Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

@Kinkerbells   have you watched Upping the Ante the Racing Post on youtube ?   I am not to sure about David Jennings but gGavin Lynch certainly knows his stuff.   Racing Uk also do a cheltenham series as well I think.

Be wary of the preview nights I watch them for fun but most are likely to not tell you anything you do not already know and also they will not tell you  what has a big chance in the handicaps.

Most of them boys will put up Honeysuckle for the champion hurdle like they are doing you a favour !

• Puke! 1

58 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

@Kinkerbells   have you watched Upping the Ante the Racing Post on youtube ?   I am not to sure about David Jennings but gGavin Lynch certainly knows his stuff.   Racing Uk also do a cheltenham series as well I think.

Be wary of the preview nights I watch them for fun but most are likely to not tell you anything you do not already know and also they will not tell you  what has a big chance in the handicaps.

Most of them boys will put up Honeysuckle for the champion hurdle like they are doing you a favour !

Isn't it unfair such a good mare like honey needs or gets -7lbs. 

In her last race that Elliot horse beginning with Z would have been away closer or beat her only for extra weight.

I wouldn't want to back her for CH at her price , the likes of the Elliot horse EW will be a safer bet in case she does finally have a bad day.

• Keeemon 1

41 minutes ago, Cleandries said:

In her last race that Elliot horse beginning with Z would have been away closer or beat her only for extra weight.

I wouldn't want to back her for CH at her price , the likes of the Elliot horse EW will be a safer bet in case she does finally have a bad day.

Honeysuckle will not get beat ! I would never back a horse at that price so will just enjoy the race . My horse for the whole meeting is shishkin I absolutely love this horse and will not look past anything other than him.

1 hour ago, philinvicta said:

There is like a zoom thingy on Twitter every Sunday till cheltenham where anyone can join and say what they fancy and then debate it . I really enjoyed yesterday’s . It doesn’t matter what others say or tip I’ll always back myself it’s just nice to hear other opinions and views. 

13 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Maye this article answers your question re the Mare 7lb allowance

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/if-the-7lb-allowance-for-mares-is-unfair-it-is-because-it-is-insufficient/537979

This suggests it should be more and Honeysuckle just benefits from being a top class mare against a very poor set of 2mile male hurdlers

Edited by philinvicta

2 hours ago, philinvicta said:

Maye this article answers your question re the Mare 7lb allowance

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/if-the-7lb-allowance-for-mares-is-unfair-it-is-because-it-is-insufficient/537979

This suggests it should be more and Honeysuckle just benefits from being a top class mare against a very poor set of 2mile male hurdlers

In general maybe but when it comes to top class mares its completely unfair 

46 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

In general maybe but when it comes to top class mares its completely unfair 

If you abolish it you do not get to see top class mares.  The only reason there are more mares racing is that they have brought in a mares only series of  races. Honeysuckle is the only mare  that people are looking at   there are very few top class mares over fences that are winning races   even the one in the novice chases in Ireland  Riviere D'Etel   is not winning despite getting lots of weight.

It would be a shame to reduce the racing population of mares due to one great mare .   There have been good mares in the past such as Flakey Dove Solerina  and Dawn Run  who also would not have won without getting weight.

Edited by philinvicta

27 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

If you abolish it you do not get to see top class mares.  The only reason there are more mares racing is that they have brought in a mares only series of  races. Honeysuckle is the only mare  that people are looking at   there are very few top class mares over fences that are winning races   even the one in the novice chases in Ireland  Riviere D'Etel   is not winning despite getting lots of weight.

It would be a shame to reduce the racing population of mares due to one great mare .   There have been good mares in the past such as Flakey Dove Solerina  and Dawn Run  who also would not have won without getting weight.

