Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

@howfin check out the 2.35Ch. Just looking at the Irish horse AR SAORSIE 28/1 . You will have to overlook its last run over the shorter trip at southwell, at track which lots of horses don't take to. But on its previous run in Ireland it lost by 3L to a horse called Hathiq. who was over a stone well in on the ratings with AS, as it was a claimer on that occasion. Hathiq has since gone on and won twice off much higher marks again. If AS runs to that level again he should do well, there is nothing rated within 25lbs of Hathiq in this race. Might be worth a speccy punt? See what you think.

• Keeemon 1

43 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

@howfin check out the 2.35Ch. Just looking at the Irish horse AR SAORSIE 28/1 . You will have to overlook its last run over the shorter trip at southwell, at track which lots of horses don't take to. But on its previous run in Ireland it lost by 3L to a horse called Hathiq. who was over a stone well in on the ratings with AS, as it was a claimer on that occasion. Hathiq has since gone on and won twice off much higher marks again. If AS runs to that level again he should do well, there is nothing rated within 25lbs of Hathiq in this race. Might be worth a speccy punt? See what you think.

Tbh agree with what youre saying but ive been stung by this fuck in the past with similar lines of thought but does seem overpriced for sure. Dont think i can bet it myself but if he strings things together deffo a great bet but think the price is 28s due to his unlikelyness to win being a 25 race maiden.Looks like most in this race struggle to improve though. Not to put you off it or anything i prolly would bet it if i wasnt stung before. Quite like Hello Girl but 5s seems a bit short even though is well treated.

Next up.... 5.30 Chelms. Been looking at AWARDED 20/1. Assuming its last run was to blow away the cobwebs after some months off, it returns to the scene of it's previous run where it finished 2nd over C&D. Todays race is a grade lower and Awarded is carrying 4lb less. It is the only horse in the field that has even been placed over the C&D, plus it has a decent draw. Another one to look at @howfin

Atzeni gone to Chelmsford for one ride.....GLEEFUL in the 4.20. apparently 5/1 3rd fave??? I'm not 100% convinced, but again worth looking at if the market speaks in its favour.

9 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Next up.... 5.30 Chelms. Been looking at AWARDED 20/1. Assuming its last run was to blow away the cobwebs after some months off, it returns to the scene of it's previous run where it finished 2nd over C&D. Todays race is a grade lower and Awarded is carrying 4lb less. It is the only horse in the field that has even been placed over the C&D, plus it has a decent draw. Another one to look at @howfin

Atzeni gone to Chelmsford for one ride.....GLEEFUL in the 4.20. apparently 5/1 3rd fave??? I'm not 100% convinced, but again worth looking at if the market speaks in its favour.

Deffo follow with Awarded way overpricd. Gleeful is 13/8 fav now so yeah interesting he takes one ride but 13/8 uhh cant take that myself

• Agree 1

The problem with Ar  Saoirse is that form that it has doesn’t travel. Runs a lot at Dundalk and has ran previously at Southwell. Both notoriously favourable of course form.  

I’ll be watching Holy Tiber. 

Thats just from a quick glance. 

Hard for sure  but 28s does seem a decent price with Ar S with some credible AW efforts in ireland to the name. Wouldve hoped the yard change to Hobson might have helped with a change of tactics but dont know Clare all that well to be fair, looks like a very small outfit. Hard to know where you stand away from Swell now for the first time since the yard swap, could be worth a pop though in my eyes at small stakes. Its not like that race will take much winning either

13 minutes ago, Douvan said:

The problem with Ar  Saoirse is that form that it has doesn’t travel. Runs a lot at Dundalk and has ran previously at Southwell. Both notoriously favourable of course form.  

I’ll be watching Holy Tiber. 

Thats just from a quick glance. 

Tiber and Daring guest are the 2 most likely winners, and will win soon, but way too short for me. Im looking for value, and thought at the prices AS might nick it from the front or hang on for a place? Only other one Im interested in is Kylukey at 12's from an ew perspective. Will do AS, but may do a speccy r/f with a couple of the other picks if I can't find much else tomorrow.

