THE TGC OLYMPICS COMPETITION

Crunchie

4 minutes ago, Poker said:

That would be great, anywhere to get a side bet or part of the action.. on you winning of course!!

Wouldn’t really feel comfortable taking money off you mate as we’ve never met, but if you come to the potential meet up, I’ll show you my Shaun Murphy like curing action and you can lump on all you want 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Brownman24 said:

Wouldn’t really feel comfortable taking money off you mate as we’ve never met, but if you come to the potential meet up, I’ll show you my Shaun Murphy like curing action and you can lump on all you want 

Np, well we will all be supporting you again on the day BM ?

On a side note, how is your bonce now? All healed up?

On 12/02/2019 at 23:04, cant_moaning said:

That's a very good idea!!

Please don't tell me there is no tennis on your list  ?

I had a look at tennis, and may do again, but firstly there was no big tournament on, except for a clay event (Monte Carlo masters), and if Nadal enters, he will win.  OR can you think of some fun way of having a bet on it, that will include Nadal, like number of games lost in the Tournament instead?? Thanks @cant_moaning

On 12/02/2019 at 22:53, Blampy said:

@Crunchienut  bandy is a game involving bow legged men try to stop a runaway pig in a narrow alley. 

I had to look it up in the end, looks like an early form of ice hockey, but I'd rather watch your version especially if it was a boar with horns...... where's the number for Sky Sports?? ?

• Love 1

On 12/02/2019 at 14:06, Brownman24 said:

I believe Dillian Whyte might be fighting instead of AJ on that date or the 20th April so he might be someone to put in- also amir khans fighting 20th April vs Crawford

Boxing is deffo gonna be one of the 10 events. Amirs fight will be one of them, and if there is another big fight on in April I can do the event as a double header, like you say possibly with Dillian Whyte?? will have to see if and when that is confirmed. Thanks.

Good Luck for the weekend.

12 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

I had a look at tennis, and may do again, but firstly there was no big tournament on, except for a clay event (Monte Carlo masters), and if Nadal enters, he will win.  OR can you think of some fun way of having a bet on it, that will include Nadal, like number of games lost in the Tournament instead?? Thanks @cant_moaning

If it's not possible no problem mate

Yeah, your idea could be fun ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have not neglected the TGC Decathlon, this is the final list of events and the scoring. Any comments welcome. I've taken on board requests for sports from petrol heads, boxing, tennis etc so hope there is something to please everyone. I will open the thread to join after Cheltenham. 

1.  HORSE RACING  APRIL 6TH  -  GRAND NATIONAL (3 PICKS) points for places 1st -6th. 50, 30, 20,15,10 & 5 points.  

Bonus points - if the horse is placed  <10/1 none,  11/1 - 20/1 - 5pnts,  25/1- 49/1 - 10pnts , 50/1+ -20pnts.   last placed finisher  -  10pnts

2.  CYCLING  APRIL 7TH  -  TOUR OF FLANDERS (3 PICKS -  from different teams)  1st-8th 50, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5

Bonus points - rider on same team as winner +10,  as the 2nd or 3rd  +5pnts

3.  GOLF  APRIL 11TH  -  US MASTERS (3 PICKS) points for 1st to 8th  50, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5

Bonus points -  if placed  <12/1  none,  13 - 24/1 -  5 pnts,   25-49/1 = 10pnts,  50/1 - 99/1 - 15pnts,  100/1+  20pnts

extra 20 pnt bonus for any albatross or hole in one.

NOTE -   I WILL COPY A LIST OF ALL THE PLAYERS AND PRICES BEFOREHAND, AND THAT WILL BE THE DEFINITIVE LIST. END OF.

4.  TENNIS  APRIL 13TH  -  MONTE CARLO MASTERS (1 MENS SINGLES & 1 MENS DOUBLES PICK)

Winner 20 pnts,  Runner Up  10 Pnts   Semi's  5 pnts  for both.

As Nadal is the likely winner  a side guess is required on number of games the winner loses in the tournament (singles only)

Nearest + 20 pnts,  2nd closest  +15pnts,  3rd +10pnts  and 4th  5pnts

5.  SNOOKER  APRIL  20TH  -  WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS  (4 PICKS)  pick one from 4 groups according to seedings which I will put up beforehand.

Winner  50pnts,  RU - 30pnts,  SF  - 15pnts. QF - 5pnts

Bonus points +15 if either of your qualifiers gets to the final 4.  147 -  +25pnts,  each100 break -  +2pnts

6.  BOXING  APRIL 20TH  -  PART 1  -  AMIR KHAN  VS  TERRENCE CRAWFORD  (WBO WELTERWEIGHT)

MAY  4TH  -  PART 2  -  DANIEL JACOBS  VS  CANELO ALVAREZ  (WBO, WBC, IBF  MIDDLEWEIGHT)

Winner   20pnts   Guess Correct  Round of win +10pnts (1-2/3-4/5-6/7-8/9-10/11-12/POINTS)  Win by +5pnts  (KO/TKO/DQ)

7.  MOTOR RACING  27TH APRIL - AZERBAIJAN GP - (2 Picks)  Points for 1st-8th  -  50, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5

Bonus points  Pole Position +10pnts,  Fastest Lap  +10pnts,  Last place finish  +10pnts

8.  ATHLETICS  27TH APRIL  -  LONDON MARATHON - (1 MAN, 1 WOMAN)   1st-4th  25,15,10,5

Bonus Points  +20  World Record,  +10  Course record.