''It would be a shame to reduce the racing population of mares due to one great mare .   There have been good mares in the past such as Flakey Dove Solerina  and Dawn Run  who also would not have won without getting weight''

By your own definition your saying its not fair but a necessity to keep mares in racing, which is fair enough but doesn't make it a level playing field at all when it comes to top class mares 

No chance put the kettle on is winning them two cheltenham races without an allowance 

If I was an owner of nube negra getting beat half a lenght in a grade 1 race giving the winner 7 pounds it would be hard to see my horse as second best 

1 minute ago, 4houghts said:

''It would be a shame to reduce the racing population of mares due to one great mare .   There have been good mares in the past such as Flakey Dove Solerina  and Dawn Run  who also would not have won without getting weight''

By your own definition your saying its not fair but a necessity to keep mares in racing, which is fair enough but doesn't make it a level playing field at all when it comes to top class mares 

No chance put the kettle on is winning them two cheltenham races without an allowance 

If I was an owner of nube negra getting beat half a lenght in a grade 1 race giving the winner 7 pounds it would be hard to see my horse as second best 

It is fair there have been very few mares winning  top class races.   Every time a mare comes along like Honeysuckle  everybody bitches because she gets an allowance. The same thing happens on the flat  but theses mares are very few and far between.   

It is the same when a good young horse comes along that gets allowances   and starts to win because of the allowance,

The piece from the racing post makes it clear that  mares are generally 14lb worse than the geldings.

If both geldings and mares had to to race off the same marks I think very few mares would run in the races at all . Remember Honeysuckle was only moved to the champion hurdle due to the poor level of runners in the champion hurdle  even in this years race the official ratings of the entries is very low.

Put The Kettle  On  and Nube Negra  were also in a very poor Champion Chase compared to other renewals of the race.

5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

It is fair there have been very few mares winning  top class races.   Every time a mare comes along like Honeysuckle  everybody bitches because she gets an allowance. The same thing happens on the flat  but theses mares are very few and far between.   

It is the same when a good young horse comes along that gets allowances   and starts to win because of the allowance,

If both geldings and mares had to to race off the same marks I think very few mares would run in the races at all . Remember Honeysuckle was only moved to the champion hurdle due to the poor level of runners in the champion hurdle  even in this years race the official ratings of the entries is very low.

Put The Kettle  On  and Nube Negra  were also in a very poor Champion Chase compared to other renewals of the race.

The piece from the racing post makes it clear that  mares are generally 14lb worse than the geldings.''

Right but you still haven't explained how its fair? 

That's an average so when a top class mare does come along e.g annie power who would of won regardless of weight 

It makes the race a complete mockery 

All it does it give a slight hope for average mares and gives top class mares a complete advantage over the rest of the field. 

50 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

The piece from the racing post makes it clear that  mares are generally 14lb worse than the geldings.''

Right but you still haven't explained how its fair? 

That's an average so when a top class mare does come along e.g annie power who would of won regardless of weight 

It makes the race a complete mockery 

All it does it give a slight hope for average mares and gives top class mares a complete advantage over the rest of the field. 

The  analysis was only done on horses over a certain rating   all others would  be likely running in handicaps so it is not of any relevance.  The mares only get allowances in top class races and this was brought in to correct a perceived imbalance and ironically the first to really benefit was Dawn Run.

If you look at Greyhound racing where bitches and dogs run of level terms then only one or two have ever won the greyhound derby for instance.  It also means that a lot of well bred bitches do not race or have very short careers as they are just sent to the breeding sheds.

I do not see how you can say that if gives top class mares a huge advantage because over the years there have been very few  Mares who have managed to win even with the allowance

Edited by philinvicta

Alright folks 😎 

ive been given good word about a horse for tommorow evening, ive been told last time out it was at 75% fitness & they are expecting it to win. they have said it will probably go off favourite.

as always don’t shoot the messenger, im just passing the word on to you lot so hopefully we can all cash in if it wins 😎 

also if anyone finds a price for it this morning can you let me know, on bet365 which i use it will be up tonight i think.

445 Southwell - Muhalhel

• Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 4

42 minutes ago, ScouseSi said:

Alright folks 😎 

ive been given good word about a horse for tommorow evening, ive been told last time out it was at 75% fitness & they are expecting it to win. they have said it will probably go off favourite.

as always don’t shoot the messenger, im just passing the word on to you lot so hopefully we can all cash in if it wins 😎 

also if anyone finds a price for it this morning can you let me know, on bet365 which i use it will be up tonight i think.

445 Southwell - Muhalhel

Billy Hills has it chalked up at 9/2

• Keeemon 1