Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

Just now, Crunchienut said:

your useless Phil hahaha.  you watching then? I heard Limerick were faves thats all i know.

@1pstaker how did your daughter get into an Irish sport? not something she would have played at school for sure??

My 2 oldest girls live in Ireland, the mum took them there about 11 years ago now. Really proud of them both though, even though its obviously been a difficult relationship with them over the years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

your useless Phil hahaha.  you watching then? I heard Limerick were faves thats all i know.

@1pstaker how did your daughter get into an Irish sport? not something she would have played at school for sure??

Well I do know Limerick are not playing ?    It is Kilkenny v Tipperary    1 point between the teams at half time.   Going to watch second half .   I expect a  draw and a replay

Just now, philinvicta said:

Hopefully just a blip and you will  have many finals in future to watch her play.   Being Cork Camogie  I have no doubt there will be good days for her ahead.

Being from Galway I cannot be too upset with yesterdays result though !

At least someone got some joy from it lol. My  daughter joined the set up at 14. Went through the ranks and finally won the intermediate title last year, as well as the soaring star award. She went the championship season without conceding a goal. She played many many times for the seniors, since s he was 17, and now having won the intermediate she can only play seniors. Aoife Murray is Cork goalie and if you know Camogie obviously you know all about her. But only a matter of time til she retires I think, at least that what I keep telling my daughter lol.

4 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

At least someone got some joy from it lol. My  daughter joined the set up at 14. Went through the ranks and finally won the intermediate title last year, as well as the soaring star award. She went the championship season without conceding a goal. She played many many times for the seniors, since s he was 17, and now having won the intermediate she can only play seniors. Aoife Murray is Cork goalie and if you know Camogie obviously you know all about her. But only a matter of time til she retires I think, at least that what I keep telling my daughter lol.

Aoife Murray is 35 so I would expect she will retire soon I see from google she has won 9 all Irelands which is a huge total but Cork Camogie has been very strong for a good while.

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Aoife Murray is 35 so I would expect she will retire soon I see from google she has won 9 all Irelands which is a huge total but Cork Camogie has been very strong for a good while.

My daughter has 3 I think, albeit as a sub. But as i say she got her intermediate one last year. Paudie Murray the coach is Aoife's brother, I am sure that has something to do with her still playing!!

@1pstaker  if your daughter has played in finals at Croke that must have been some experience for her ,   It never ceases to amaze me how the young kids perform so well in front of such big crowds..  

Croke Park holds over 80000  and it is always sold out for the finals of the Hurling and the Gaelic Football

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

@1pstaker  if your daughter has played in finals at Croke that must have been some experience for her ,   It never ceases to amaze me how the young kids perform so well in front of such big crowds..  

Croke Park holds over 80000  and it is always sold out for the finals of the Hurling and the Gaelic Football

She played there on numerous occasions, usually about 15-20000 for the girls finals. Pic last years final, daughter in the middle

image.png.9395fbb278f0f076a8765d35cda7b4de.png

Edited by 1pstaker
  • Puke! 5

5 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

@Garryboy001 long tome no see......nice win btw

no love for the footy comp this year?

Hope things are good with you

I love the footy comps mate, just couldn't be sure I'd be around every week just now to put selections etc so I didn't want to waste anyone's time by saying I'm in then not being there. 

I'll defo be in the next one tho buddy 

6 minutes ago, Garryboy001 said:

I love the footy comps mate, just couldn't be sure I'd be around every week just now to put selections etc so I didn't want to waste anyone's time by saying I'm in then not being there. 

I'll defo be in the next one tho buddy 

No worries, changing it up this first part of the season, especially as we have twice the numbers now. But every 10 weeks there will be a new comp, I will send you a reminder ?

Just now, Crunchienut said:

think he's needed at Lords DM   :Mutley:

I am watching it from the comfort of my sofa and even I am on edge because of Archers bouncers.

1 minute ago, Denman said:

I am watching it from the comfort of my sofa and even I am on edge because of Archers bouncers.

it was a long shot for us to win the game, but he makes so much difference to the side and he makes you believe its possible to win. His deliveries earlier were just too good, a bit of luck he could have had 4 or 5 wickets.

Just a pity our batting is so shit. They really the best we got?

2 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

it was a long shot for us to win the game, but he makes so much difference to the side and he makes you believe its possible to win. His deliveries earlier were just too good, a bit of luck he could have had 4 or 5 wickets.

Just a pity our batting is so shit. They really the best we got?

I am not as into cricket as I used to be, but I look at the line up and I see a lot of flashy batsmen now. Previous iterations of our test team maybe featured one of them. Now we have maybe 3 of them in the same team. Of course its great when they click but when they don't, you're looking at a quick mid order collapse. One of the only saving graces is the depth of the batting is pretty impressive.

16 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Even though we're going to draw this game i think we can take alot of confidence into the next test. The way archer bowls and typical Stokes bottle. The fight and will is definitely there. Can't wait for the next one. 

Could be  fun for the last few overs with 6 down

Aussies really need Smith  to make a fist of the next couple of tests