Sign in to follow this  
Uncleeggnog

Time to give up.

Recommended Posts

Good post mate and welcome. 

I suppose the majority of people on here have been through the same kind thing when it comes to gambling, The main thing is your not alone so don’t feel that way also you have recognised you have a problem and it sounds like you want to beat the addiction, I wish you all the best for the future and hope you overcome it.

If your ever feeling down or just want a chat feel free to message me on here. 

All the best mate 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be a good idea to take a hobby up mate , do you have any interests ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck, don't forget to use the number of tools available to restrict online gambling such as Gamban and GAMSTOP. You can also self-exclude from land-based casinos and bookmakers if you desire.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Uncleeggnog Like Nicola said get your self on Gamstop and you can also ban yourself from your local casinos, will help massively to take the temptation away. And also like miller said sometimes its good to then focus on something else as when you quit there is that initial void, so maybe get addicted to something positive like the gym or even become a boss on the xbox!

Good luck mate and yeh keep this updated with how your getting on

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s been just over a week so far and things are going better than I expected.

I got paid a few days ago and instead of the first thing I wanted to do was gamble, I payed off my gas and electric bill (£750 I owed) in full. So one of my debts is clear.

every month I plan on cleaning my debts and improving my credit so I can get a nice car or something.

i keep thinking about having a game of blackjack and playing dolphins pearl, the thoughts keep racing through my head because I do really miss playing it but I’m in control.

 

lets keep going with this! 1 week in and I still have 1/2 of my wages left for myself and it’s NOT going on gambling for the first time in years :)!

  • Like 4
  • Get In There! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uncleeggnog said:

Well it’s been just over a week so far and things are going better than I expected.

I got paid a few days ago and instead of the first thing I wanted to do was gamble, I payed off my gas and electric bill (£750 I owed) in full. So one of my debts is clear.

every month I plan on cleaning my debts and improving my credit so I can get a nice car or something.

i keep thinking about having a game of blackjack and playing dolphins pearl, the thoughts keep racing through my head because I do really miss playing it but I’m in control.

 

lets keep going with this! 1 week in and I still have 1/2 of my wages left for myself and it’s NOT going on gambling for the first time in years :)!

Get in there mate!! What are you going to spend it on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it going mate. Just think how good it felt clearing a debt and you've set yourself a target to clear the rest. 

Way better than the dispairing feeling of losing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Uncleeggnog said:

Well it’s been just over a week so far and things are going better than I expected.

I got paid a few days ago and instead of the first thing I wanted to do was gamble, I payed off my gas and electric bill (£750 I owed) in full. So one of my debts is clear.

every month I plan on cleaning my debts and improving my credit so I can get a nice car or something.

i keep thinking about having a game of blackjack and playing dolphins pearl, the thoughts keep racing through my head because I do really miss playing it but I’m in control.

 

 lets keep going with this! 1 week in and I still have 1/2 of my wages left for myself and it’s NOT going on gambling for the first time in years :)!

Result eggnog, as you progress, you will find it gets a little (not a lot!) easier, each time you make a positive dent in the debts... life will become so much more fun and you will have $/£ to start to enjoy stuff, that gambling, just eats into, like a virus, without a simple cure!!

Everyone on TGC is here to help you, sometimes even if you do not ask, you will get something + from many, many different members, from all walks!

Just make sure that you do not join up to @Rocknrolla new "cabbage clan" as you really will regret that!!!! 🙂

Keep going and use TGC as a free, all you can eat gambling buffet, without actually having to eat anything yourself!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocknrolla said:

Get in there mate!! What are you going to spend it on?

Thanks, when I’m debt free and my credit isn’t as poor I might get an Audi s5 🙂 gotta wait for credit to improve through to get a better rate. @Poker thanks for the kind words 🙂 feeling good about having money! I don’t feel guilty about spending £50 on food shopping like I used to and then go and lose £200 online.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncleeggnog said:

Well it’s been just over a week so far and things are going better than I expected.

I got paid a few days ago and instead of the first thing I wanted to do was gamble, I payed off my gas and electric bill (£750 I owed) in full. So one of my debts is clear.

every month I plan on cleaning my debts and improving my credit so I can get a nice car or something.

i keep thinking about having a game of blackjack and playing dolphins pearl, the thoughts keep racing through my head because I do really miss playing it but I’m in control.

 

lets keep going with this! 1 week in and I still have 1/2 of my wages left for myself and it’s NOT going on gambling for the first time in years :)!

This is a great decision, and we all know how hard this is going to be. So you need to set rules that work, not rules that allow you to dodge your decision. 

1. Open a bank account that has no card access via cashpoint.

2. Place your spare cash there.

3. Pay off your bills, and keep a close eye on your spare time...

4. Find something to do, like exercise or sports, or walking in the country.....

5. Keep in contact on this site ,and get involved with the competitions, they're free and you don't need to Gamble to have fun.

