spursman

Andy Murray, what's your opinion on him? like or dislike?

Recommended Posts

I dunno know why, but something about the guy that fudges me right off, no personality, maybe comes across as arrogant and just doesn't seem a nice person, I don't know him obviously and I have no right to judge anyone, but was wondering how other's on here felt about him?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennis and tennis betting, is about as interesting as walking along the great wall of china, listening to tony blackburn, whilst completing the sun crossword.. so he fits in fine...boring as ditchwater!

Sure he is ok in the real world, but as he has just retired, I do not think he will be as missed as Sir Cliff Richard was, after he did his live tennis impromptu gig!!! 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennis isn't boring, it is actually a great sport and when played by two talented players can be a wonderful spectacle, removed your post man, so off topic and irrelevant. And keep your cliff Richards moves to yourself

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think merose is the word im looking for. He's admitted to hating the English so he can eff off and lose Wimbledon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spursman said:

Tennis isn't boring, it is actually a great sport and when played by two talented players can be a wonderful spectacle, removed your post man, so off topic and irrelevant. And keep your cliff Richards moves to yourself

You asked if anyone liked or disliked Andy Murray, who plays, or did play Tennis, which to many is a really boring sport, hence why you got the on topic answer and on niche reply that he is boring... he acts as though he is bored, everyone around him is bored and he, like you said has an air of boorishness about him, playing or otherwise...

I did not say it was not a wonderful spectacle, been to many finals, male & female, but as far as he, not judged like you said yourself, as a person is concerned, sure he is the same as all of us at times... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I think merose is the word im looking for. He's admitted to hating the English so he can eff off and lose Wimbledon 

Was that true?, I remember hearing something like that, I've always preferred the other big 3 in Nadal, djorkovic and of course Roger, all has charisma, charm and personality. This guy was always dull and boring. There is an interesting book call "The outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, basically talks about a 10,000 hour rule.

Where is you practice this amount of time in anything you become an expert in it, even though you not naturally talented in that area. Beatles 100's of gigs in Germany was used as an example before they got big. I think people like Murray, Lampard etc were born with parents in a sport and they were exposed to it from an early age, so rather than having a natural talent and love for it, they were in effect work horses. Maybe he never enjoyed it, that's why he never smiled, but I dunno, was always something about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spursman said:

Was that true?, I remember hearing something like that, I've always preferred the other big 3 in Nadal, djorkovic and of course Roger, all has charisma, charm and personality. This guy was always dull and boring. There is an interesting book call "The outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, basically talks about a 10,000 hour rule.

Where is you practice this amount of time in anything you become an expert in it, even though you not naturally talented in that area. Beatles 100's of gigs in Germany was used as an example before they got big. I think people like Murray, Lampard etc were born with parents in a sport and they were exposed to it from an early age, so rather than having a natural talent and love for it, they were in effect work horses. Maybe he never enjoyed it, that's why he never smiled, but I dunno, was always something about him. 

Like you said we don't know him so maybe we're doing him an injustice. 

I just cant take to him. 

I think it was in the early days when he mentioned the English thing, but he's had a bit of pr advice since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Poker said:

 

I did not say it was not a wonderful spectacle, been to many finals, male & female, but as far as he, not judged like you said yourself, as a person is concerned, sure he is the same as all of us at times... 🙂

Are you now saying you've been to many tennis finals after stating you found the game of tennis as interesting as walking the Great Wall of china with Tony Blackburn on while you show off you cliff Richard moves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spursman said:

Are you now saying you've been to many tennis finals after stating you found the game of tennis as interesting as walking the Great Wall of china with Tony Blackburn on while you show off you cliff Richard moves?

Again I said "been to" I did not say I wanted to!!! The best thing about andy murray was a few years back, when I took a gamble on some "tickets" he made the finals, the profit was not boring and a local charity got a chunk of the change from the box sale, as for cliff, come on.. they are moves like no other in tennis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, david1111 said:

I think merose is the word im looking for. He's admitted to hating the English so he can eff off and lose Wimbledon 

Morose he certainly is...but definitely the product of a forceful and determined mother who pressured him to succeed in creating fame and fortune by dominating the game, so that She could be equally famous and bathe in the limelight she could not create.This is the sadness of a victim who cannot stand alone. Hs bitterness and self absorption become obvious and we find him unattractive.  Yes he s a good tennis player but a greedy and vain human being, just like all force fed celebrities I see , in other sports, and in the Media.  I cannot like or dislike someone whose parenting has been so selfish. 

