Football, General chit chat

spursman

6 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Everybody is predicticting a Scotland victory this evening but the Czech team are no mugs. The last time they met the Czechs were seriously limited due to corona sidelining the entire first team, Scotland claimed the victory but the Czechs looked very dangerous and were unlucky not to claim anything with a seriously weakened team. The 5/4 on offer could be considered.

Thought I was doing well last night when I seen victories for Falkirk and Hearts, that was until I seen 1/3 shot Spain beaten by Ukraine. Need to stop blindly backing teams based on past exploits, think we can all be guilty of that at times.

Only just beat the Sunday league side they had to put last time out! 

Normal service will resume tonight 🤣

• Shocked! 1

So all this ppv rubbish starts, what a joke, hope people boycott it and they realise, or reduce the price. I say this, but when spurs play, will i be tempted, yes, but i will not bow down, back to the old days on five live or talksport.  40 yards out and gooooooooal, gary bale is back where he belongs lol. 

• Keeemon 2

14 minutes ago, spursman said:

So all this ppv rubbish starts, what a joke, hope people boycott it and they realise, or reduce the price. I say this, but when spurs play, will i be tempted, yes, but i will not bow down, back to the old days on five live or talksport.  40 yards out and gooooooooal, gary bale is back where he belongs lol. 

disgrace it really is,  England gets ripped of all the time not just football prices 

People need to take a stand but they won't. 

• Keeemon 1

It aint even the worst in England. Livingston and St. Johnstone are charging £17 and £20 for PPV access to games. I guess it shows how desperate those two sides are for revenue but it's an absurd amount of money for a one game stream for these 2 specific sides.

• Agree 1

30 minutes to a great game begins - Celtic v Rangers - We are actually not favorites to take this match today with our main goal scorer edouard out recovering from corona. Our team is one which looks like a curve ball.

Celtic: Barkas; Duffy, Welsh, Ajer;Laxalt, Frimpong, Brown, Ntcham, McGregor; Elyounoussi, Klimala. Subs: Bain, Taylor, Griffiths, Ajeti, Sorro, Turnbull, Rogic, Henderson, Ralston.
Subs: Bain, Taylor, Griffiths, Ajeti, Sorro, Turnbull, Rogic, Henderson, Ralston.

Duffy starting at the back. Sure, he's a giant fenian so fits well into a Celtic squad but he's been really poor since joining us on loan and making multiple mistakes. Ajer will no doubt be the rock but he is prone to mistakes at the back as well. Laxalt starting is also interesting, our newest arrival from Milan gets his debut today. Will he sure up our defense? Or a cluster fuck in a tough game to start your career in. Hard to say, but will be good to watch how it plays out. Ntcham will be crucial today. He usually gets a hard on for this matchup so generally performs well and will be needed in midfield for sure. Ely and Klimala up front, they both have performed to a reasonable level since arriving at Celtic but nothing to shout about really.

Rangers: McGregor;  Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Barker, Morelos.
Subs: McLaughlin, Balogun, Bassey, Jack, Jones, Hagi, Aribo, Itten, Defoe.

The Rangers team looks solid but isnt a suprise. Gerrard has chosen to go with what has been working for him so far instead of trying anything new. Theres nothing wrong with that of course. But the Celtic team should be on top of this.  Tavernier has been on fire recently and with the likes of Kent, Morelos and Arfield upfront it's a dangerous side.

John Beaton takes charge of the game today and he's not been shy of bringing out cards willy nilly in his games so far, so id imagine there will be a lot today. Rangers shortened this morning and are now the slight favourite to win today. Oddschecker’s median odds function has Steven Gerrard’s side at 6/4 to win this lunchtime. Celtic are 2/1 with the draw priced at 23/10. 

A lot of people see this game being an edgy 1 nil win to either side which I can see that sort of thing playing out but its no secret that both sides are trash at the back this year so I expect goals. I honestly cant believe Nctham is 8/1!!! to score. That is absurd pricing. I might take that as a small fun line to make it more entertaining than it already is.

Edited by howfin
  • Chaching! 1

35 minutes ago, howfin said:

It aint even the worst in England. Livingston and St. Johnstone are charging £17 and £20 for PPV access to games. I guess it shows how desperate those two sides are for revenue but it's an absurd amount of money for a one game stream for these 2 specific sides.

Mate that is unbelievable

Just now, spursman said:

Pro life, still the outsider in the markets though, see how the are surpressing the biden links with the Ukrainian businessman mate. 

When have the bookies ever been correct with politics? I think they know the actual fav but want people to bet the wrong dog. 

Polls and bookies - wrong on brexit, trump in 2016 and they will be wrong again. Biden emails is just the start. 

5 minutes ago, Tricky0212 said:

Celtic to come back and win this at 8/1 is some solid value, especially for me as a neutral 

Statistically the team to go in front first usually win this clash but of course thats just paperwork. Game has lost its pace since that miss. Celtic need to be frimpong into the game. He looks like a fish out of water so far.

Half time and its been a pretty poor game. The pundits may be right with this being a 1-0 win. Unless something drastic happens in the changing rooms, this is dull af. Celtic havent turned up at all. We look out of ideas before the half even was over. Rangers are working hard but look the better side so far.