6. Dont regret anything ever or you will feck this up, as Blampy would say !!!

7. Don't lie to yourself when you fail, were all human, accept the crap, and get on with the moment.

8. Now do it.

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I agree with all the above I have been addicted to most things in my life, and it's hard very hard to break the chain. For me sadly I replaced one addiction for another so you have to be careful of that, I honestly believe any addiction is bad news, you might say going to the gym etc is good but once you become obsessed with something it unhealthy.

I have been addicted in no particular order....

 

Heroin

Cocaine

Gambling 

Sex probably the hardest to break as people just think don't be stupid that must be brilliant.  And I'm sure people (some) might take the piss for me writing that.

 

All of the above have literally nearly killed me, and were very hard to break.

 

I'm 45 this year and for the first time in a long time I'm free of any Demons.

 

Stay strong talk and accept as someone said before, that you will probably fuck up but just don't beat yourself up over it and try and try again.

 

Good luck I'm happy to chat if you ever want an 👂

  • Like 3
  • Angel 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, adamuk said:

Yes I agree with all the above I have been addicted to most things in my life, and it's hard very hard to break the chain. For me sadly I replaced one addiction for another so you have to be careful of that, I honestly believe any addiction is bad news, you might say going to the gym etc is good but once you become obsessed with something it unhealthy.

I have been addicted in no particular order....

 

Heroin

Cocaine

Gambling 

Sex probably the hardest to break as people just think don't be stupid that must be brilliant.  And I'm sure people (some) might take the piss for me writing that.

 

All of the above have literally nearly killed me, and were very hard to break.

 

I'm 45 this year and for the first time in a long time I'm free of any Demons.

 

Stay strong talk and accept as someone said before, that you will probably fuck up but just don't beat yourself up over it and try and try again.

 

Good luck I'm happy to chat if you ever want an 👂

Looks like you will be a valuable member of TGC.  Great stuff....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love BJ as well and I also emptied my funds way too many times. Been up, then 10 min later massive down I don't know what happened. Like magic dealer makes out of nowhere 20, 21... Drives me nuts. 

Then  I realised I'm doing it wrong. This game is not for me. I like stabilazation, building up. Then I found out as much as I don't enjoy roulette is actually much better than BJ since its very rare to fuck me 3 times in a row if I bet say on 20 plus numbers, but so many times I had 19 vs 4 on BJ which is good advantage then I lose, how many times I had 10/11 vs dealer low, I double then I lose... Then sidebets sometimes come often but mostly loss there also. And counting and stuff like surrender are nowhere seen in online evolution.. 

FUCK BJ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad story to hear but I'm sure most people here have been in similar situations, though, that never makes it any easier. Best thing to do is limit all your accounts so this cant happen and/or secure your bank accounts like giving your cash to a wife/parent/friend/gf so you cant access it. Hope it all works out for you, stay strong.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Uncleeggnog said:

Thanks, when I’m debt free and my credit isn’t as poor I might get an Audi s5 🙂 gotta wait for credit to improve through to get a better rate. @Poker thanks for the kind words 🙂 feeling good about having money! I don’t feel guilty about spending £50 on food shopping like I used to and then go and lose £200 online.

Good on you, having a positive target or targets, regardless of anything to do with the gambling, is a stellar way to evolve your mindset, everyone will say "oh you cannot be addicted to gambling" and "there is no way you spent $1k on that roll of the dice" in the same breath... but the 2 go hand in hand, if you (anyone) have access to funds, it will get spent, if you do not have access, like in your new approach, it will not...

@Solario333 words and advice are 2nd to none on here and in the world of gambling, why? He has seen, experienced and survived, both sides of the double headed coin that is Gambling, having ZERO in the account that pays bills, that only gets funds to pay bills, is a massive step for all degen or gambling addicts, then you have, like you have done, a nice pot of X that can be spent in the future on whatever you need...

It is not simple and what you have gone through, with your other addictions and health issues, will ALWAYS be there.. BUT it can be gently removed and erased from everyone's past life and replaced with a future life, with less stress, worries and heartache for all involved!

As for the A5, superb target, who cares if it takes you 2 years more to get your 666 CR or higher back to get one, who cares if you buy a pink one with yellow spots, the point is, you are doing it and WILL do it EggNog 😉 

* replace A5 with anything anyone wants to, its the mindset to do it and actions to achieve it that will help anyone in the same stush!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CherryPi said:

I love BJ as well and I also emptied my funds way too many times. Been up, then 10 min later massive down I don't know what happened. Like magic dealer makes out of nowhere 20, 21... Drives me nuts. 

Then  I realised I'm doing it wrong. This game is not for me. I like stabilazation, building up. Then I found out as much as I don't enjoy roulette is actually much better than BJ since its very rare to fuck me 3 times in a row if I bet say on 20 plus numbers, but so many times I had 19 vs 4 on BJ which is good advantage then I lose, how many times I had 10/11 vs dealer low, I double then I lose... Then sidebets sometimes come often but mostly loss there also. And counting and stuff like surrender are nowhere seen in online evolution.. 

FUCK BJ... 

