08/03/2018 - Newcastle (AW)

Nothing planned tonight.... so having a few little punts on the AW Trash running tonight..... definitely not tips. 

5.45 - Callomania - £25.00 E/W @ 80/1 (BOG) - Unraced filly. Adrian Nicholls fresh to the training gig, but in my opinion was a very good jockey. Its a typical trashy AW Maiden race, probably has no chance, no indicators in the betting and if Nicholls is anything like his Dad (RIP) you would expect that horse to have been hammered already if they felt it was off. 

6.15 - On A May Day - £150 WIN @ 14/1 (BOG) - Another pretty abysmal race. I don't mind punting on Johnston horses as I feel like you usually get a race for your money with them invariably being front runners. PJ riding it, love this jockey/trainer combination.

6.45 - Branscombe - £50 WIN @ 22/1 (BOG) - As above with the trainer and jockey combination. Looked awful last time out. Don't really fancy anything in this race so just gone for a small punt on the outsider for a little interest. 

7.15 - Lost At Sea - £300 WIN @ 4/1 (BOG) - Going against the Racing Post NAP in this race. I think Karl Burke is a majorly under rated trainer. This horse has seen some improvement, I think this is maybe a bit of an easier contest than his last run, hopefully theres scope for further improvement. 

7.45 - Swansway -- £100 WIN @ 9/1 (BOG) -  I didn't fancy anything at all in this race to be honest. Was tipped this a few races ago (it won), usually don't follow horses, but for the sake of having a bit of interest in the race and not just closing my eyes and pointing at one, I stuck a little win bet on it. 

8.15 - Oriental Lilly - £400 WIN @ 3/1 (BOG) - On the 4 timer, not a bad little class 4 for a thursday night on the AW.

+ £31.50 (25p E/W Lucky 63) at various prices on BV. 

Staked - £1081.50.... Returns = ?? 

Reiterating, not tips... not even done much studying, going by my usual bet sizes on horses, a fairly modest outlay. Just a bit of fun, hoping my missus lets me switch to the racing channel in between whatever shite tv shows we are watching.... :D 

Had one of my biggest ever racing bets at Cheltenham (on the course) in 2009 on Master Minded. What a beautiful horse that was. I believe they laid me at 2/5 (it went off at 4/11). The bet was so juicy it was mentioned on the TV (think the coverage was on the BBC back then, but might have been Channel 4) by one of their pundits in the ring live on tv. Such was the quality and sheer class of that horse, it made for more comfortable viewing than some 50 quid bets do! lol. My biggest ever bets have been on my own or friends horses though, and most of those horses aren't fit to even walk by Cheltenham :D they are more Wolverhampton on a monday night horses generally. 

Well didn't get the dream start to the Lucky 63... I can see Callomania winning a poor class 6 at a good price though, it wasn't totally abysmal. One to add to the watch list. 

My next selection "On A May Day" is flagging as a market mover via my software. £300 more to place @ 100/30 on it. Not unusual for Johnstons horses to move in the betting however. I just decided I would rather have done it each way though, so covering those bases. 

9 minutes ago, Craig clifton said:

Blimey I have 3 of the same in l/15 callmiana swansway and bransombe fingers crossed on the latter too.

Good luck with Cheltenham ?

We are both good at picking bigger priced losers it seems.... favourite won again. :D

10 minutes ago, Craig clifton said:

Is anyone on hear going to put up daily tips naps ECT? Would be good to see the bookies running for cover. 

Probably wouldn't do this regularly at all, and judging by my results so far tonight people would be best advised to steer clear of my own picks anyway! lol. To be fair they are mostly speculative tonight, minus the next and the last which I looked at a little more and fancy. 

Well the last one ran well, just ran out of track. So it all comes down to the last for me to save my horse punts for the night. Been here many a time before :D