Rams winning the Superbowl

Markymark

1989, watching the Superbowl final with my old man. Since its was first shown live on C4 we would at the beginning of the season have a bet on who was going to win, every year without fail, we would go to the bookies and place our bets. The first 4/5 year not even close, then in 1989 we both had the same team, the 49rs, I can remember us jumping about the house as the 49rs won, it wasn't about the money, just the excitement of going through the whole season and getting it right. I never really got on with my old man, but for a few hours on a Sunday we where just mates watching the game, few beers having a laugh. Well, if I had known that it would take me 30 years (20 with my old man) to just get my team to the final I really wouldn't have bothered, but when my old man died I felt I had to carry on. So every year loss after loss, until this year, plumped for the Rams, and a few scarce later we're in the Superbowl final. So guys hoping TGC will send positive vibs and cheer on The Rams for me and my old man. 

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Puke! 4
  • Agree 1
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Markymark said:

1989, watching the Superbowl final with my old man. Since its was first shown live on C4 we would at the beginning of the season have a bet on who was going to win, every year without fail, we would go to the bookies and place our bets. The first 4/5 year not even close, then in 1989 we both had the same team, the 49rs, I can remember us jumping about the house as the 49rs won, it wasn't about the money, just the excitement of going through the whole season and getting it right. I never really got on with my old man, but for a few hours on a Sunday we where just mates watching the game, few beers having a laugh. Well, if I had known that it would take me 30 years (20 with my old man) to just get my team to the final I really wouldn't have bothered, but when my old man died I felt I had to carry on. So every year loss after loss, until this year, plumped for the Rams, and a few scarce later we're in the Superbowl final. So guys hoping TGC will send positive vibs and cheer on The Rams for me and my old man. 

Great to hear that you continuing with the tradition that you and your pop shared Mark!

Sure he is looking down from his all-pro seat of fame and cheering you and the R's on!!

I was gutted when the chance with the WC last year, ended in misery, but sure they have a massive chance to achieve it this time around!!

• Good Luck! 1