any golf punters about ?

Shades111

huge fan of golf betting here , specific reason for this is the huge prices that are available if you are willing to avoid the top tier players like spieth , mcilroy , johnson etc .

skybet seem to be the best site for value , usually they pay each-way top8 on one tournament each week and they nearly always do the same for all the major championships .

its very rare that fancied players fill multiple places in any tournament , players up to 250/1-500/1 get placed regularly , now ok the fields are big , it is not easy by far , but its possible to win some decent money on golf for a pretty small outlay .

me and my mate go halves every week on a bet which covers the european tour and american tour , we pick 2 players each in both tours and do 50p each-way cross doubles costing a total of £16 , neither of us are allowed to pick players under 50/1 . we have been doing this bet now every week for a couple of years , we are yet to hit the elusive win double but we have been lucky on a few occasions with some huge price place doubles , the last memorable one was late last year , my mate picked the 250/1 winner in europe and i picked the 4th in US at 125/1 , we picked up around 1K which was really nice , imagine the 125/1 shot winning !!!

anyway just wondered if there was any other golf punters out there doing similar bets , if so please feel free to post your picks here , heres our picks for this week . last player is Aaron wise 150/1 out of camera shot . 

12.png

Depends if I plan on watching any of it really. I do like a golf bet though, especially on the majors if only for the fact you get 4 days worth of entertainment out of your punt assuming you can make the cut. Do you ever do 3 balls? I have done pretty well on those over the years.

24 minutes ago, Denman said:

Depends if I plan on watching any of it really. I do like a golf bet though, especially on the majors if only for the fact you get 4 days worth of entertainment out of your punt assuming you can make the cut. Do you ever do 3 balls? I have done pretty well on those over the years.

hi denman , yes i do do 3balls on occasions , iv had a few up over time , i went to the OPEN last year and was doing accas every day on them , i blanked the first day but the next 3 days i had one up each day , third and forth day being 2balls but it paid for quite a lot of the very expensive trip .

actually funny you should mention the 3balls as i have had one today , first one has already won Ryan Moore , he won his match shooting +3 lol

13.png

feel like a bit of a dummy tonight , cheltenham in few days so keeping my bets minimum , looked at leaderboard this morning for a player 4 or 5 back that is capable of shooting low round , casey stood out a little bit to me , but with woods , sneds and rose all a few shots better off i thought he cant get past all of them so just stuck £3 on him at 20/1 in the " without woods and rose " market instead of the 66/1 outright , well if you didnt know he went on and won it outright , sort of happy with the £63 return as it gives me two or three decent bets in the week but feel a bit sick as it could easily of been £200 . 

oh well , roll on cheltenham !!!!

• Keeemon 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes love the golf!

The WGC matchplay starts today. Good field. 16 groups Teeing off around 3pm today (it's in Austin, Texas) 

Rahms Group, Rorys group, Days group and Spieths group all look really tasty. Oost is big value at 60/1 as he seems. To overperform in match plays,  but has Jason day in his group and even if he gets past him is likely to Meet the winner of Group 1 (presumably Dustin Johnson)  if he goes through. And that's before getting near the places paid. 

The format of this competition is one through out of each group, then last 16 onwards is just a head to head knockout. Groups 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13 and 16 are in the one half of the bracket, with the other groups in the other.

This makes it a little more difficult than usual to pick an outsider, as its head to head to the final, playing solid all the way through rather than blowing hot and cold is going to be key. Will post my selections in a few hours when I've finally decided. 

Anyone on anything? Definitely in for masters chat by the way! 

41 minutes ago, Luke_B_123 said:

Yes love the golf!

The WGC matchplay starts today. Good field. 16 groups Teeing off around 3pm today (it's in Austin, Texas) 

Rahms Group, Rorys group, Days group and Spieths group all look really tasty. Oost is big value at 60/1 as he seems. To overperform in match plays,  but has Jason day in his group and even if he gets past him is likely to Meet the winner of Group 1 (presumably Dustin Johnson)  if he goes through. And that's before getting near the places paid. 

The format of this competition is one through out of each group, then last 16 onwards is just a head to head knockout. Groups 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13 and 16 are in the one half of the bracket, with the other groups in the other.

This makes it a little more difficult than usual to pick an outsider, as its head to head to the final, playing solid all the way through rather than blowing hot and cold is going to be key. Will post my selections in a few hours when I've finally decided. 

Anyone on anything? Definitely in for masters chat by the way! 

Was possibly thinking of Rory for the masters. He seems on form at the moment. Just wary as augusta doesn't seem to bring out the best in him. 

