Russell Brand On Gambling

Rocknrolla

I hate the guy, but of course what he says is true, wont really help a lot of people though just telling us what it is. The fact is gambling will never go away unless governments clamp down on it, which isnt going to happen. So there will always be people suffering because of it. I guess having celebrities get involved in support groups/advice can only be a good thing for a wider understanding/acceptance of it, so fair play if he keeps going with his videos on the subject.

• Keeemon 1

7 minutes ago, Brownman24 said:

He done a podcast with Joe Rogan recently that was really cool, available on YT

Yeah that was a decent podcast i watched it and the other day Russel Brand seems more relaxed now compared to how he was, well that's what i got from watching that podcast

• Keeemon 2

1 minute ago, lucy_tgc said:

Yeah that was a decent podcast i watched it and the other day Russel Brand seems more relaxed now compared to how he was, well that's what i got from watching that podcast

Yeah he use to have like zero chill but he seems a lot more at one with his thoughts 

• Keeemon 1

I always do wonder why lot's of people can drink socially and some get addicted, why many people can enjoy placing a bet on a match and some have no limits once they start. Are there social issues laying underneath, is it personality or both? There was this other topic with some 'Gary' telling about his gambling addiction, but mentioning he was addicted to drugs as well. ' ' 'These addictions must to be symptoms of something deeper' is my first thought. Maybe I'm kicking open doors here, but I find gambling addiction very curious; you know that the house always wins on the long run and there is no substance entering your body that keeps you addicted. Is it the 'I need one more win to make up for what I lost and then I quit' thought?

I must say I have been somewhat addicted to World of Warcraft, always wanting to see what would 'drop' (which is essentially the same as a slot). But I feel like I never lost the ability to look to my behaviour from 'the outside' and judge what I was actually doing. Although it did cost my a year delay in college and I lost my gf..

46 minutes ago, howfin said:

I hate the guy, but of course what he says is true, wont really help a lot of people though just telling us what it is. The fact is gambling will never go away unless governments clamp down on it, which isnt going to happen. So there will always be people suffering because of it. I guess having celebrities get involved in support groups/advice can only be a good thing for a wider understanding/acceptance of it, so fair play if he keeps going with his videos on the subject.

On the one hand I understand the call out for forbidding gambling all together, on the other (liberal) hand I feel that people should be entitled to choose how to spend their money. 

• Keeemon 4

1 hour ago, Brownman24 said:

He done a podcast with Joe Rogan recently that was really cool, available on YT

Yeah mate, watched it a few nights ago. Not sure what to make of him, but there are things that he says that are worth listening too. There's also a ton of crap. But it was a good podcast from Joe.

• Keeemon 2

Used to really like Russell but he went right off the boil, he was also doing stand up but the paying public were not happy as at one gig he took out a newspaper and just started TRYING to make fun of some stories, the atmosphere went dead and people just thought FECK THIS and started leaving.

He just over cooks explanations with a multitude of words many people don't understand,  he does make a lot of sense and I feel would grab a bigger audience if he just toned it down a touch, but I don't think he's capable of that.

He was also found out a while ago when he was banging on about the homeless and how he was trying to help them but it was just another novelty celeb stunt that backfired on him as he returned to his plush multi-million pound London apartment.

I went right off him many years ago 

Edited by Bangers

15 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

Very intelligent guy and funny what's not to like...not seen much about him lately. Will check that video later. 

I think at the start of any party he'd be good company 

But i have a tendency to also think a-head to the middle of the party or even the end 

You would only hear on voice 

14 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Now because of my own nature in the video Russell at 01:16 uses the word metastasise 

How many know what that word means ?

Don't use google or a dictionary 

Russle.PNG

Unfortunately I only know what it means as my mate died from stage 4 cancer.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bangers said:

He was also found out a while ago when he was banging on about the homeless and how he was trying to help them but it was just another novelty celeb stunt that backfired on him as he returned to his plush multi-million pound London apartment.

I seen an old video on youtube a while back where he took in a homeless person for a few days and it felt like he was just doing it to take the pee and humiliate him at the time. Maybe he was maybe he wasn't but it definitely looked like it to me, is that what you're going on about that video he did for a tv programme?

• Shocked! 1

42 minutes ago, Bangers said:

I think at the start of any party he'd be good company 

But i have a tendency to also think a-head to the middle of the party or even the end 

You would only hear on voice 

He certainly wouldn't be the last one standing at a party if bangers was there that's for sure..

• Love 1

1 minute ago, lucy_tgc said:

I seen an old video on youtube a while back where he took in a homeless person for a few days and it felt like he was just doing it to take the pee and humiliate him at the time. Maybe he was maybe he wasn't but it definitely looked like it to me, is that what you're going on about that video he did for a tv programme?

Could well be 

I'm not knocking the guy as he does talk sense and the minute people start going all spiritual my brain can't process or understand it, but that could be my own problem 

2 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

He certainly wouldn't be the last one standing at a party if bangers was there that's for sure..

He does talk sense but he can drift into utter bollocks that even my head can't make sense of,  that could be my own lack of understanding or education 

1 or 2hr's of him YES

But a day ........Mmmmmmmmm