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, howfin said:

Hard for sure  but 28s does seem a decent price with Ar S with some credible AW efforts in ireland to the name. Wouldve hoped the yard change to Hobson might have helped with a change of tactics but dont know Clare all that well to be fair, looks like a very small outfit. Hard to know where you stand away from Swell now for the first time since the yard swap, could be worth a pop though in my eyes at small stakes. Its not like that race will take much winning either

I've put it in a small speccy bet that;s all, might cling on for a place? who knows?

Not been on here for ages - been scouring the cards today and came up with the following:

225 Redcar - Raksha win

240 Huntingdon - Pershing e/way

410 Redcar - All Muffrih win / Thomas Cranmer e/way with a reverse forecast

425 Huntingdon - Tel D'art win

430 Cartmel - Princeton Royal win

455 Chelmsford - Quick Breath e/way

525 Windsor - My Lady Clare e/way

As usual on a bank holiday there are really short / obvious ones the pick of which for me would be 205 Huntingdon Nimby and 230 Windsor Ivatheengine - so double on them too.

Good luck all!

Bilko

• Chaching! 5

10 hours ago, Douvan said:

Kyllukey caught my eye but I can’t remember why I opted against. I think it might of being awarded the race in April that did it. I’ll have to rewatch some races in the morning. 

You sound like a man in the know Douvan, I await your selections for the bank holiday racing.

9 minutes ago, groundiskey said:

Today's selections Monday 27th May 2019

HORSES
16:10 Redcar - Society Red (11/1)
16:55 Chelmsford - Bawaader (12/1)

There's been some money for Society Red - think I may throw it in as a tricast with my other selctions.

Best of Luck

speccy play number 3, which i've bet on 365 extra places at 25/1 ( first 4 in a 9 horse race).

2.25 Red MEA CULPA...for a start this race could throw up any result imo, lots of guesswork involved with a couple of unraced horses from good yards near the head of the market. but taken a stab on MC that the hood sharpens him up. He has 3L to find with the 2/1 fave In Trutina. and weights are the same, so why is the trainer taking it on again? either to get it a handicap mark for early  season Nursuries or thinks it can get close to the fav this time? MC was slowly away before and lost a few lengths at the start, forcing the jockey to sit in at the back. Today a hood is applied, and with a better break, could be run closer to the pace and give IT a close run. Like i said the fact there are a couple of unraced horses thrown in muddys the waters a tad, but at 25/1 first 4, worth a punt in my eyes? @howfin

• Chaching! 2

Less Speccy play, but had a little play last night on FIRST SITTING 14/1 4.10 Red (x) in the only bigish race on what's otherwise a disappointing bank Holidays racing. Chris Wall 2/4 in the last wk, with one of the winners David Allen was on board. This horse was running pretty well in Group 3 company last season, and won second time out in a listed race off 110. Its had its race to blow away the cobwebs so Im hoping for some improvement today racing off its lowest mark for ages at just 103. I do like a few others ew in here too, which worries me, plus Al Muffrih and Epaulment seem like horses on the upgrade. So its not a confident play by any means, hence i not done it as a single. but its done anyways.

2.00 at Chelms looks tricky for any of the outsiders, as the front 3/4 in the market are all solid, reliable horses likely to run their race. Now its only first 3 in a 15 runner especially. But at big odds i might put Freddy with a Y 28/1 or Navarra princeess 12's in me PP 

Last speccy ew play today. AGUEROO 4.55ch (X) 33/1. wide open race. Horse runs mainly at 6f, but always seems to be staying on and when it runs at 7F hasn't done the biz yet in 5 attempts. Last time it did only lost by 1.5L and is off a lower mark today at a course it has won at. I have faith the horse will at least be trying to score today and I'm in only cos its an extra place race. 3 PP's done Im ready to rumble, unless my boss arrives... Good Luck everyone

• Chaching! 2