Everything is lost again : I'm lost!!

Antonin

6 minutes ago, CherryPi said:

Are there people in this forum who haven't gambled/deposited say for nearly a year? Because at some point if you want completely to quit you have to stop coming here and find new hobby. All those videos, streams, big wins threads etc.. Doing no good. Maybe after the venom is extracted completely stop by saying still haven't gambled etc. 

I know what you are saying to a certain extent, but Antonin comes on here for the support. I believe we have helped him. 

If he was left to his own devices with no support I think it would only end up one way

• Puke! 1

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I know what you are saying to a certain extent, but Antonin comes on here for the support. I believe we have helped him. 

If he was left to his own devices with no support I think it would only end up one way

Well he comes for support for how much time now? More than half year I don't know... 

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Absolutely, you're spot on mate

I would be all over table games if this thread wasn't there!

I need this support i really do

• Keeemon 1

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Like I said the time doesn't matter.

It's the end result that counts

So are you saying we will be here say November 2019, with him posting probably 12 days no gambling and counting.... And giving him same 1y ago support  and same support as of today.. 

Edited by CherryPi

For god sake, please @CherryPi, don't start again!!!

Non-gamblers can't understand this addiction ... Gamblers do!!

This support gives me a good chance to quit gambling!!

I can't really leave this forum because that's more than a gambling forum!!

I enjoy most of the people in here and i like to read everybody in here

Edited by cant_moaning
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

Yes. I don't give up on people who ask for help

That's no help really. It's prolonging his torture by making it more sweeter. 

Point is, just like I said numeerroous times, support in terms of well done, keep it up does not help specially when it comes from gambling addicts. Need actions preventing the core. 

Give fish to hungry man, it will be no hungry for a day, teach him to catch fish, feeds him lifetime. This is exactly the case here. 

5 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

For god sake, please @CherryPi, don't start again!!!

Non-gamblers can't understand this addiction ... Gamblers do!!

This support gives me a good chance to quit gambling!!

I can't really leave this forum because that's more than a gambling forum!!

I enjoy most of the people in here and i like to read everybody in here

As you wish buddy. Its your life, not mine, continue as you like 

1 minute ago, CherryPi said:

That's no help really. It's prolonging his torture by making it more sweeter. 

Point is, just like I said numeerroous times, support in terms of well done, keep it up does not help specially when it comes from gambling addicts. Need actions preventing the core. 

Give fish to hungry man, it will be no hungry for a day, teach him to catch fish, feeds him lifetime. This is exactly the case here. 

You're missing the point completely cherry. Of course, he has to ultimately be the one who kicks the habit and be responsible for his own actions.

Only he can do this and he is fully aware of this, but we can be supportive in that journey whether it be successful or not.

Sometimes it's just a matter of being there for someone when they need help.

Surely you must understand that

• Keeemon 1

13 minutes ago, david1111 said:

You're missing the point completely cherry. Of course, he has to ultimately be the one who kicks the habit and be responsible for his own actions.

Only he can do this and he is fully aware of this, but we can be supportive in that journey whether it be successful or not.

Sometimes it's just a matter of being there for someone when they need help.

Surely you must understand that

Ofcourse I do. Is just that I think it's no help in long run. And fact is been 1 year.

we share different points of view. I don't want somebody next to me with one hand on my back saying there, there, it will be all right. Maybe once or twice.. I want somebody next to me with plan, Strategy, action, ideas, solution even if its wrong to prevent this happening. okay we do this and that, here what was wrong we will try to fix this etc. 

Edited by CherryPi

44 minutes ago, CherryPi said:

As you wish buddy. Its your life, not mine, continue as you like 

That's why i do want some support on here to put my life back on track!

It's like GamCare Forum, you know 

It's been 15 days now, that's works pretty good

32 minutes ago, CherryPi said:

Ofcourse I do. Is just that I think it's no help in long run. And fact is been 1 year.

we share different points of view. I don't want somebody next to me with one hand on my back saying there, there, it will be all right. Maybe once or twice.. I want somebody next to me with plan, Strategy, action, ideas, solution even if its wrong to prevent this happening. okay we do this and that, here what was wrong we will try to fix this etc. 

But in 1 year, i relapsed. Did you know that ?

We all know how hard it is to quit gambling!

I'm felling pretty good for now. I just need to be focus with some support.

To each of us , like wild flowers in a field ,there comes  a solution....sometimes the solution comes easy ,and sometimes it does not....

Gamblers will always gamble and take risks , its in their nature....what we seek to do is to open up a broader perspective that allows them to gamble differently . Some  will gamble by raising a family and commit all their money and energy to this endeavour. Some single out profit making business ventures, or sporting challenges....and some continue to fail in finding purpose to meet the challenge of risk.  @david1111 is right when he intends to allow time for people to find the path. @CherryPi is also right when calling time on the event because it looks like an individual is wallowing in unnecessary support. However it is a personal choice how you approach the healing pathway , and for some the short sharp shock does work , and for others it does not . 

So we must stand together meeting all challenges and supporting the long path and the short path , because all wild flowers are different !!

Edited by Solario333
  • Keeemon 4

Excellent response as ever from solario.

As he says everyone needs different levels of support so who am I to turn my back on someone who asks for help just because a certain time has elapsed.

I also believe that an addiction is never cured. You just learn to live with an improved mindset and use different ways to surpress the inevitable urges

• Keeemon 3

On 18/03/2019 at 19:41, david1111 said:

Quite possibly, but so what.

Noone said it was going to be a quick easy fix

I worked with a lad who went 10 years without any gambling whatsoever. Yet it was the first thing he thought of every single day. Everybody is different and we all have our own methods to curb or even stop the gambling but as I have read on here so often it can take something really small like a bad day at work or a family trauma and all that good work goes down the drain. Use the forums as there is usually somebody on here who can relate. 

• Keeemon 2

2 minutes ago, PATTY1974 said:

I worked with a lad who went 10 years without any gambling whatsoever. Yet it was the first thing he thought of every single day. Everybody is different and we all have our own methods to curb or even stop the gambling but as I have read on here so often it can take something really small like a bad day at work or a family trauma and all that good work goes down the drain. Use the forums as there is usually somebody on here who can relate. 

Absolutely. Don't know if you saw Harry's hero's last couple of nights , but I was surprised that Paul merson is still battling his demons. Never goes away, as I said, it's just surpressed

• Keeemon 2

11 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Absolutely. Don't know if you saw Harry's hero's last couple of nights , but I was surprised that Paul merson is still battling his demons. Never goes away, as I said, it's just surpressed

Merson’s problems are due to his addictive personality which a lot of people have. Wether it’s drink, drugs or gambling it will always be a battle. Unfortunately for him they are all a problem and one often leads to another.

One of my footballing hero’s...Niall Quinn wrote in his autobiography about the drinking and gambling culture at Arsenal in his playing days. All night sessions and going into training still pissed from the night before. It won’t have been unique to Arsenal either. They didn’t talk about it then because it wasn’t seen as a problem because it was commonplace and men don’t complain! £7,000,000 was a figure I had heard Merson had lost. Makes you wonder what our own win/loss figures would be over our lifetime. ???

• Thanks 1
  • Keeemon 1