Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

4 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

Well he sat at the back and lost, quite simple lol

Okay I have just watched the race. The horse didn't run on all that well, was never getting to the leaders. If you had no idea of the prices and watched that race you wouldn't be looking at that horse thinking it were the favourite at any point in that race. Perhaps some of that can credited to the jockey but only so much. Its obviously a decent enough horse, ran a good race in the Derby in fairness (never should have been favourite), won the Chester Vase impressively, you'd be expecting it to win races like that tonight, but it never really looked like it was in the race. Theres potentially a million and one different reasons as to why that is and we will never know for sure, but I am not sure the jockey is all that much to blame.

It is testament as to why favourite backing is a mugs game. If you're backing something at those odds you're probably thinking you're pretty much on a sure thing. Previous Derby favourite, top trainer, top jockey, bit of a weak race... but as we all know (hopefully) every horse is there to be beat if its not 100%, if conditions aren't perfect etc. Its why you rarely see these unbeaten horses ala Black Caviar, Frankel.

15 minutes ago, Denman said:

Okay I have just watched the race. The horse didn't run on all that well, was never getting to the leaders. If you had no idea of the prices and watched that race you wouldn't be looking at that horse thinking it were the favourite at any point in that race. Perhaps some of that can credited to the jockey but only so much. Its obviously a decent enough horse, ran a good race in the Derby in fairness (never should have been favourite), won the Chester Vase impressively, you'd be expecting it to win races like that tonight, but it never really looked like it was in the race. Theres potentially a million and one different reasons as to why that is and we will never know for sure, but I am not sure the jockey is all that much to blame.

It is testament as to why favourite backing is a mugs game. If you're backing something at those odds you're probably thinking you're pretty much on a sure thing. Previous Derby favourite, top trainer, top jockey, bit of a weak race... but as we all know (hopefully) every horse is there to be beat if its not 100%, if conditions aren't perfect etc. Its why you rarely see these unbeaten horses ala Black Caviar, Frankel.

it was a warm up race plain and simple moore didn't break a sweat on it 

3 hours ago, 4houghts said:

Had a whisper about a horses in the 3.35 newbury on Saturday, pm me if you want to follow not saying its going to win tho... but good enough prices for each way. 

Doesn't feel right just posting the tip on the forum so any tom dick and harry can view who don't even contribute to the forum. 

bump, sent pm to a few people who i recognise and where online gl if following. 

• Keeemon 1

Todays little bash....

RIPON PP   1  -  3,5,12,17  -  1  -  7,8,13,16  -  5,7  -  2,7   10p

NEWB  PP  -  1,5  -  2,Fav  -  1,4  -  1,6,7  -  3,6,7  -  1,5   5p

couple of small trebles in the extra place races.....

ew Trebles   2.05 Rip (2x)   Royal Prospect  12/1,  3.15Rip (2x) Gulliver  25/1  and Donncha  10/1 Rip4.25(x)

ew treble  2.05 Rip Lucky Lucky Man 14/1, Global tango 18/1 2.45Newm (5pl)  and  Musicka 14/1 3.15 Rip

Labrisa breeze 22/1 3.35Newb and Gulliver  25/1 3.15 Rip  ew double

• Keeemon 1

Having a pop today with some PP's. All written out at work, and finish in a minute so will put on on the way home ?

Ponte - 10,   1-2-8,   1-2-3,   2-7,   1-2-3,   3-7    £5.40

South - 2-7,   1-2,   1-3,   1-4,   5-6-8,   1    £4.80

Tramore - 3-8,   1,   1-2-7-8,   3,   1-4-12,   2-3   £4.80

Deauville - 5-6,   5-10,   1-2-6-11,   1-7,   4,   1-2   £3.20

Best of luck if anyone having a play today

• Chaching! 2
  • Keeemon 1

25 minutes ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Anyone had a look today?

In the 3.30 at Pontefract "Perfection" seems to be the most popular - SDS on for O'Meara - whilst Tudhope is on "Last Empire". Is Tudhope retained by the owners of Last Empire? This happens a lot with him these days.

I will be having a small e/w punt on maygold in that race. First try in listed company so it’s a tough ask but the horse has been in my tracker a long while. It has won on soft ground before so just maybe a little sniff of place.

• Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Anyone had a look today?

In the 3.30 at Pontefract "Perfection" seems to be the most popular - SDS on for O'Meara - whilst Tudhope is on "Last Empire". Is Tudhope retained by the owners of Last Empire? This happens a lot with him these days.

yep he has 3 rides in the grey silks today and he is riding for O'meara for David Lumley & Partner in the blue silks 

Edited by 4houghts
  • Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

@Crunchienut  the hurling bet lost :feelsbadman:

Talking of hurling, my daughters team Cork lost their semi final yesterday ?  It will be the first time in I think 5 years that I wont be watching her in a final on the telly. She was on the bench yesterday though, the 'legend' of goalkeeping in ladies hurling is who she is being primed to take over from.

4 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

Talking of hurling, my daughters team Cork lost their semi final yesterday ?  It will be the first time in I think 5 years that I wont be watching her in a final on the telly. She was on the bench yesterday though, the 'legend' of goalkeeping in ladies hurling is who she is being primed to take over from.

Hopefully just a blip and you will  have many finals in future to watch her play.   Being Cork Camogie  I have no doubt there will be good days for her ahead.

Being from Galway I cannot be too upset with yesterdays result though !