Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

13 minutes ago, Robiff said:

I like it when a top Jockey goes to a track for just one ride which points me at Widnes in the 4:55 at wolves with Atzeni on.  

EDIT He isn't on it anymore :tear:

Myth. Same as the horses travelling long distances to run. The first is often a case of obligation from the jockey mixed with some misfortune at the agent being unable to book them anymore rides. Horses travelling long distances, lots of trainers don't give a shite and will book horses to ride in any race that matches their criteria for that particular horse, at the end of the day its the owner incurring all the travelling costs. I mean it might be a positive that they think its a good race for the horse but it usually just means that there wasn't a similar race closer to home that week.

2 minutes ago, Mikey3175 said:

I must be Mental then Denman old Boy. Backed a few off yours last night and ended up with a couple off hundred beans in my Arse pocket!!!

I don't want to know about your arse pocket squire. It sounds filthy!! :crywithlaughter:

Guest Miller26
2 minutes ago, Denman said:

Myth. Same as the horses travelling long distances to run. The first is often a case of obligation from the jockey mixed with some misfortune at the agent being unable to book them anymore rides. Horses travelling long distances, lots of trainers don't give a shite and will book horses to ride in any race that matches their criteria for that particular horse, at the end of the day its the owner incurring all the travelling costs. I mean it might be a positive that they think its a good race for the horse but it usually just means that there wasn't a similar race closer to home that week.

Always had a guy that used to tell me back the longest travelers . In my opinion it works against them sometimes 

Totally understand what you are saying buddy however sometimes I think there are some flags that should be looked at, for example cheltenham last week Nico was at Towcester for one ride (on the Thursday I believe) on a fairly short one which won.  Granted it wasn't much of a price at the off but still did make me think it was a bit of a given.

1 minute ago, Robiff said:

Totally understand what you are saying buddy however sometimes I think there are some flags that should be looked at, for example cheltenham last week Nico was at Towcester for one ride (on the Thursday I believe) on a fairly short one which won.  Granted it wasn't much of a price at the off but still did make me think it was a bit of a given.

It might serve as some form of indicator, I don't keep records of such things nor do I know anyone that does. However I do know that jockeys will often be obligated to ride these horses they are going to a meeting for, even if its the only ride that they have. 

4 minutes ago, Denman said:

I have done the outside in this next race at Chepstow, marked up as overpriced. Looks a decent class 4 though. 

The arsehole on this horse is just harassing it... oh well, it never finished last :crywithlaughter:

Guest Miller26

Tonight’s selections 

rocket ronnie 6.15

glory awaits 7.15

van Huysen 6.45

mythical spirit 8.15

Edited by Miller26

10 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

Origan gift absolutely pissed it get the fuck in 

Seems like you're having a good day! But I really want to educate you on why you shouldn't do favourites/short prices, albeit you aren't going to pay much attention when they are winning for you!! Well done :-) 

3 minutes ago, Denman said:

Seems like you're having a good day! But I really want to educate you on why you shouldn't do favourites/short prices, albeit you aren't going to pay much attention when they are winning for you!! Well done :-) 

Agreed I fully understand not betting on odds horses I purely Done it just for extra spending money.  I absolute hate Betting on favourites but in some races there was nobody close to beaten them but hey I'm all ears x

Guest Miller26
16 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Im glad someone is im having a terrible day so far :rolleyes:

Come on villa lad it’s takes one to turn it around. You have a bet tonight mate

Guest Miller26
10 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy finally :bigsmile: not losing anything for the day now so all is good 

Did you have a winner?