The biggest mistake a Gambler makes is not to take responsibility for the way we gamble, and the money we spend.  To succeed you must open that honesty box that says  " I had 2000 now I have nil ' My fault. My action, my responsibility to correct it. But you're right about roulette ..it is less brutal than Blackjack, though technically BJ has better odds, the online version is a SCREW YOU version.

Because of the nature of roulette there is more bet flexibility which gives you more scope to win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One time I had a complete breakdown playing blackjack Is when I deposited £200 no bonus, few nice side bets (suited trips, straight flushes and Perfect pairs) it took me up to £9700. It probably taken me about 7 hours to get to this balance and virgin games showed I had wagered £200k in bets to get to this. I withdraw the 9k and left 700, that went in a few minutes, reversed 1k, lost and I kept doing it until I had 0 winnings and I was another £1000 (the last of my wages) in the hole. Felt so low and pathetic after this, all the lovely things I could have done with that money bit that’s gone now.

  • Angel 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Uncleeggnog said:

One time I had a complete breakdown playing blackjack Is when I deposited £200 no bonus, few nice side bets (suited trips, straight flushes and Perfect pairs) it took me up to £9700. It probably taken me about 7 hours to get to this balance and virgin games showed I had wagered £200k in bets to get to this. I withdraw the 9k and left 700, that went in a few minutes, reversed 1k, lost and I kept doing it until I had 0 winnings and I was another £1000 (the last of my wages) in the hole. Felt so low and pathetic after this, all the lovely things I could have done with that money bit that’s gone now.

It has gone, but you have the start of your "new" life now, which will bring much more enjoyment and less stress than when you dumped £9k odd 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncleeggnog said:

One time I had a complete breakdown playing blackjack Is when I deposited £200 no bonus, few nice side bets (suited trips, straight flushes and Perfect pairs) it took me up to £9700. It probably taken me about 7 hours to get to this balance and virgin games showed I had wagered £200k in bets to get to this. I withdraw the 9k and left 700, that went in a few minutes, reversed 1k, lost and I kept doing it until I had 0 winnings and I was another £1000 (the last of my wages) in the hole. Felt so low and pathetic after this, all the lovely things I could have done with that money bit that’s gone now.

Reading your words reminds me of many a day spent in temporary insanity , by myself.   

In 1981 I went to the Cromwell Mint , in London to play Blackjack.  I sat down and changed just 60.00 and put £5 on the box.... 25 hands later it was 1100.00.  I cashed out ,and went over to Roulette. I placed 25 pounds on 5 numbers , and number 19 came in....  Adding the chips to the pile I then went to a higher limit Blackjack table , and lost every hand.....875 gone, 1100, gone, 2000 more gone..... went home with 1.50 ........ to last a  month.  That was a really bad experience.  

The next day my last 1.50 went on a straight forecast double .....It won !! and 150 pounds saved my month. 

There is a God ...... Have Faith.  For all our foolishness God will step in and meet our needs. Its not obvious .......but it happens time and time again....  even in our moments of madness , when money is just another bet, then God is waiting to even the score, and keep us safe.  

My Belief in God is total.     Gamblers are experts on Madness. So in God we Trust.

  • Love 1
  • Angel 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, things were beginning to look up for me in terms of turning my life around for the better.

Tomorrow will be two weeks without a single gamble and as I said previously I am paying my bills off.

well I was hit with a bomb shell today when my girlfriend phoned me up in tears telling me she’s lost her job.

this has put a huge strain on me financially now as she has no income I have to find a way to pay all the bills once again. This happened last year and I racked up lots of debts and missed payments and destroyed my credit because of it.

when she told me the news I felt instant pressure on me like someone was standing on my chest.

i have huge fears whilst she’s not working that I will begin to gamble on blackjack again with thoughts of “if I can just deposit £100 and land 3 wins in a row I will have £800 to pay my bills” but that £100 will soon turn into My whole wage again.

i generally don’t know what to do now I feel like I’m back at square one, any advise from anyone will be greatly appreciated thanks a bunch guys.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Uncleeggnog said:

Well, things were beginning to look up for me in terms of turning my life around for the better.

Tomorrow will be two weeks without a single gamble and as I said previously I am paying my bills off.

well I was hit with a bomb shell today when my girlfriend phoned me up in tears telling me she’s lost her job.

this has put a huge strain on me financially now as she has no income I have to find a way to pay all the bills once again. This happened last year and I racked up lots of debts and missed payments and destroyed my credit because of it.

when she told me the news I felt instant pressure on me like someone was standing on my chest.

i have huge fears whilst she’s not working that I will begin to gamble on blackjack again with thoughts of “if I can just deposit £100 and land 3 wins in a row I will have £800 to pay my bills” but that £100 will soon turn into My whole wage again.

i generally don’t know what to do now I feel like I’m back at square one, any advise from anyone will be greatly appreciated thanks a bunch guys.

I'm 16 days off the gambling and bevy. Doing dry January for both. 

My advice would be to set a realistic target for yourself of a month of no gambling and cool off all your accounts. 

I'm saving myself for Cheltenham which Is what I'm trying to focusing on. 

Gluck man, I've been there.

Alternative is take your money out incash for bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this