***Heads up poker tournament for BIAM and TGC***

Guest centipede

Guest centipede

(I cant remember who said they would run one of these from here, but whoever you are you are free to run it if you wish or lend a hand)

Ok, so im going to organise a Heads up NLHE poker tournament for the both forums, and would like to know who would be interested in playing.

Im thinking, depending on entries, this will be held over 4/5 weeks

for example, if 32 players entered, then 1 game per week would be 32 16 8 4 2 so 5 weeks total.
between 32 and 64 players and it will run over 6 weeks.

I will do a draw with everyone who wants in, and the players will have 1 week to get in touch with their opponent and play their match together
the match can be played at a stake agreed by both players, the stake isnt the important part, more the result to see who qualifies for the next round. 
Also, both players can agree between them what site they wish to play their heads up match on.

The draw will be the standard KO draw, where the winner of 1/2 play the winner of 3/4 etc.. 

if we get between 16 to 32 players, then there may be players who will get a bye in the first round

I will give everyone till next Saturday (9th Feb) to say who wants in, and will do the draw with the players that have entered.

So you will have till Saturday 16th Feb to play your first round match.

Both players will have to report the result back the thread (im making the same thread on both forums)

To enter, say im in below.

(also, if anyone has any questions, or maybe ive missed out some details that I cant think of right now, then let me know!)

Guest centipede
11 minutes ago, TheBingoKingx said:

Id say i was offering to do it. To be fair, you could better do this on 1 evening than on ongoing weeks. Headsup matches generally dont take that long, depending on the format. A 32 player match can be settled within an hour or 5.

ah yeah! couldnt remember who said it, do you want to organise it mate? 

im in anyway

7 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Yeh was going to say depending on the format could do it in one evening, like my heads up against Kim (I won 4-1), so five games in an hour or so I think

ok, ive put it to them over on the other forum

Guest centipede
Just now, TheBingoKingx said:

I'll make up a plan for it if you give me today as some time to make a plan for it. Though im not on the BIAM thing so someone needs to get over there for me too i guess. If you guys like, ill also stream it. I'll get back tonight with a plan for it guys!

i have created a thread over there, so i can message them on it whatever you wish me to.

I did suggest doing it on a sunday, as a variation on the homegame between both forums, that is currently being organised every fortnight.

we have had a normal game, then a rebuy, and there is a KO next. I suggested doing the heads up one after that, so probably 2 weeks after whenever @green2711 sorts out the KO tourney between us?

will keep you informed about what they say.

the thread is here:

https://www.backinamo.com/forum/topic/heads-up-poker-tournament-for-biam-and-tgc/#post-44663

Guest centipede
1 minute ago, TheBingoKingx said:

Keep it on pokerstars though. Party aint an option and other sites probably havent got enough of us on it.

theres people interested mate that are banned on stars (im sure there are plenty of others too, like Rocknrolla too atm!). was trying to get everyone involved. is it possible to organise it so if they got drawn against someone they could play them elsewhere? I think theres quite a few that are not fond of stars.

this was one of the reasons why i suggested a longer format, so if people are drawn against each other who cant play at certain sites, they could probably open a mutual account somewhere to play their match.

i dunno. im just thinking out loud here tbh mte.

doing the draws etc by hand, and allowing people to play their matches wherever they agree with their opponent obviously wouldnt be stream friendly either

image.png.964f25b9b156c5a5cae09ebe3b184455.png

Just now, centipede said:

theres people interested mate that are banned on stars (im sure there are plenty of others too, like Rocknrolla too atm!). was trying to get everyone involved. is it possible to organise it so if they got drawn against someone they could play them elsewhere? I think theres quite a few that are not fond of stars.

this was one of the reasons why i suggested a longer format, so if people are drawn against each other who cant play at certain sites, they could probably open a mutual account somewhere to play their match.

i dunno. im just thinking out loud here tbh mte.

doing the draws etc by hand, and allowing people to play their matches wherever they agree with their opponent obviously wouldnt be stream friendly either

image.png.964f25b9b156c5a5cae09ebe3b184455.png

Draws dont need to be done by hand, but by a randomiser and a pre-set schedule. Way easier and less time consuming.

I dont know of any other website besides Stars that A: tracks games, B: lets people play together heads up without the risk of others joining (cause you can do in the homegame) and so i have a couple of more reasons why i think it has to stay on one site. Cause what happens if someone is banned on stars, and will later on battle against someone that only got stars and not the site the other plays at? It would all make it extremely complicated in my opinion there.

