Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

30 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

No Idea if the meeting is going to go ahead but 15:38 Ascot - waiting patiently 20-1 

Lost quite a bit on this horse in the past but it does have some class and has had a lot of excuses/bad luck in its career 

Back to his best trip in a field that's probably the weakest he has been in for a while 

His results over Ascot 

win - against cue card   2m 5F

2nd - against a prime cyrname  2M 5F

2nd - staying on well 2M 1F 

Change of jockey might spark something out of him also not saying Brian Hughes is bad but some of the rides have been meh

each way 

I'm personally on fanion d'estruval if it goes ahead.

So Gavin Sheehan been jocked off Saint Calvados,

yet Bryony still gets to ride for Nicholls after shocking riding in king George, & twice at Dublin festival (frondon & Greaneteen) 

• Chaching! 1

1 hour ago, Cleandries said:

I'm personally on fanion d'estruval if it goes ahead.

So Gavin Sheehan been jocked off Saint Calvados,

yet Bryony still gets to ride for Nicholls after shocking riding in king George, & twice at Dublin festival (frondon & Greaneteen) 

Forecast is rain which helps waiting patiently, Bryony is a very one trick pony kind of rider not a fan tbh but she does get a tune out of Frodon 

8 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

Forecast is rain which helps waiting patiently, Bryony is a very one trick pony kind of rider not a fan tbh but she does get a tune out of Frodon 

I dunno what’s happened to bryony recently she’s a bit all over the place . She done me proud midweek on cut the mustard but that day for her generally was bad for her . Maybe it’s just me but she’s just not herself x

On 18/02/2022 at 15:57, 4houghts said:

No Idea if the meeting is going to go ahead but 15:38 Ascot - waiting patiently 20-1 

Lost quite a bit on this horse in the past but it does have some class and has had a lot of excuses/bad luck in its career 

Back to his best trip in a field that's probably the weakest he has been in for a while 

His results over Ascot 

win - against cue card   2m 5F

2nd - against a prime cyrname  2M 5F

2nd - staying on well 2M 1F 

Change of jockey might spark something out of him also not saying Brian Hughes is bad but some of the rides have been meh

each way 

Something not right with the horse fella 

Purely IMO a horse is best left well alone if it's not got round 2 appearances in a row 

My Dad sometimes said that certain horses just work things out and just refuse to put in any great effort running around a track again 

• Keeemon 1

38 minutes ago, Kinkerbells said:

I need help again.it’s ludicrous the difference between odds with different bookies

The walk in shop odds are always a touch shorter than online, had this discussion with a few people that disagree, I built up a really good relationship with a couple of decent managers with Ladjokes who would always take my bets,  only once or twice did they need to make a call but both were spot on, one is now on the move around various shops and sadly the other took a Job abroad a few weeks ago,  both missed but sometimes those changes are for the best. 

The remaining staff now are just not for me,  not bad people but just not for me. 

The big fella that took the new Job was also a gambler and yes even though I've had many sore ones he would always jump onboard with whatever I went in to bet, Id even stick on the odd free bet for him as a thanks for sorting where the bigger cash was going. 

We didn't really get on at the start but that was just a bad day on my part,  he was a really cool big guy and would give you a few good stories. 

Crowd of us went down to Blackpool back in 2016 or 2017 and had some giggle, the manager then was a girl who has since left to be a mum etc,  she booked the digs and the place was a dump so I left and booked into another place I knew,  the jokes about the hotel they stayed at were side splitting,  was a cracking weekend that. 

Edited by Bangers

12 hours ago, Kinkerbells said:

I need help again.it’s ludicrous the difference between odds with different bookies. Who are people going to to bet with at cheltenham?

I recently opened account with SBK .I think they're very good & offer even better odds than BF.

two examples

Saturday I backed mill green 28/1 £10 Ew, but always put 2/3rds the stake for a place so was going to put another £10 on BF at 5. Or 4/1 for three places,  then said to myself see what SBK is offering which was 8/1 for first three which I instantly took 

The other example is today's 3.40 Taunton, timberman which is generally 11/4, but is 7/2 on SBK.

My SBK account is doing pretty good just from doing 2/3rds the stakes for a place, by doing so I still make profit for a near misses. opposed to just getting your money back going Ew.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cleandries said:

I recently opened account with SBK .I think they're very good & offer even better odds than BF.

two examples

Saturday I backed mill green 28/1 £10 Ew, but always put 2/3rds the stake for a place so was going to put another £10 on BF at 5. Or 4/1 for three places,  then said to myself see what SBK is offering which was 8/1 for first three which I instantly took 

The other example is today's 3.40 Taunton, timberman which is generally 11/4, but is 7/2 on SBK.

My SBK account is doing pretty good just from doing 2/3rds the stakes for a place, by doing so I still make profit for a near misses. opposed to just getting your money back going Ew.

I signed up for their bet £40 lose and get cash refund which is the best promo i've seen in a while. 

Petit Tonnerre 8/11 in a terribly average race 3 runner race could be interesting today, holds a triumph hurdle entry (50/1) I can't see it not winning with the Jonjo O'neill JP team.

Edited by Quicksave1

1 hour ago, Quicksave1 said:

I signed up for their bet £40 lose and get cash refund which is the best promo i've seen in a while. 

Petit Tonnerre 8/11 in a terribly average race 3 runner race could be interesting today, holds a triumph hurdle entry (50/1) I can't see it not winning with the Jonjo O'neill JP team.

JJ O Neill snr is a serious gangster who pulls the majority of his horses & then let's them go at big odds 

Take no heed of his horses form as they have lots in hand by time of valuable races!

1 hour ago, Cleandries said:

JJ O Neill snr is a serious gangster who pulls the majority of his horses & then let's them go at big odds 

Take no heed of his horses form as they have lots in hand by time of valuable races!

JP isn't gonna let that happen at all, this horses french form is strong and i'm sure he paid a wedge for it. 

Any other owner i'd normally agree

3 hours ago, Cleandries said:

It was ridden like a horse they didn't want to win by a lot and be punished by the handicapper. Nearly blew it by holding the horse that long