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

Morose he certainly is...but definitely the product of a forceful and determined mother who pressured him to succeed in creating fame and fortune by dominating the game, so that She could be equally famous and bathe in the limelight she could not create.This is the sadness of a victim who cannot stand alone. Hs bitterness and self absorption become obvious and we find him unattractive.  Yes he s a good tennis player but a greedy and vain human being, just like all force fed celebrities I see , in other sports, and in the Media.  I cannot like or dislike someone whose parenting has been so selfish. 

As ever, an excellent analysis

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, first of all he never said he doesn't like the English, he married one and he lives in London. The only reason the English don't like him is he's not Tim Henman, a guy who never won anything, but he's posh and speaks with the right accent. This guys been working his bollocks off since the age of 10, left this home, family and friends aged 12 to train in Spain. His mother did not force him to train, in fact she was against him going to Spain and training to much at such a young age. Is he perfect of course not, but he's been the best British player ever by a long way. He's has always been there for Davis Cups, practically won one by himself. Andy Murray's been the best thing to happen for British tennis ever, remember what it was like before him. Andy Murray, born winner. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Right, first of all he never said he doesn't like the English, he married one and he lives in London. The only reason the English don't like him is he's not Tim Henman, a guy who never won anything, but he's posh and speaks with the right accent. This guys been working his bollocks off since the age of 10, left this home, family and friends aged 12 to train in Spain. His mother did not force him to train, in fact she was against him going to Spain and training to much at such a young age. Is he perfect of course not, but he's been the best British player ever by a long way. He's has always been there for Davis Cups, practically won one by himself. Andy Murray's been the best thing to happen for British tennis ever, remember what it was like before him. Andy Murray, born winner. 

You have balanced my equation.....there are always two sides to a coin. I am reassured .

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind him ok he can seem to be a bit of a miserable/boring bloke but I think I would seem miserable too when your the best British player possibly ever and have had to compete with federer nadal and Djokovic. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kinkerbells said:

I'd give him one 🙄🙄

Fancy a game of tennis @Kinkerbells you might get to hear “you can’t be serious my balls were in” 😂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Right, first of all he never said he doesn't like the English, he married one and he lives in London. The only reason the English don't like him is he's not Tim Henman, a guy who never won anything, but he's posh and speaks with the right accent. This guys been working his bollocks off since the age of 10, left this home, family and friends aged 12 to train in Spain. His mother did not force him to train, in fact she was against him going to Spain and training to much at such a young age. Is he perfect of course not, but he's been the best British player ever by a long way. He's has always been there for Davis Cups, practically won one by himself. Andy Murray's been the best thing to happen for British tennis ever, remember what it was like before him. Andy Murray, born winner. 

I'm pretty sure it was reported in the early days that he was quoted as saying he hated the English. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, david1111 said:

I'm pretty sure it was reported in the early days that he was quoted as saying he hated the English. 

Ffs!! It was a twitter joke when he was a teen regarding football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Ffs!! It was a twitter joke when he was a teen regarding football.

fair enough, but stuff like that always comes back to bite you

Edited by david1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, david1111 said:

fair enough, but stuff like that always comes back to bite you

Yeah mate, but he has said loads of times that it was a major regret, and was sorry for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thewweEDGEHAD said:

Hm... was always a good opponent for Roger Federer 🇨🇭🇨🇭

Isn't everyone 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't like him as he complains too much 

 

but I feel gutted for him , yes he probally has more money than we could dream of but imagine from a young age training and playing tennis ever day , everything you do is to improve in the sport you love wether it's what you eat , drink , exercise , social life and all of a sudden that is taking away from you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, h0tsh0t87 said:

I personally don't like him as he complains too much 

 

but I feel gutted for him , yes he probally has more money than we could dream of but imagine from a young age training and playing tennis ever day , everything you do is to improve in the sport you love wether it's what you eat , drink , exercise , social life and all of a sudden that is taking away from you

its like with any sports person that has to give up the game.

a lot will continue with coaching etc, but some go off the rails. i doubt Judy would allow that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now