Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

Pretty big cluster in the 1420 at Kempton.

A 0-60 and the usual suspects are of course all here. I mean, take your pick on this one. I think for myself I'll chance Deca's Delight at 14/1. Decent enough draw and is sliding in the weights. Obviously not a lot to say about this one, 14 race maiden, but has gone close a couple of times over 7 here so seems a decent price in my eye, considering the sliding mark.

• Chaching! 1

Can't seem to get a winner right now.

The first at Dundalk is really a fuck fest. Nearly all of them have some form of fucking inter-twinging form, so it's hard to make anything from it.

I was going to back No Speed Limit but he's been clipped into 5/2 in the pre markets, so fuck that. As I want to follow that form line here I'll go with Silver Nemo. Was only a snout behind No Speed Limit last month, but did go on to be held a week later by the same rival, so it's a risky bet. Didin't have the best of runs that day though, so it can be forgiven and 10/1 EW seems a good enough price to hope for some sort of bounceback.

Has a long losing run to contend with though.

Interesting first today.

Ryan Sexton has a good record when riding favs, so Calonne is high in the books here, but does seem rather weak in the morning markets. Deputise current favourite after his decent enough run over 6 at Newcastle, behind After John. Did seem to be staying on that day so move to 7 may be the play, but has a rather long losing record to contend with. Free Solo could easily get involved and is on a very good mark but hasnt won in nearly 2 years, so confidence is low. Ajrad would probably be the play at 7/1 dropping back in class after getting smoked in a class 5 latest. Healing Power won easily in july over c/d but since then hasnt really done much, still 4lbs above that winning mark. Weloof is another that is on a good mark if able to put it all together but percentage call says look elsewhere.

As such for me I'm going to chance Sir Sedric. Hard one to have any real big confidence in, as most of these, but did run a well good race over 6f here in August, going well at the turn in but caught 5 wide and keeping on in the closing stages. Did only finish 9th that day but only beaten a few lengths. Would have been closer if wasn't caught so far wide. A small break since latest poor run in September can surely only help. 18/1 EW.

• Chaching! 1

1 hour ago, groundiskey said:

Pentland Hills, bloomin' fell,
I've since placed an e/w double on the other two in the bet above
Queen Of Ipanema (probably run off course)
and
Starshiba (No doubt this one will get hampered or boxed in)

:rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Thank God I did not see you had tipped Starshiba before I backed it !

• Love 2

11.50 Lingfield Maysong 5/1

Ran Creditably last twice, getting chinned on the line LTO by well handicapped and punted veteran. Same apprentice booked again, hopefully can take advantage.

12.55 Lingfield Grand Central 12/1

This looks to be a strong nursery, and this runner (depending on run) might be one for a handicap in the new year. Looks able to take advantage of a 70 mark which is generous based on the placed run. Mcentee yard in form and Doyle booked so a few positives but small stakes this time. 

14.05 Lingfield Silky Wilkie 10/1

Still looks well handicapped, beat by Fine Wine who then won a conditions race against higher rated rivals and had Alligator Alley behind that day, then subsequently 1.5 l behind Alligator Alley the time after. Alligator Alley then subsequently won off a 4lb higher mark. So those who have finished Infront have been very well handicapped and expect a big run. 

• Chaching! 2

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

11.50 Lingfield Maysong 5/1

Ran Creditably last twice, getting chinned on the line LTO by well handicapped and punted veteran. Same apprentice booked again, hopefully can take advantage.

12.55 Lingfield Grand Central 12/1

This looks to be a strong nursery, and this runner (depending on run) might be one for a handicap in the new year. Looks able to take advantage of a 70 mark which is generous based on the placed run. Mcentee yard in form and Doyle booked so a few positives but small stakes this time. 

14.05 Lingfield Silky Wilkie 10/1

Still looks well handicapped, beat by Fine Wine who then won a conditions race against higher rated rivals and had Alligator Alley behind that day, then subsequently 1.5 l behind Alligator Alley the time after. Alligator Alley then subsequently won off a 4lb higher mark. So those who have finished Infront have been very well handicapped and expect a big run. 

Grand Central run an absolute stinker, 11s to 25s before the off too

Worth checking out the replay of the 3.30 Ffos Las today and the ride Sean Bowen gave Best Trition to win, I was on the 2nd Dentley De mee but I can't grudge the winner his victory as he earned his fee getting the horse up on the line.  Nice to see some genuine trying on what looks like a lost cause.  I was trying to do another £20 on Bently De Mee in running as it looked for all the world like the only horse in the race going well, just as well the usual price change updates froze me out.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk
  • Keeemon 1

Speculative Punt for later today 

3.50 Dundalk - It's all a Joke not bet yet- will give a miss if I can't get 50's+, would use exchange but want E/W 

The reason this one caught my eye is how well it goes fresh, every chance age may have caught up, but absolute bottom weight in the race (47 with a 5lb claim) Dundalk was a regular track before the break.

• Chaching! 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Speculative Punt for later today 

3.50 Dundalk - It's all a Joke not bet yet- will give a miss if I can't get 50's+, would use exchange but want E/W 

The reason this one caught my eye is how well it goes fresh, every chance age may have caught up, but absolute bottom weight in the race (47 with a 5lb claim) Dundalk was a regular track before the break.

Eventually managed to get £5 on at 60 win, and 12 to place on smarkets, not that it was worth anything, either needed the run or age caught up!

• Keeemon 1