Having a decent look at it the lower bracket seems a fair bit more Favourable. I think Paul Casey has arguably the easiest run in so going with him each way. 

Casey along with one of either Mcilroy or Mickelson. 

The top bracket is tough with some of the golfers I like (Fleetwood, Cantlay and Reed) having to beat at least one of Spieth / DJ as well as their groups containing Jason Day, Noren and Matsuyama. 

Course doesn't seem to be playing too long, which makes me want to pick Mickelson a bit more and he's got the bottle. The only other one tempting me is Marc Leishmann at 45s. Seems he would have to beat Rory though and I don't want too many from the bottom bracket as they can't all win. 

Casey e/w 20s

Mickelson e/w 25s

And tiny on Spieth at 16s purely because he's in the other bracket and can't see Cantlay Reed or matsuyama getting past him. 

Okay first day. 2/3 won and both DJ and Mcilroy playing poorly. 

Unfortunately Mickelson just didn't get started and C.H.3rd hit a few birdies half way round which was enough. First time in 10 years Mickelson has lost his first game! (about my luck) 

Casey and Spieth through,  but both had to dig the win out, so whilst the odds have shortened still need them to improve. 

11 hours ago, Adz Adzy said:

this match play tourney is difficult to get a few winning picks coz each game is pot luck almost! its good to watch tho especially after the groups stage

Yep, your right -  think I posted something to this effect early on.

Spieth and Casey down around 10/1 tied second favourites at the moment, with both of them playing solid golf now. DJ has had a stinker, and Mickelson (who was poor yesterday) has not improved and looks like he needs a miracle. 

Guest Miller26
14 minutes ago, Shades111 said:

sweating on the cabrero bello match , all square after 12 , need him to win !!

cab.png

I literally haven’t go a clue about golf shades but hope the guy wins .

surviving bets after cuts ;-

£4 e/w Noren 40/1 WGC

£1 e/w cross doubles Thomas 12/1 in WGC onto Ryu 25/1 and Ko 28/1 in Kia classic

£4 win Soderberg in Kenya 40/1

also got cross doubles with my mate ;-

Kisner and Kuchar WGC (drawn each other in last 16) grrrr !!! onto Salas in Kia 

so got few chances left

Edited by Shades111

1 hour ago, Shades111 said:

its all about seb soderberg in the morning guys , 2 shots clear going into final round #SundayFunday

Good Luck with that, very good call. I usually do e/w singles and the two tour e/w cross doubles at small stakes, but not this week. This weeks fromat has been bad one for me over the years so just had 5 small ew singles. I read it was a course for bombers so randomly done Noren, Bubba, Finau and Luke List (picked from the long driving stats) (Rory, Dustin and Thomas were too short) plus Oosthuizen as he had a good matchplay record and someone tipped him up here too. Amazingly its paid off!! 2 in the final 4. More luck than judgement, but hey.

Now i found this golf betting link in the forum I will be back to check what your doing as often as i can. I will try and impart some wisdom now and again, this season I seem to bet on the winner the week before they actually go onto win. Grrrr Frustrating. I will name and shame Haotong Li,  Shub Sharma and Aphibarnrat, in successive weeks I think, luckily Coetzee done the business a few weeks ago else I would have been snapping that virtual putter across my knee.

All the best for tomorrow Shades

• Keeemon 1

46 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Good Luck with that, very good call. I usually do e/w singles and the two tour e/w cross doubles at small stakes, but not this week. This weeks fromat has been bad one for me over the years so just had 5 small ew singles. I read it was a course for bombers so randomly done Noren, Bubba, Finau and Luke List (picked from the long driving stats) (Rory, Dustin and Thomas were too short) plus Oosthuizen as he had a good matchplay record and someone tipped him up here too. Amazingly its paid off!! 2 in the final 4. More luck than judgement, but hey.

Now i found this golf betting link in the forum I will be back to check what your doing as often as i can. I will try and impart some wisdom now and again, this season I seem to bet on the winner the week before they actually go onto win. Grrrr Frustrating. I will name and shame Haotong Li,  Shub Sharma and Aphibarnrat, in successive weeks I think, luckily Coetzee done the business a few weeks ago else I would have been snapping that virtual putter across my knee.

All the best for tomorrow Shades

thanks mate , i got plenty of action its looking like (salas closed right up on kerr as i write this) so its looking like kevin kisner may be the one i really want in end .

looking forward to your posts in future , not many golf punters on here it would seem so lets hope we can find some winners from our small little group and attract a few more .

good luck  chat soon .