something nice he sent me a nice message thanking me and i could tell he felt uncomfortable with it so i just blanked him haha

I might try and troll him by being nice on every comment he puts lol

Edited by lucy_tgc
  • Keeemon 1

Guest Chair Slots
5 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

This vid is pretty old, he has a pop at the UKGC for not doing anything about irresponsible practices and using PR talk, but 5 years on they've done shit loads.

1 hour ago, Chair Slots said:

This vid is pretty old, he has a pop at the UKGC for not doing anything about irresponsible practices and using PR talk, but 5 years on they've done shit loads.

Yes i know its an old vid, I was just highlighting he seems has an interest in the problem, which can only be a good thing as he is still talking about now...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2019 at 15:43, Chair Slots said:

"The object of your addiction can never fulfill the pledge it’s making."

Deep.

I think the opposite is true.

If the object (thing/target/focus) of your addiction (gambling) is to instantly give pleasure, comfort and escapism, then the pledge (promise/assurance/guarantee) of addiction (gambling) is to instantly relieve pain, stress and reality.

Addiction (gambling) will do this effectively. At the cost of long-term consequences.

The object of your addiction will always be fulfilled by the pledge it's making.

That's why it's difficult.

Harder to face the pain, stress and reality long-term than it is to block it all instantly.