Besides that. Lots of people wont be able to play for 5 or 6 consecutive weeks im afraid so then you get cancellations etc.

Guest centipede
7 minutes ago, TheBingoKingx said:

Draws dont need to be done by hand, but by a randomiser and a pre-set schedule. Way easier and less time consuming.

I dont know of any other website besides Stars that A: tracks games, B: lets people play together heads up without the risk of others joining (cause you can do in the homegame) and so i have a couple of more reasons why i think it has to stay on one site. Cause what happens if someone is banned on stars, and will later on battle against someone that only got stars and not the site the other plays at? It would all make it extremely complicated in my opinion there.

Besides that. Lots of people wont be able to play for 5 or 6 consecutive weeks im afraid so then you get cancellations etc.

ill leave it to you

I'll be in if it's after 15th Feb as I'm skint till then. I know JB will hate me saying this but there is an option on Stars to make a HU shoot out tournament, this would of course make it a lot easier than having to contact who your against, setting up a time and date and then finding a way on whatever client is chosen to play against each other. As far as I'm aware to do this on another client you would need to sign up to a Sit n Go heads up game and then tell your opponent to look for you whilst also hoping that some random player doesn't join the game you've signed up for, unless there is another way on a different client to do this it could make it very hard. Doing it on Stars in our club it would solve that problem and also it would mean the prize structure would be the same as you'd only have to pay 1 buy in for a chance to win it, doing it separately and on different clients will create all sorts of head aches but I do want JB, Rolla and anyone else that can't get on Stars to be able to play so if you can come up with a suitable solution then I'd be buzzing with that.

But as your organising it, I'll leave it down to you. So yeah, if it's on 15th or after I'm in :). I don't mind pushing back the KO tournament till next time if people are all for the HU tournament but I would suggest doing it on the 17th to give it time to collect numbers (with HU, you'll need a lot of players than we've had in the past) and time to organise it properly (and time for me to get paid haha :P)

Edited by green2711

Guest centipede
22 minutes ago, TheBingoKingx said:

If im incorrect on it you have to tell me, but it seems your plan would be slightly inefficient to say the least ?

inefficient yes, but was trying to be more inclusive of people who want to play, but who arent on one or more sites for a variety of reasons. as pokerstars has held all the home games to date. 

Guest centipede
1 minute ago, green2711 said:

I'll be in if it's after 15th Feb as I'm skint till then. I know JB will hate me saying this but there is an option on Stars to make a HU shoot out tournament, this would of course make it a lot easier than having to contact who your against, setting up a time and date and then finding a way on whatever client is chosen to play against each other. As far as I'm aware to do this on another client you would need to sign up to a Sit n Go heads up game and then tell your opponent to look for you whilst also hoping that some random player doesn't join the game you've signed up for, unless there is another way on a different client to do this it could make it very hard. Doing it on Stars in our club it would solve that problem and also it would mean the prize structure would be the same as you'd only have to pay 1 buy in for a chance to win it, doing it separately and on different clients will create all sorts of head aches but I do want JB, Rolla and anyone else that can't get on Stars to be able to play so if you can come up with a suitable solution then I'd be buzzing with that.

But as your organising it, I'll leave it down to you. So yeah, if it's on 15th or after I'm in :).

thebingokingx will be organising it, but yeah stars is easier as you both say. 

I suggested, as I wrote it in the comments on the BIAM thread I started, that we do it 2 weeks after your KO home game. so all the home games would be a variety. after the normal game, and then the rebuy.

3 hours ago, centipede said:

inefficient yes, but was trying to be more inclusive of people who want to play, but who arent on one or more sites for a variety of reasons. as pokerstars has held all the home games to date. 

i understand mate, and id love to do it differently, but im afraid theres not really an different proper option.

In a couple of days i'll announce an date, 2 weeks after the KO thing is OK. I'll then also announce the gameplay etc and what the rules will be. Will keep you all informed. x

On 30/01/2019 at 17:53, centipede said:

I have been looking into an alternative method of play, which negates the need for anyone to be a member of anything, so anyone can join in and play, early doors, but might help in the future, so a bit like a self hosted server rack, with access to play various table games on ?

But for now, maybe a simple text list of who can play (currently or pending to be able to play) on what site will help with the organisation?