Football, General chit chat

spursman

Who is going to win the league then?  Can still get 50/1 on a team from north london, can't remember what they are called though.

I don't really believe, but possibly best squad in prem, and e/w maybe a bit of value.

Edited by spursman
  • Shocked! 1

6 minutes ago, spursman said:

Who is going to win the league then?  Can still get 50/1 on a team from north london, can't remember what they are called though.

I don't really believe, but possibly best squad in prem, and e/w maybe a bit of value.

I reckon Everton will be up there mate 

I like Luke Shaw but he was nowhere to be seen in that game. Harry Maguire should be dropped, but he won't be. Pogba needs a holiday or something. What I didn't like was after the red card they pretty much just gave up. They didn't even try to just shut up shop. I am not sure if Spurs are good, I honestly think in that game that United were absolutely appalling and most teams in the Premiership would have dicked them. 

The Liverpool result was a nice tonic. Last week on Sky, Roy Keane made a comment about Liverpool's defending being a bit dodgy in the talk with Klopp and Klopp instantly shut him down. Van Dijk is not that good and his partners are even worse than Utds defenders!

10 hours ago, Denman said:

I like Luke Shaw but he was nowhere to be seen in that game. Harry Maguire should be dropped, but he won't be. Pogba needs a holiday or something. What I didn't like was after the red card they pretty much just gave up. They didn't even try to just shut up shop. I am not sure if Spurs are good, I honestly think in that game that United were absolutely appalling and most teams in the Premiership would have dicked them. 

The Liverpool result was a nice tonic. Last week on Sky, Roy Keane made a comment about Liverpool's defending being a bit dodgy in the talk with Klopp and Klopp instantly shut him down. Van Dijk is not that good and his partners are even worse than Utds defenders!

I am not sure either to be honest either, looks exciting at the moment, but whether it can it be sustained is another thing. That was our fourth game on 8 days however, and a 6-1 drubbing of any team in those circumstances is decent. 

10 hours ago, Denman said:

Bring on the Deadline day madness. I reckon Utd are going to spend big on someone and it won't be Sancho.

A new manager perhaps? Not that it is his fault. Harry redknapp loves a deal on deadline day, perhaps you'll get him.

Edited by spursman
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

This is why i never give man u fans too much stick when they lose. You never know what your own team is going to do. Mind you after yesterday i do think spurs should make the top half 😅

It's a funny ol game, and in these times my friend, even funnier, who knows what happens next week, anything goes it seems. 

with our mob, getting to the champions league was wonderful, never thought i'd see that in my lifetime.  Heart broken too many times with our lot. Nice to enjoy the moment, and expect nothing, which is what we usually end up with🤣. I loving our sqaud right now though, i must say. 

12 minutes ago, spursman said:

It's a funny ol game, and in these times my friend, even funnier, who knows what happens next week, anything goes it seems. 

with our mob, getting to the champions league was wonderful, never thought i'd see that in my lifetime.  Heart broken too many times with our lot. Nice to enjoy the moment, and expect nothing, which is what we usually end up with🤣. I loving our sqaud right now though, i must say. 

I think it's going to be one of them seasons where anyone will beat anyone which is already happening. Also any team who have a decent 10-15 game run will fly up the table but this time would catch and overtake the league leaders. I wonder if this is going to be one of them seasons where 85 points will be good enough to be crowned champions.

Edited by Kev40

21 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

I think it's going to be one of them seasons where anyone will beat anyone which is already happening. Also any team who have a decent 10-15 game run will fly up the table but this time would catch and overtake the league leaders. I wonder if this is going to be one of them seasons where 85 points will be good enough to be crowned champions.

Something like this🤣

Screenshot_20201005-191935_Chrome.jpg

Premier League games not selected for broadcast in October will be available to fans on a pay-per-view basis. The five fixtures per round not already picked to be shown live, will be available on BT Sport Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office, priced at £14.95. Clubs have agreed this "interim solution" to allow fans to continue watching their team live.

