£2 Stake on FOBTs not as it seems

Bradley147

This is my first post, so apologies if I have posted this in the incorrect part of the forum. 

I went into my local Betfred tonight and noticed that on the FOBTs they have already added the £2 Maximum stake version of 20p roulette. 

I assumed it would essentially be exactly the same as the original £100 max spin, but there is a twist. Essentially you can still place bets in excess of the £2 stake.

There is a bar next to the wheel which acts similarly to a pie gamble, as you place more chips on the board the “green zone” of the pie gamble reduces, decreasing your chances of “winning” a spin of the wheel. If it lands on Red you lose your £2 and can spin again. 

What are people’s thoughts on this? 

I am not surprised that the bookies thought of a way round the £2 max stake, but this new game seems to be almost as lethal as the original version.

I made a short video of it and have uploaded it to YouTube as it was too large to upload to the forum directly.

Apologies, as it is not a great video.

• Shocked! 2
  • Keeemon 2

Actually funny as fuck that they have done that! Being realistic it didnt matter what they did, the problem gamblers were still going to problem gamble anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it really

I mean the problem with these machines is the speed and which you can loose vast amounts of money but by lowering the stake and speeding up the spins I don't think the difference will be as drastic as people are expecting 

Still plenty of opportunity to do your bollocks in on £2 20p roulette if you ask me 

• Keeemon 1

I have already made plain my objections to the flagrant breach of ethical behaviour by the bookmakers, and the absolute disdain the Gambling Commission have shown to us, by allowing the compete negation of trust to manifest in this way.  Clearly the intention is to rape the Punter regardless,and pretend it never happened, just like MPs expenses, or BREXSHIT..... a complete reversal of your choices in favour of the rich , who will pick your bones clean if you play these evil games . The vultures are ready ----WILL YOU FEED THEM ??

Edited by Solario333

• 5 months later...

The new versions where you can spin and have to line up 3 symbols (at £2 a spin) just to get Super/Mega/Ultra spins is their way around it on most FOBT machines now.

Percentages on games look to have been reduced in a few local bookies here to make up for the lower volumes of cash being fed in.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Steviebod said:

The new versions where you can spin and have to line up 3 symbols (at £2 a spin) just to get Super/Mega/Ultra spins is their way around it on most FOBT machines now.

Percentages on games look to have been reduced in a few local bookies here to make up for the lower volumes of cash being fed in.

That’s why i’m not going to shed a tear when these bastards close their doors. 

I personally don’t see many people play them anymore. 

• Keeemon 1