9.  DARTS  1ST MAY  -  PREMIER LEAGUE  (5 GAMES)   5pnts per win, plus 5 more points correct scoreline

Bonus points  9 darter  +20 pnts, every 170 finish  +10pnts,  nights high checkout (if no 170) +5

10.  MOTO GP  5TH MAY  -  SPANISH GP  (2 PICKS).... scoring as for the Motor Racing

The Competition ends on the 6th may with the Final of the world snooker Championships. There will be added details on who you can pick closer to the event. I have tried to keep the points as even as possible throughout. I have also kept the picking as easy as possible, but if anyone has any possible improvements just say so, even to the bonus system. Cheers, Crunchie. Just need peeps to have a go now. The points for the darts may change if there are only 4 games at that point btw.

• Keeemon 2

@Crunchienut  I suggest the TGC Decathlon be offered in 5 stages , 

stage 1 Grand national  , tour of flanders

stage2  us masters  monte carlo masters

stage 3  World snooker, and boxing

stage 4 azerbiajan gp and London Marathon

stage 5 darts and spanish GP 

5 stages will be easier to do ...... maybe a stage winner , and an overall Gold silver and bronze winner ......Plus best newcomer prize for newbies....

57 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

I take it @Crunchienut you have the month off work to do the scoring?!?! 

Seriously though, if I am able to assist on that side of it, just let me know. 

Plan is peeps will be doing their own scoring and will have the responsibility of keeping all their results together by saving them...... but I will put up the points scored in a particular round, I wont expect everyone to count the games Nadal has lost or who has made 100 breaks . I will explain all before the comp starts. But it will save work all round. Then I only have to double check those in contention for prizes. That's the theory anyway as I don't know how that will work regarding mobile users. Cheers 1p for the offer its much appreciated.

• Keeemon 1

7 hours ago, Kinkerbells said:

Holy fuck balls I don't stand a chance. I've never made it through one match of snooker without nodding off and formula one I only ever watch for the crashes. I'm fucked fucked I tell ya.

Now now kinky  I will help you !! 

Snooker is easy ---- go with the experience ---  higgins, Williams, O,sullivan....or the new boys on the block --- Judd Trump  , or mark Selby..... or the chinese  players ....

• Puke! 1

25 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

@Crunchienut  I suggest the TGC Decathlon be offered in 5 stages , 

stage 1 Grand national  , tour of flanders

stage2  us masters  monte carlo masters

stage 3  World snooker, and boxing

stage 4 azerbiajan gp and London Marathon

stage 5 darts and spanish GP 

5 stages will be easier to do ...... maybe a stage winner , and an overall Gold silver and bronze winner ......Plus best newcomer prize for newbies....

Wheeeeeeeeeey!! the games are broken down into 2 per week purposely so people wont have to spend more than 10 mins each week doing their choices.  But Paul is in charge of Prizes and hopefully he will be kind enough to offer up a first and second at least.( a double spin and a single spin ?) I  think there is something for all non footy and horse racing lovers there? Cheers mate, I will see what he says.

• Good Luck! 1

7 hours ago, Kinkerbells said:

Holy fuck balls I don't stand a chance. I've never made it through one match of snooker without nodding off and formula one I only ever watch for the crashes. I'm fucked fucked I tell ya.

Its OK, you don't have to watch them Kinks. Not sure i could sit through a Grand Prix either come to that...... the thought would send me to sleep.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Wheeeeeeeeeey!! the games are broken down into 2 per week purposely so people wont have to spend more than 10 mins each week doing their choices.  But Paul is in charge of Prizes and hopefully he will be kind enough to offer up a first and second at least.( a double spin and a single spin ?) I  think there is something for all non footy and horse racing lovers there? Cheers mate, I will see what he says.

Great .....  looking forward to the Fun !!

11 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Now now kinky  I will help you !! 

Snooker is easy ---- go with the experience ---  higgins, Williams, O,sullivan....or the new boys on the block --- Judd Trump  , or mark Selby..... or the chinese  players ....

I'll be doing the snooker, like we done the darts. Pick one from each seeded group 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 and 25-32.  So everyone has a couple good players and a couple of long shots to plump for. Also helps those who know nothing, to  know who the good players are. As for form etc, that's the only place a little knowledge comes in handy. Selby may be  number one, but not playing like it. Qualifiers are the week before so the final list will go up late.

• Keeemon 1

3 hours ago, Crunchienut said:

I'll be doing the snooker, like we done the darts. Pick one from each seeded group 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 and 25-32.  So everyone has a couple good players and a couple of long shots to plump for. Also helps those who know nothing, to  know who the good players are. As for form etc, that's the only place a little knowledge comes in handy. Selby may be  number one, but not playing like it. Qualifiers are the week before so the final list will go up late.

When it comes to the Crucible its the tried and tested players mainly , but watch out for the chinese !!

Edited by Solario333