This is absolutely disgusting. Nearly as much as a full match day ticket to watch a stream. This should not be allowed. Especially during these tough times, fleecing of fans continues.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, howfin said:

Premier League games not selected for broadcast in October will be available to fans on a pay-per-view basis. The five fixtures per round not already picked to be shown live, will be available on BT Sport Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office, priced at £14.95. Clubs have agreed this "interim solution" to allow fans to continue watching their team live.

This is absolutely disgusting. Nearly as much as a full match day ticket to watch a stream. This should not be allowed. Especially during these tough times, fleecing of fans continues.

people need to learn from boxing with regards to this and not sign up.  In the early days of pay per view boxing somebody said if people signed up you could say goodbye to seeing big fights for free and that was exactly what happened.   

I can see a future where if sky thought they could get away with  it instead of a general subscription service they would end up charging people extortionate amounts to watch games.

Once it is set up this will also mean the clubs have an avenue for charging non attending fans  to watch their games  thus increasing the gap between the bigger and smaller clubs revenue generation.

i fear once the genie is out if the bottle it will be impossible to get back in with regards to this 

• Keeemon 2

The problem for me has always been theres no centralised service to sign up to too watch football. So to get all the games youd have to subscribe to sky, bt, espn, etc, etc. Which makes it impossible. So ive always just streamed it. Dont think it can ever change due to competition but no one in their right mind will surely pay 15 pound for a one game stream. ONE GAME. its ridiculous. Thats roughly the same as BT Sport for a month. How the FA have allowed this price structure to go ahead is beyond me. It happened in Scotland earlier with the SFL offering games for prices set by individual clubs. Most were also extortionate. Up to £20 some teams were charging. (their game day tickets arnt even priced that high). Its a pure attempt to take advantage of people.

Radical proposals for the reform of English football could have a "damaging impact" on the game, says the Premier League.

Under the proposals, led by Liverpool and Manchester United, the English top flight would be cut to 18 teams.

The plans would see the Premier League hand over the £250m bailout required by the Football League to stave off a financial disaster among its 72 clubs.

The Premier League would also hand over 25% of its annual income to the EFL.

The proposals, dubbed Project Big Picture, would see:

• The Premier League cut from 20 to 18 clubs, with the Championship, League One and League Two each retaining 24 teams.
  • The bottom two teams in the Premier League relegated automatically with the 16th-placed team joining the Championship play-offs.
  • The League Cup and Community Shield abolished.
  • Parachute payments scrapped.
  • A £250m rescue fund made immediately available to the EFL
  • £100m paid to the FA to make up for lost revenue.
  • Nine clubs given 'special voting rights' on certain issues, based on their extended runs in the Premier League.

But the plans have been criticised by the Premier League, the government and supporters' groups.

"English football is the world's most watched, and has a vibrant, dynamic and competitive league structure that drives interest around the globe," a Premier League statement said.

"To maintain this position, it is important that we all work together. Both the Premier League and the FA support a wide-ranging discussion on the future of the game, including its competition structures, calendar and overall financing particularly in light of the effects of Covid-19.

"Football has many stakeholders, therefore this work should be carried out through the proper channels enabling all clubs and stakeholders the opportunity to contribute."

Under the proposals, the EFL Cup in its present form would be abolished and the Community Shield scrapped.

In addition, the top flight's 14-club majority voting system would change

• Agree 1

Everybody is predicticting a Scotland victory this evening but the Czech team are no mugs. The last time they met the Czechs were seriously limited due to corona sidelining the entire first team, Scotland claimed the victory but the Czechs looked very dangerous and were unlucky not to claim anything with a seriously weakened team. The 5/4 on offer could be considered.

Thought I was doing well last night when I seen victories for Falkirk and Hearts, that was until I seen 1/3 shot Spain beaten by Ukraine. Need to stop blindly backing teams based on past exploits, think we can all be guilty of that at times.