Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

Just now, 4houghts said:

Same colours as Revolutionise yesterday 

Yes, they are Tom Morleys colours, his family own a lot of horses. He seems to buy a lot of 3-5year olds in the sales. Usually all around £20-30k.

I had dodged this next race as the favourite looks decent enough. But Xian Express is one thats been on my radar, its a difficult one to judge as its not beat a great deal in the prior runs, its weakness in the betting kind of makes it appealing to me in some ways even though better judgement says its one to dodge.

3 minutes ago, Denman said:

I had dodged this next race as the favourite looks decent enough. But Xian Express is one thats been on my radar, its a difficult one to judge as its not beat a great deal in the prior runs, its weakness in the betting kind of makes it appealing to me in some ways even though better judgement says its one to dodge.

no luck today DM? not had chance to look today. Be on board tomorrow if anyone is around.

Just now, Crunchie said:

no luck today DM? not had chance to look today. Be on board tomorrow if anyone is around.

No I did really like one in the last race and will watch out for it again. Not overly enamoured with the rest of the card. I haven't done this Xian Express so I suspect it will win. Aside from that the rest of the card, I was looking at Final Legacy again.

2 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

fav turned over, tapeta debut 

Not saying it was the case with that particular horse. But Newcastle for whatever reason really works against the front runners. Also a lot of jockeys seem to ride Newcastle pretty poorly (although Ben Curtis shouldn't fall into that category, he will probably be one of the better ones).

1 minute ago, Denman said:

Not saying it was the case with that particular horse. But Newcastle for whatever reason really works against the front runners. Also a lot of jockeys seem to ride Newcastle pretty poorly (although Ben Curtis shouldn't fall into that category, he will probably be one of the better ones).

That Lingfield form is always a bit dodgy I feel that bend on the course is like a slingshot for the front runners

3 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

That Lingfield form is always a bit dodgy I feel that bend on the course is like a slingshot for the front runners

Of course unlike Lingfield, Newcastle having the straight mile arguably makes it one of the fairest courses. It should in theory really favour the best horse as opposed to suiting a horse that runs in a particular way, or a particular stall. Yet its still not entirely true, as I have so far been led to believe that you want an inside line at Newcastle as opposed to running down the middle, why that is... I don't know, it certainly shouldn't be the case, maybe its just the mentality of the jockeys that they veer towards the rail, who knows.

I will say that with Lingfield there is the whole shite you hear from pundits and most punters that a wide stall draw is a death sentence. I actually think draw is pretty irrelevant at Lingfield, it is much more of a factor at Kempton, and Wolverhampton.

7 hours ago, 4houghts said:

Huntingdon Bets:

1. High Up In The Air 

2. Xcitations 

3. Goodbye Dancer 

4. Casablanca Mix 

5. Hurricane Arcadio 

6. Third Time Lucki 

Jonjo O’Neill’s SERMANDO 14/1 has caught the eye on more than one occasion, notably at Exeter on New Year’s Day when a patiently-ridden 14-1 third. I had expected more on his handicap debut and first start following wind surgery at Plumpton latest but he could never get involved behind odds-on favourite Lightly Squeeze. There’s nothing of that calibre in the 2.00 at Huntingdon today and we might finally get to see the best of him over hurdles now that he steps up in trip.AM-- GL with balllicker Xcticunt though

• Facepalm! 1
  • Good Luck! 1