CHELTENHAM 2019, Lets arm ourselves

spursman

On 28/01/2019 at 21:11, spursman said:

He likes FRONDON  though:

"I don't think I've trained a better jumper (of a fence) because he's so consistent and that helps him - he loves what he's doing and he's progressive.

"He always idles a little in front after the last but believe you me, if the ground is decent on the last day, which it often is, he'll run a big race. I'm not saying he's going to go and win or anything, but he'll run a big race.

"He ran in two Grade Ones last year over two-miles-five and he just hasn't quite got the speed to dominate in those races - over three miles against slower horses, he can.

Fair play

On 04/03/2019 at 13:20, spursman said:

So Far I've only done two smallish acca's, had a virus for the last week or so and haven't been following much. Got the next two weeks off work and let the work begin hopefully.

Fakir Doudairies with sir erec,  Paisley park and benie de dieux, same bet with classical dream, ante post so might be done with that one. I said I really liked Al dancer before he won the bet fair and he was 14/1. Am I a bit gutted I didn't take, yeah a bit, but I still feel that race wasn't a great one, nothing came out of the pack and for me even though impressive, taking the supreme is something else. Wide open for me. The other 3 look rock solid bar sir erec who has to do it on the big stage, but has given every indication he can. 

Fudge me got 12's on classical and all the other prices I got have decreased. All I can do now is hope sir erec gets beat tomorrow but I don't fancy my chances. If it comes in that last fence and ruby will haunt me for quite some time. Fudge off erec?

Edited by spursman
  • Chaching! 1

On 27/01/2019 at 21:42, 4houghts said:

Good thread mate, 

i may look foolish come the festival but how is presenting Percy the fav? 

The form of that RSA didn't really hold up and why was he run over hurdles a few days ago weird horse imo looks like a irish gamble to me from a small yard and everyone has got behind it.

he is 5/2 in some places looks a good lay to me against the field 

? should of lumped 

2 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

hindsight is a wonderful thing ?‍♂️

was a good thing for me, took 12's ante post, think i'm going to stick with ante post singles from now on, when the festival is actually going on, things seem to become much more clearer

• Keeemon 1

Just now, spursman said:

haha, no after timing intended @Marky147, I don't do that. I'm a mug punter, Fact. Wish I had your discipline, oh how things would be different. I've had a mixed cheltenham, up, only just but gutted in general. Hope your has gone well mate.

I'm just messing mate ?

I epitomise mug punter, lol. I just do it for entertainment, and Cheltenham is the only thing I give any serious time to. Discipline is definitely not something attributable to me. The fluctuations on my scales will tell you that!

I'll do a full reconciliation after it all finishes, but I think I've just snuck in front after the GC.

I stopped getting involved in the comp, if I choose a horse on that, I ended up backing it even if I fancied something else, or stopped me from doing something I fancied closer the time. Really gotta work out this thing they call discipline, like marky this is also entertainment for me, but winning is a far more enjoyable form of entertainment. I usually do better at aintree after assessing what has gone on here, so lets see what happens. It has been an enjoyable festival, I guess ?

• Keeemon 1